Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU ARE BRINGING THE GAME INTO DISREPUTE UMPIRE when are the umpires going to become more accountable ? ........................................................................:mad::mad::mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Strong words there Paul - I would have thought that now that your tenure at the Raiders was finished you would have just not worried about it.... as for looking at mondays paper - WOW - Prior got reported - cant say thats surprising.

• Is he targeted sure - arent all good players? isnt it just a matter of how you deal with it - perhaps he needs a few lessons from Hoppa McCormick?
  • Can the umps see everything - no way!
  • Can the Clubs pressure the O&M to bring in a 3 umpire system to give forwards more freedom - Absolutely!
  • Will backmen be happy if a 3 umpire system comes in - probably not.
  • Do retaliator's get caught - yep!
  • Does Prior help himself with his attitude to people (not just umpires) - no!
  • Do you really think that the umpires would want to stand outside their rooms after a game by choice? Could they have had to stand outside because a female umpire was getting changed???
I will admit that I'm biased towards umps as a work mate umpires and i get to hear both sides of the story. But don't come on bitching about a player being found guilty and being suspended - Prior chose if he wanted a set penalty - if he didnt agree with it isnt that what an INDEPENDENT tribunal is for?

Ohhh and for the record there apparently have been enough O&M umpires dropped this year to show that they are held accountable.

Or am i just too emotional about it all???

Lavi blokes or opposition players:-

just a quick one, whos quicker butler or Hunt?

20M?
50m?
100?
400?

20m hunt, 50 m butler 1oom butler 400 prob hunt. buckster i dont know for a fact,but having watched lavington every week thats my opinion, rex would have him off the mark, but i thinks buttsy would get him once he gets going, rex is a long distance freak, he would get him in the longer runs.

It pains me to say so but I agree with FP (I normally skip quickly past his drivel).

Golden days has presented us with nothing but aggressive taunts, abuse and bugger all of use to anyone.

Generally speaking, I've found that if you want something from someone (in your case improved umpires from the Board(s)) you don't get it by abusing the crap out of them. In fact you are more likely to get the opposite.

I don't know the nature of your club's 'discussions' with the umpires but I would suggest that a general expression of concern is not much use to anyone.

Here's my suggestion to the O&M. Have a mediated forum between the umpires and no more than 3 coaches/officials from each club. At the start of next season, sit down talk footy, talk rules and interpretations and get to know where the umpires are coming from.

Spectators can have their own point of view. 'They pay their money' and they are entitled to it . But wouldn't it improve the entire football environment if everyone involved was reading from the same play book.

If thats too hard why not have a chat to one after the game sometime? They are people and are generally happy to talk footy. (I said 'talk' not 'relieve yourself of your grievances')

Either way as FP said be positive and constructive otherwise keep it to yourself.

Krusty I have not been aggressive I just can't seem to get my point accross. We/I have not abused the umpires at all this year and Im certainly up for talking to them.
Not everything is positive out of footy and a lot of it is frustrating.
It can't just all be birds singing and flowers in bloom on here.

Strong words there Paul - I would have thought that now that your tenure at the Raiders was finished you would have just not worried about it.... as for looking at mondays paper - WOW - Prior got reported - cant say thats surprising.

• Is he targeted sure - arent all good players? isnt it just a matter of how you deal with it - perhaps he needs a few lessons from Hoppa McCormick?
  • Can the umps see everything - no way!
  • Can the Clubs pressure the O&M to bring in a 3 umpire system to give forwards more freedom - Absolutely!
  • Will backmen be happy if a 3 umpire system comes in - probably not.
  • Do retaliator's get caught - yep!
  • Does Prior help himself with his attitude to people (not just umpires) - no!
  • Do you really think that the umpires would want to stand outside their rooms after a game by choice? Could they have had to stand outside because a female umpire was getting changed???
I will admit that I'm biased towards umps as a work mate umpires and i get to hear both sides of the story. But don't come on bitching about a player being found guilty and being suspended - Prior chose if he wanted a set penalty - if he didnt agree with it isnt that what an INDEPENDENT tribunal is for?

Ohhh and for the record there apparently have been enough O&M umpires dropped this year to show that they are held accountable.

Or am i just too emotional about it all???

Ozz12, im not Paul so leave him out of it.
In reference to targeting, I only meant this week as it was his first game against his old side (he was injured 1st time around)
I also agree with all the points you make (im not totally negative)
I also know plenty of umpires (1 is a close mate)
I also thank you for your clarification on the fact that they were outside due to the female boundry umpire getting changed.
That doesnt stop the fact that he only made the one report out of several incident during the day.
I would love fair dinkum opinion of a North Albury supporter, please feel free to set the record straight.

Ozz12, im not Paul so leave him out of it.
In reference to targeting, I only meant this week as it was his first game against his old side (he was injured 1st time around)
I also agree with all the points you make (im not totally negative)
I also know plenty of umpires (1 is a close mate)
I also thank you for your clarification on the fact that they were outside due to the female boundry umpire getting changed.
That doesnt stop the fact that he only made the one report out of several incident during the day.
I would love fair dinkum opinion of a North Albury supporter, please feel free to set the record straight.

This should've read:

'That doesnt stop the fact that he only made the one report out of several incidents in my opinion during the day'

also...

"big grin on your mentally ******ed face"

...this is the definition of aggressive and abusive.

This should've read:

'That doesnt stop the fact that he only made the one report out of several incidents in my opinion during the day'

also...

"big grin on your mentally ******ed face"

...this is the definition of aggressive and abusive.

I take what you have said and apologise

Lavi blokes or opposition players:-

just a quick one, whos quicker butler or Hunt?

20M?
50m?
100?
400?

I reckon buttsy would nail rex over 400m... in fact i'd say buttsy is quicker! but that'd be in a race. when it comes to darting around a footy field, i'd give rex the nod!

While i'm comparing them i mite continue on some irrelevant areas...

Rex is a far better hunter than adam, rex is smart enough to wear shoes in the scrub!

Rex is a far better at saving money, so much so that he doesn't know what his own 'PIN' number is, quite simply he's never used it to withdraw cash. Adam is a tight, but rex is water tight!

Adam has a far better laugh than rex, and it is such a good laugh, his brother tom has gone as far as to adopt the exact same cackle!

Rex is tougher than buttsy, cos rex has got a tattoo and adam doesn't!

Adam is a better driver than rex. Adam's been to Lake many times and never crashed. Rex has hit so many guide posts on the journey, its easier to count the one's he hasn't hit!

Adam is a better drinker than rex... even though he doesn't drink! Cos i've seen adam have 5 stubbies and still be able to talk, whereas rex has never managed to get through 5 stubbies in one sitting. On the odd occasion when Rex has ever got close (say 3 or 4) he calls himself "Bad Rex" which just shows you how hammered he is!

Rex is far better at yabbying than Adam. I've never seen rex yabby, but i've seen adam in action and there's no way rex is worse than him.

Thats about it i reckon! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming someone can tell me if the panthers vs roos game is being broadcast on the radio... if so which one of the stations are doing it? I mite try to listen in over the net for a bit to see how its going.

Wodonga get up in a very hard game over at North Albury.
They beat Yarrawonga by 10 points in the end and set up a final against Corowa Rutherglen next week.

Lavington and Wangaratta play off for a grand final spot next week to.

Wodonga get up in a very hard game over at North Albury.
They beat Yarrawonga by 10 points in the end and set up a final against Corowa Rutherglen next week.

Lavington and Wangaratta play off for a grand final spot next week to.

Thanks for the good updates on the scores and games guys. Anyone got any other news out of any of the weekends games?

Could be a good tight finals series!

Final 5 is sorted now... i want some predictions, how will it all pan out?
I'll throw in my ideas for what its worth, but clearly have only a vague idea from where i am!

Wang seem like the team to beat again, but have stumbled a bit in the final few rounds. Their seconds not makin it could prove an interesting point when they'll be trying to get some blokes returning from injury match fit.

If my punting form is anything to go by... back against me!!!

WEEK 1
Yarra vs Dogs... Dogs to win
Roos vs Lavi... Panthers to win
WEEK 2
Dogs vs Roos ... Roos to Win
Wang vs Lavi ... Wang to win
WEEK 3
Roos vs Lavi ... Panthers to win
WEEK 4
Wang vs Lavi (LPO)....

HEADLINE OF THE FINALS SERIES...
O&M Investigates Ugly Quarter Time Brawl

I reckon i've stuck my neck out enough already... If this all happens i'll have another stab in a few weeks.

Good luck to all teams... 1st, 2nds, turds, and netballers in the Finals.
Go those Panthers!

Week 1, Sorted!

At least we get the double chance.

I can't believe the Roos lost......had their chances - all credit to the Panthers.

Lets hope the injuries are not as bad as first thought.

FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back