Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice **** you are,carpenter was very good if he had two arms he'd be playing afl,not against duds like you

I watched the Raiders V's Corowa game on the wke.As a raiders supporter i was extremely impressed with Sam Carpenter's performance. i agree he is hard at the ball, is extremely busy around the ground/packs and didn't miss a target. This is a great effort considering his situation. i would of had him in the top 3 on the ground with Clark and Prior.

If i had to have a guess i would think that Move On didn't even play and is just trying to makeup shit, because if he did he is a poor judge of football.

yeah saw dickins a few times - he is one hard nut! heres a list of country footballers who are hard nuts, that ive seen over the years:-

Andy Carey (om)
Dave Farrel (murray league)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)
Luke trew (om) (havent seen him play for awhile, but he wouldnt have changed)
simon mccormick (om - underrated hard nut)

Theres plenty more obviously - just a quick list to get started....

I would have to say Brendon Way and Christain Macri were hardest players i've played alongside

Andy Hill from Rovers is about as tough and fearsome as they come!
Still remember the day at the Hawks ground a few years ago when they were playing Corowa/Rutherglen, and Marcus Osborne the filthy prick headbutted Hilly on the boundary. Andy then proceded to take his free kick and then drop Osborne to the ground and smash punch after punch into his skull. The sound was sickening to hear and apparently it took the club almost a week to remove the impression of his head from the ground!

I watched the Raiders V's Corowa game on the wke.As a raiders supporter i was extremely impressed with Sam Carpenter's performance. i agree he is hard at the ball, is extremely busy around the ground/packs and didn't miss a target. This is a great effort considering his situation. i would of had him in the top 3 on the ground with Clark and Prior.

If i had to have a guess i would think that Move On didn't even play and is just trying to makeup shit, because if he did he is a poor judge of football.
well said

yeah saw dickins a few times - he is one hard nut! heres a list of country footballers who are hard nuts, that ive seen over the years:-

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

Bobby and Alan Crisp from Myrtleford in the old days?

I agree i think carpenter is a hard at it player and would be playing a higher level.. if you had any balls reveal yourself saying you smacked him?? i was at the game and thought he was good in first half and died out of it a bit after that.. nic raines was clearly one of the best on the ground! along with clarke and possibly mills:)

Andy Carey (om)
Tim Hargraeves (om)
Carl Dickins (om)

Well while we're on the topic of hard players i'd like to point out some of the softer players to have played at a high level
Aaron Fiora (and his alias on big footy)
Brendan Page (om)
Travis Hodgson (om)
Brent Ohlin (om)
Craig Ednie (om)
Andrew Johnson (om)
Adam Cole (gv)
Mark Bush (om)
Saul Scammel (om jets)

Still remember the day at the Hawks ground a few years ago when they were playing Corowa/Rutherglen, and Marcus Osborne the filthy prick headbutted Hilly on the boundary. Andy then proceded to take his free kick and then drop Osborne to the ground and smash punch after punch into his skull. The sound was sickening to hear and apparently it took the club almost a week to remove the impression of his head from the ground!

I've seen Osborne do some of the stupidest, most dangerous things I've seen on the footy ground. He is not what I'd call hard at it. The word "thug" comes to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking of the old days, you couldn't go past Dennis Sandral. I know many people who played with him and they all say he was the toughest.

Spot on there Kanga.
You only have to go thru old copies of THe Border Mail and u will get testament from many a player that Dennis was there toughest opponent.
Did all his hard hits fairly not like the snipers that run around these days.
Quietly spoken bloke that let his actions on the field do the talking for him:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

That is absolute crap. Ozzie had Hill on the ground and it wasn't until the other Hills come in that Ozzie copped a few.

That is absolute crap. Ozzie had Hill on the ground and it wasn't until the other Hills come in that Ozzie copped a few.

yeah i remember that day...

but more importantly who really cares. this guy culd beat this up. he's tougher than this guy, a shark would beat a croc in a fight...just pointless

Well while we're on the topic of hard players i'd like to point out some of the softer players to have played at a high level
Brendan Page (om)
Travis Hodgson (om)
Brent Ohlin (om)
Craig Ednie (om)
Andrew Johnson (om)
Adam Cole (gv)
Mark Bush (om)
Saul Scammel (om jets)

lol, Trav Hodgson... soft? Jealous much?

Brendan Page (om)
Travis Hodgson (om)
Brent Ohlin (om)
Craig Ednie (om)
Andrew Johnson (om)
Adam Cole (gv)
Mark Bush (om)
Saul Scammel (om jets)

Don't forget Nathan 'run under the ball so i don't make a contest' Mossop.

any truth in lavington set to unveil another recruit in next couple of weeks possibly named whetherly???

Wouldn't happen to be the weatherley that played for North Adelaide the last few years??

If it is he has played a bit of seniors in the SANFL, was a bit injury prone so it made it hard for him to retain a spot.

Plays FF, really good hands, runs straight, built like a brick s***house, kicking is a little iffy. Would be a quality FF in the Ovens & Murray, make any side straighter down the guts

Any news on how boom recruit David James went for the Raiders on the weekend?
Boom recruit? Who?

On Boom recruits would love to know everyones thinking on travelling players and the O and M squad? I know last year that there were a few quality players that were not picked due to them living out of the region!
Thoughts and feeback??:)

Boom recruit? Who?

On Boom recruits would love to know everyones thinking on travelling players and the O and M squad? I know last year that there were a few quality players that were not picked due to them living out of the region!
Thoughts and feeback??:)

Nicky, I can't believe you haven't heard of David James. He is an enigma. His long flowing locks and chunky thighs make girls weak at the knees. If he doesn't get a kick this year he is sure to do some damage with the ladies up Wodonga way.

Meant to be on good $$$. just wanted to know if he is worth it

Nicky, I can't believe you haven't heard of David James. He is an enigma. His long flowing locks and chunky thighs make girls weak at the knees. If he doesn't get a kick this year he is sure to do some damage with the ladies up Wodonga way.

Meant to be on good $$$. just wanted to know if he is worth it

Was at that game!

If you didn't mention the hair wouldn't have known who he was!

If he is a boom recruit they have problems which is obvious.. Goes ok but doesn't do enough for a well paid player.. Corowa's on ball made him look second rate.. Mind you they would make most look second rate!:thumbsu:

Was at that game!

If you didn't mention the hair wouldn't have known who he was!

If he is a boom recruit they have problems which is obvious.. Goes ok but doesn't do enough for a well paid player.. Corowa's on ball made him look second rate.. Mind you they would make most look second rate!:thumbsu:

For the record he has a head like a pig! Although wouldn't take much to pick up in wodonga!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back