Recommitted Paddy Dow [OOC 2023] explored his options, but stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy to leave Jeka in Hawthorn's reserves side. If he can't get a game in a bottom 6 side I'm not sure what he'll be doing at Carlton with Harry and Charlie in the forward line.
Jeka’s intensity as a forward is the biggest issue. Has one effort.
Has switched back in the last few weeks and looks a different player, but now he’s behind even more players as the backend is well stocked.

Given Dow still can’t get a game would think a 4th probably gets it done if he wants to leave. Seems to have others ahead of him as well. Unless the blues want howe can’t see us trading a player.

Would rather keep him on the list if he’s value sits at a 3rd.

Just let him ride out the contract and trade him the following year when his value is still presumably a 3rd or worse case he goes for 4th.

At that stage of the draft it’s all speculative selections and there’s a smaller talent gap between the 3rd and 4th rounds in comparison to the 2nd and 3rd. I don’t think the club rates him, but he’s not a sunk cost until he reaches the end of his current contract.

The middle ground is the Blues receiving a 2nd and then chipping in an additional 3rd or future 3rd to facilitate the trade.

This makes sense from an asset perspective but we usually find AFL clubs are willing to let go of fringe players for peanuts for the betterment of their careers.

If an opposition club makes a compelling offer to Dow I can’t see Carlton bothering to haggle over draft compensation.

Pretty happy to leave Jeka in Hawthorn's reserves side. If he can't get a game in a bottom 6 side I'm not sure what he'll be doing at Carlton with Harry and Charlie in the forward line.

Jeka’s intensity as a forward is the biggest issue. Has one effort.
Has switched back in the last few weeks and looks a different player, but now he’s behind even more players as the backend is well stocked.
Was just tongue in cheek - I really, really rate the kid but obviously wouldn’t be a trade either club would bite at

Thanks for proving you have no clue and including his sub game in your averages.

21 touches (76% efficiency), 5 tackles, 10 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 22 pressure acts.

He'll play again this week and I'm confident he'll do just as well if not better.
How'd Dow go against GWS as Hewett's replacement?

I rarely pay too much attention to opposition players but Dow is one of the poorest players I’ve seen trotted out in an afl team for a while.

Very poor skills
Couldn’t provide any kind of contest
Had team mates constantly telling him to pick up an opponent
Terrible positioning

He looked completely lost.

I rarely pay too much attention to opposition players but Dow is one of the poorest players I’ve seen trotted out in an afl team for a while.

Very poor skills
Couldn’t provide any kind of contest
Had team mates constantly telling him to pick up an opponent
Terrible positioning

He looked completely lost.
Noticed he is very slow spreading around the ground. Provided little defensive running aswell. I think he’s confused too

Definition of a "nothing" footballer, if you're Carlton you'd take a third and run with it.

You won’t get anything for him. It’ll be a delist.

Really wish we hadn’t played him the back end of the season. His value is plummeting with every game he plays.

Our mission is now to get one 20-touch game out of him before the end of the season to marginally increase our bargaining position.

What a shame.
Has the ability to break a game open but never did it consistently at the top level. It’s like watching a different player when he’s in the VFL. Doesn’t seem to carry any confidence in the seniors.

Needs a change of club and looks like he will get one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shame.
Has the ability to break a game open but never did it consistently at the top level. It’s like watching a different player when he’s in the VFL. Doesn’t seem to carry any confidence in the seniors.

Needs a change of club and looks like he will get one.
He’s a great VFL player and will dominate games by default but he just isn’t a good AFL player.

Carlton are now missing Kennedy and Hewett and he had the opportunity to have a real strong end to the year in the seniors and he served up 13 uninspiring touches and showed some hesitation to attack a contest.

If he was an outside mid I’d probably care less, but he is an inside midfielder only, has no tank, isn’t big and just doesn’t have the capacity to outwork his opponent. We are basically conceding one player when he plays.

He's the closest thing you'll see to Jimmy Toumpas that isn't Jimmy Toumpas

Tough viewing yesterday in regards to Dow.

That kick on the far wing that was a 20m chip under zero pressure that went over his teammates head and out of bounds summed up his career.

Could be end up somewhere as a DFA or would no side bother to take him on at this point?

Tough viewing yesterday in regards to Dow.

That kick on the far wing that was a 20m chip under zero pressure that went over his teammates head and out of bounds summed up his career.

Could be end up somewhere as a DFA or would no side bother to take him on at this point?

Not sure if we can delist him if he is contracted for another season tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Paddy Dow [OOC 2023] explored his options, but stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back