Recommitted Paddy Dow [OOC 2023] explored his options, but stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon given his original draft position, age and form in the VFL, he will have quite a few suiters at a low cost, late 2nd, early 3rd type deal.

Richmond is apparantly "linked". I wonder if that is just because his brother is on our list. If so, that may be an attraction for him depending on their relationship.

I wouldn't be against a punt on him, offer our third rounder.

No he can't. He is contracted.
Well in that case maybe a pick around 40-50, but I'd imagine a few teams will offer a pick around that range so it's up to him to decide where he wants to play. Certainly would not think he would go to a team strong in midfield currently like Geelong

Well in that case maybe a pick around 40-50, but I'd imagine a few teams will offer a pick around that range so it's up to him to decide where he wants to play. Certainly would not think he would go to a team strong in midfield currently like Geelong

It's up to Carlton to decide whether to release him from his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be used to broker another deal, needs to go to a club where he'd get a full go an an on baller. Weirdly maybe North suit.

We might as well keep him and see if he can fight his way into a regular spot next season, than get a late pick in the 50s we probably wouldn't use anyway

He is still contracted so we don't have to move him on

Might be used to broker another deal, needs to go to a club where he'd get a full go an an on baller. Weirdly maybe North suit.
Not really interested dwell have enough speculative players I’d sooner just draft another one. The only trades north should go for are clear upgrades Dow isn’t that he’d be speculative , who’s he getting a game over

Simpkin
LDU
Thomas
JHF
Cunnington
Phillips
Powell
Taylor
Scott
Perez

Not to mention Stepho (really hoping Clarko can unlock the talent in there). Plus our no. 1 Pick

Whilst that list at present has room for improvement most of them have either done more than dow or still have improvement to come . Bringing in Dow on the off chance he might get even to that level seems dumb.

The Roos need mature players not another project, and regardless of the years in the system and original draft spot Dow would not be that.

Last edited:
We might as well keep him and see if he can fight his way into a regular spot next season, than get a late pick in the 50s we probably wouldn't use anyway

He is still contracted so we don't have to move him on

You might be able to use that pick for a genuine need such as a wing

Surprised he doesn't want more opportunity elsewhere. Would have been happy to release him for a pick in the 40-50 range that might help grab a player in an area of need.

Not really interested dwell have enough speculative players I’d sooner just draft another one. The only trades north should go for are clear upgrades Dow isn’t that he’d be speculative , who’s he getting a game over

Simpkin
LDU
Thomas
JHF
Cunnington
Phillips
Powell
Taylor
Scott
Perez

Not to mention Stepho (really hoping Clarko can unlock the talent in there). Plus our no. 1 Pick

Whilst that list at present has room for improvement most of them have either done more than dow or still have improvement to come . Bringing in Dow on the off chance he might get even to that level seems dumb.

The Roos need mature players not another project, and regardless of the years in the system and original draft spot Dow would not be that.
He's getting a game ahead of Phillips Powell, Taylor, Perez, Scott as a midfielder.

He's getting a game ahead of Phillips Powell, Taylor, Perez, Scott as a midfielder.
Nah. Sure perez and Scott are likely more back flankers and taylor is more of a utility, he wouldn’t play over a fit Phillips or Powell

What’s he worth? Based on actual output he’s worth a pick in the 45-55 range, but given he’s contracted and wants to stay the blues would only release him for a pick in the 30-35 range and or an upgrade of our first or second round picks. He’s such an unknown, he could do a Will Brodie at Freo or just as easily an SPS at West Coast.

If he has another season like this one he will be delisted. Clearly Voss doesn't rate him. Not sure who his manager is but if he gives a shit about his client he should get him out now to a club that he has better chance of getting a good run of games. I don't think he's any good at all but for him to stand firm on seeing out his contract is really stupid.

Very bizarre case with Dow. Still shows traits to say he would be a quality piece somewhere but from what I've seen in the VFL he still has absolutely no outside game. All of his touches are won in close or from getting hit on the run by a good tap. Imo if he does go somewhere he needs to be playing with a dominant tap ruck, Suns come to mind actually. Witts palming it down to him would likely help him get up past that 20-25 disposal mark and start impacting more with his breakaway pace.

When he was played with Dekoning he just couldn't get anywhere near enough of the pill as TDK is just as inconsistent.

Extremely strong player through the hips which is great... but if he's going to stick to being a one dimensional ball winner I think he needs to drastically build up his upper body too. I'm sure he'll be trying his best to develop his outside run and joining in transition ball movement over the off season but you'd think next year will be his last chance to show his wares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Paddy Dow [OOC 2023] explored his options, but stayed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back