Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the stutter peanut - won't help in consultations.

You're from Adelaide, you barrack for Collingwood and I am guessing you are about 5 foot tall and still a virgin.

I understand the inferiority complex.
No need to go on.

It's OK.

Hahahaha... that was sensational! That guy sent me a PM as well telling me how smart he was! Why would I care?

Actually it means everything in the real world in that it determines the occupations that i can and cant do.
Had I only scored 70% I would be an accountant like you, fatty.

ps...Is this about me or is Anzac day still bringing the tears chubbs?

:D

ps - Embezzling money is not owning it.

How did you know I was chubby???

Another great performance in a very ordinary performance as a team. Can't wait until he's at his peak :thumbsu:

Yep watching his tap work was outstanding at times and kicked a nice goal. Shoulda kicked 2 but passed it off to Dyson instead, despite being the better kick at the moment. He will be a freak with some muscle on him.

I thought this thread was about Paddy Ryder but I got lost in all the academic brilliance debate.
Anyway,Ryder is definitely going to be a star for us in the future.
I believe he was drafted as a ruckman but Sheeds obviously thinks he is better suited down back so it will probably take him another season or two to fully grasp the nuances and intricacies of playing in defence.
He does have a freakin' massive leap on him though!!

Ryder is a good young player and will make it.

But Sheedy was way off the mark and he won't be the best player drafted in the 2005 draft. KPP take longer to develop and bulk up, but Murphy didn't shy away from the physical side of the game in his first year despite being small.

Ryder didn't put any body on the bigger Brown in contested situations and dropped off him or got lost in defence at one point to allow Brown to take an uncontested mark. He looks like a Dustin Fletcher clone since Fletcher has struggled in one on one contests against the genuine power forwards of the competition.

Murphy has him covered despite being an "A grade midfielder". :confused:

Hawks might regret not taking him with pick 6 but Carlton picked two ten year players at one and four.

How many potential A grade midfielders are there in the competition?

How many potential KPP's, that have brilliant foot skills, midfielder pace and agility, great footy brain, a giant leap and can play in any third of the ground are there?

Three?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder is a good young player and will make it.

But Sheedy was way off the mark and he won't be the best player drafted in the 2005 draft. KPP take longer to develop and bulk up, but Murphy didn't shy away from the physical side of the game in his first year despite being small.

Ryder didn't put any body on the bigger Brown in contested situations and dropped off him or got lost in defence at one point to allow Brown to take an uncontested mark. He looks like a Dustin Fletcher clone since Fletcher has struggled in one on one contests against the genuine power forwards of the competition.

Murphy has him covered despite being an "A grade midfielder". :confused:

Hawks might regret not taking him with pick 6 but Carlton picked two ten year players at one and four.

J Kennedy > Ryder.

hahahahha

He looked pretty good out there, nice clean hands, good kick. I think they need to focus with him in key positions and look to develop someone else as a ruckman.

He looked pretty good out there, nice clean hands, good kick. I think they need to focus with him in key positions and look to develop someone else as a ruckman.

If we focus him on one position then we lose his greatest asset, his versatility.

Let him play everywhere, let him play where we need him.

We needed him in the ruck in the last quarter and we mounted a challenge as a result.

paddy ryder over josh kennedy every day of the week..... i wouldnt say murphy is an A grade midfielder yet he only stands out due to carlton being so dismal

Is going to be an absolute superstar of the compition. Can play pretty much any position on the ground as he's quick, athletic and boy can he jump. KP gems like Ryder are worth more than an A grade onballer (bar Kerr and Judd) like Murphy.
That's why we beat Collingwood twice with Murphy, yet they smashed you all over the park and killed you.

A defender is only as good as his midfield.

You've found that out this year.

Maybe Knights should teach Ryder to not duck his head in contests and attack the ball as hard as Murphy.

Murphy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryder.
i wouldnt say murphy is an A grade midfielder yet he only stands out due to carlton being so dismal
If that's true, why haven't Watson, Stanton and Monfries stood out at Essendon?

That's why we beat Collingwood twice with Murphy, yet they smashed you all over the park and killed you.

Maybe Knights should teach Ryder to not duck his head in contests and attack the ball as hard as Murphy.

its taken you over a year to come up with a reply.

where have you been for the last twelve months...

oh thats right tanking it, now i remember

Wow, a year? Is this what we can expect as the Blues finally start making an impact in the competition, thread digs from when they were shit? :confused:

In two years time when Paddy has chucked on 8-10 kg and improved his endurance he will eclipse Murphy and by some margin IMO - It was said before by another poster, how many players can play in all thirds of the ground who are 6'6'', fast as a midfielder with great skills to boot...Franklin, Cornes and Goodes I can think off from the top of my head.

Murphy is a gem though - love his hardness at the footy.

Stanton had a poor start to the year, but he's in fine form now, he's a very good player.
Monfries still has time on his hands and has shown a lot in the past few weeks
We all know how good Watson is in the engine room.

Wow, a year? Is this what we can expect as the Blues finally start making an impact in the competition, thread digs from when they were shit? :confused:

I'd say so... there's plenty of threads over the last couple of years that have insulted, derided and prematurely written off some of the Blues young players. As they continue to develop and show how foolish some posters comments have been, I'm sure there will be plenty of bumps.

In two years time when Paddy has chucked on 8-10 kg and improved his endurance he will eclipse Murphy and by some margin IMO - It was said before by another poster, how many players can play in all thirds of the ground who are 6'6'', fast as a midfielder with great skills to boot...Franklin, Cornes and Goodes I can think off from the top of my head.

oh c'mon. FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back