P. Burgers should've got the medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Scarlett >>>>>>>>>>>> lightyears >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bock and Rutten

Not even 4 Power players playing well can prevent them 2 defenders getting shown up for what they really are, overrated. They rely on their team mates flooding back.

Tonight proved that.

Peter wasn't on Harvey everytime he kicked goals.....
good post dont get me wrong still very good defenders in their own right but to suggest rutten is as good if not better than scarlett as has been ran many time on BF is insane....rutten doesnt have any run from the backline and no closing speed...whilst bock is very good at getting possestions and setting up play he isnt always accountable and would struggle one out

Wasn't Burgoyne on Harvey when he kicked those important two goals.Key posistion over cheap possesions any day.Well done Fev

Peter Burgoyne was very good but not BOG, probably would have been if the DT had won but they didn't.

5. Harvey
4. Fevola
3. Burgoyne
2. Foley
1. S.Johnson

Think the first three stat the obvious and i do think Harvey was BOG. 3 goals 20 odd touches and was very damaging up forward. Foley was the Vics best midfield, very impressive and was very damaging with his disposal (6 inside 50's). And i think Steve Johnson deserved one vote. I loved his aggression and work ethic. There was a minute or so where he chased everything, second, third, fourth efforts, putting bumps on, played for the jumper. Kick 3 goals, gave a few away and took 8 marks.

Its a celebration of everything Victorian. Get with it.

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

Bomber and Choco gave 9 votes to Fevola and 5 votes to Peter Burgoyne in the coaches votes.
Which means that one of the coaches gave Burgoyne 5 votes and the other coach gave him zero. I wonder which coach gave him 5?

I agree.
The game was a farce anyway and i hope its not happening for another 150 yrs .

The new concept of interstate games was thought of by a WA man in 1977.

36 possessions in an open All-Star match style isnt that amazing.

Fev a worthy winner.

Yep, i agree, Fev kicks 6 goals & won the game for the vics. If Buddy would've had his kicking boots on more than likely he would've won the medal.
Sure Peter played a decent game, but his opponents at various stages all kicked goals on him - Harvey, Johnson (are two that i remember) because he was 20-30 meters away from them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the hell is junior? Was Mark Waugh out there?

Rutten looked average out there because he didn't have his mate Bassett out there to double team whomever he was on.

Not to mention that he gave front position to Fevola 98% of the time.... & we all know that Rutten isn't exactly very quick.

If Rutten is so bad, how shit does that make Tredrea, considering every Showdown, Rutten gives him a hiding !

Why are you Port ferals all judging Rutten and Bock on one game ? A game where they were up against the best forward line Victoria has to offer. Obviously they are both outstanding defenders for ADELAIDe or we would not have won so many games and held so many teams to low scores over the past few seasons.

Ask Retread how good Rutten is !
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

P. Burgers should've got the medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back