Overall Happy??

Remove this Banner Ad

i can see strauss runnining off half back in the quarter back mold ala hodge style, but i'm 99% sure we would have taken the shoe as i've heard there were very strong links from melbourne

Can someone convince me and make me feel happy with out picks this year?

I am stoked with picks 1 and 17.

But angry we didnt take Trengove or Lisle at 19.

Also not so happy with Jetta at 51 when Michael Walter was availible.

Tell me guys why i should be happy with strauss and jetta?

otherwise im feeling good about the future

What stood out last year for me was the unacceptable ammount of disposal clangers

Barry Prendegast has indicated that KICKING was ONE of the key factors in this years draft selections

KICKING is a basic skill yet it amazing how many players are poor kicks at this level

We have quite a few on our list already

Think its time that trend ended .......dont you ?

Surprise was my first reaction (after Watts obviously) when I saw who we chose but I think we've done well to get kids who address our key deficiencies - pace and skills.

So overall I am pretty happy with our picks despite there being a few smokies with our later selections.

The icing on the cake would be if we could get a ruck (Browne?) or KPF (Sibasado or whatever the spelling is) in the PSD.

What stood out last year for me was the unacceptable ammount of disposal clangers

Barry Prendegast has indicated that KICKING was ONE of the key factors in this years draft selections

KICKING is a basic skill yet it amazing how many players are poor kicks at this level

We have quite a few on our list already

Think its time that trend ended .......dont you ?
yeah agree, i think we''ll go a few talls next year, considering its the last draft and we will have picks 1 and 2. Watts next years draft like? anyone know?

I'm happy - yet apprehensive. Having seriously blown Craig Cameron in the last few years, I for one, am not going to celebrate picks that are yet to see park time.

However, its a very faint silver lining to such a shit 2008 season to get Watts.
You blew Craig Cameron????;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i was a natanui fan, but that was before i even knew who watts was. i jumped off nui as soon as i found out about our bloke but if watts didn't nominate i'm sure you'd all be sayin how great nui is

To be honest I can't quite remember but I do remember a lot of heated debate about who we should take with people vying for Naitanui on the basis of his 'marketing power':eek:

so if watts hadn't of nominated who would u want at pick 1??????

Mate, that's no given. I for one reckon we'll improve a fair bit and finish about 13th.

Have some faith!!
i could say something but i won't, little bit to early for that talk. there is a lot of precious people on here, might upset a few. lets just say that like garry lyon i wont be jumping off any bridge if we finish last. melbourne can't afford to stuff up their plan now. 13th to high. just remember hawthorns shocking 4 years in a row;) have to make the most of this opportunity.

yeah agree, i think we''ll go a few talls next year, considering its the last draft and we will have picks 1 and 2. Watts next years draft like? anyone know?

This year was the year to go tall.
I'm quite a conspiracist but...
Watts/ Blease will play very little next year due to schooling/ lack of size.
Bennell has even less chance because he is even smaller.
Strauss will most likely be competing for Wheatley/ Bell's spot, who for some reason seem to play week in week out.
I could see Jetta/ Rohan Bail playing, but I don't really see them making too much of an impact...
This all leads me to believe that this was merely a launch pad for 2010, where we will see the majority of these players break into the team.

I don't see much point in winning 6-7 games and getting pick 4-5 next year, it doesn't get too much experience in to the younger guys and doesn't do us any favours in terms of the draft.
It would be much more beneficial to win 4, finish 15th and get picks 1,3 and 20, the thought of Butcher(KPF) and Scully/Lucas(outstanding midfielders) coming into the team at the same time as Watts/Blease etc is pretty exciting imo.

Next years draft looks to be a midfielders draft atm, and the midfield talent is probably better than this years, Scully/Morabito/Lucas/Crichton will all be very very good players.
The talls are a lot more speculative as they don't really stand out as much as bottom agers due to size/development, although clearly Butcher is the pick of the bunch.

I was happy, a bit suprised we didnt get another tall but we can't fix all our problems with one draft. After reading the write ups one each layer its quite clear we wanted to draft players with two things pace and skill and we got that.

Interesting to note Bail seems to be the most likely to play senior footy next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall Happy??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back