Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

See Aker talking up the chances of recruiting Damien Cupido and Jason Gram... good luck to the Hoppers, hope they can snare these 2 guys.

It would make for a hoppers forward line containing, Leslie, aker, cupido at different times, maybe throw in kade brown or even little fulford they'd take some containing. Also with Gram potting them from outside 50m whilst playing in the midfield.
It'll be interesting to see what all the lists look like by the time the season begins, get the feeling there's a number of signings still to come.

Gee poor old Wodonga. Losing more players and none coming in. It may be a long season at the kennel !! They will rely on Hollands alot. I think they have lost around 10 or so. That's alot and some very handy players in that .

Gee poor old Wodonga. Losing more players and none coming in. It may be a long season at the kennel !! They will rely on Hollands alot. I think they have lost around 10 or so. That's alot and some very handy players in that .

Both Wodonga Bulldogs and Raiders are going to feel the pinch this season with massive lost of players?

If Patty Rose is off to another O&M club is true that is a kick in the guts to Raiders???????????

Rose is going to Avondale Heights. Some blokes are just mercenaries, i could never understand how you get enjoyment out of changing clubs every year or so

He probably doesn't get much enjoyment out of changing clubs but I bet his wallet does !!! For what he was getting at Raiders was over the top. Yes a good player but maybe they should have put him on a two year deal and see if another club would buy the second year out.

Both Wodonga Bulldogs and Raiders are going to feel the pinch this season with massive lost of players?

If Patty Rose is off to another O&M club is true that is a kick in the guts to Raiders???????????
Yarrawonga !!! Gee that would cause a few headaches !! No other club would have the cash for him.

Rose is going to Avondale Heights. Some blokes are just mercenaries, i could never understand how you get enjoyment out of changing clubs every year or so

Yeah I was under the impression he was heading there as well, pretty sure it was published in the border as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarrawonga !!! Gee that would cause a few headaches !! No other club would have the cash for him.
See The Wodonga Raiders have advertised for key position players , like the total spine,and would also consider maybe some midfielders,on the big footy forum.. and I mean advertised,,, the add is placed on the VFL , SANFL, NEAFL, ACT, TASMANIA, GVFL, MURRAY, QLDS DIVISION 2 AND 3 COMPS,CAIRNS, MACKAY ETC ETC.
Some posters have commented, how desperate is the club to recruit players,especially at this time of the off season when a majority of the recruiting has been done.Yes, that comment is correct to some degree, but, there is still a good chance the Raiders just might snag some good signings from this unusual type of advertising for recruits.I give them credit for being pro active here... if you dont have a go, you will never know.

so gram has tweeted he has signed with North. massive get.
Reckon North Albury just might be the big improvers this season.From all reports the players are loving Aker , and if they recruit Gram, Cupido (and there are 3 or 4 more good players close to signing) ,and Aker himself even at 35 years of age is super fit( and carries no major injuries from his AFL days) will be invaluable on the field.The Hoppers should see much larger crowds at their home games, thus this will generate much needed revenue for the club. Its certainly a big roll of the dice for the Hopper heirachy to do this, but it just might be aright decision for the good of the club... good luck to the Hoppers in 2013.

At this early stage I would say

Yarrawonga , albury, rovers, wangaratta,
Lavington, north albury, corowa, myrtleford, Wodonga and raiders

Just for the hell of it,I predict the following;2013
Yarrawonga
Wang Rovers
Albury
North Albury
Wang Magpies
Lavington
Raiders
Corowa/Rutherglen
Wodonga
Myrtleford.

Thats as of today... obviously will make amendments when we know the player gains and losses come closer to seson start.

Interesting stories come out of Yarra. The ruckman Symes has quit his job in town and is off to Melbourne. Talking to some metro clubs and weighing up VFL (Williamstown) or the big $ at a suburban club. Symes still to be paid for 2012, and although he wasn't on much as a local boy, he and his family (who do a lot of work for the club) none too happy! Also hear Yarra still 70k in the red?!?!?! Given how well they did out of the Fevolution the mind boggles how much they must have owed.

Good to see former players Rory muggavin and Lewis gardiner return to Lavy, along with the signing of Zach hopper, the panthers appear to be making inroads on their long list of departures..

Reckon North Albury just might be the big improvers this season.From all reports the players are loving Aker , and if they recruit Gram, Cupido (and there are 3 or 4 more good players close to signing) ,and Aker himself even at 35 years of age is super fit( and carries no major injuries from his AFL days) will be invaluable on the field.The Hoppers should see much larger crowds at their home games, thus this will generate much needed revenue for the club. Its certainly a big roll of the dice for the Hopper heirachy to do this, but it just might be aright decision for the good of the club... good luck to the Hoppers in 2013.

Here the hoppers are pretty close to signing Adam Prior, if they get him over the line they should be push-ng for a finals berth later in the year

Where is north getting all there money from? I thought they were battling financially?
Things seem to be up and about at Bunton Park, have they lost many?

Cupido would be a massive coup for North Albury if they can sign him.
Yeah, the Hoppers resurgence is growing. Have gained Aker, Gram, Sibraa( who should be a consistent senior player) , the 2 Crowes from Finley (TAC cup reps and played senior footy with Finley, both have big wraps) maybe Prior and Cupido and who knows what other players they are neogiating with..... if all of this above occurs and they score another 2 or 3 good players, look out,.. like him or hate him, Akermanis ,( put aside his larrikism antics of the past).. the guy is not silly,,, has played under coaches such as Walls,Matthews and Eade... and just recently the Hoppers club president quoted Aker as being a totally different person at ground level as to what you see on the media so to speak...Theres been 50 plus at training pre xmas, where over the past few years they were lucky to get 25 to pre xmas training. Getting Gram will assist Aker so much also ( not just on the playing field but as to training drills, game plans etc.) Gram said he has been approached by some 30 clubs, which I dont doubt, but upon visiting the Hoppers last week he said he felt a special vibe about the club even though they finished wooden spooners in 2012, thus he signed. Now some of you will say he signed because the Hoppers offered the biggest pay packet.... I dont know, you may be wrong, you may be right, who cares,,, as long as he commits and performs for the club and adds to the standard of the comp, bringing supporters to watch the games which helps the club financially.

Former corowa Rutherglen player, Wes Lord, is returning from Cairns after playing and coaching up there for the past few years. Rumor has it he might play for Corowa again... Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back