Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why we beat Collingwood twice with Murphy, yet they smashed you all over the park and killed you.

A defender is only as good as his midfield.

You've found that out this year.

Maybe Knights should teach Ryder to not duck his head in contests and attack the ball as hard as Murphy.

Murphy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryder.

If that's true, why haven't Watson, Stanton and Monfries stood out at Essendon?

Geee, yeh you got him good:rolleyes:

In two years time when Paddy has chucked on 8-10 kg and improved his endurance he will eclipse Murphy and by some margin IMO - It was said before by another poster, how many players can play in all thirds of the ground who are 6'6'', fast as a midfielder with great skills to boot...Franklin, Cornes and Goodes I can think off from the top of my head.

You might find after adding 10kg he could possibly lose a yard to two.

Didn't seem to hinder Buddy

He has clearly put on AT LEAST 5-6kg's since last year

Sure. It may not affect him like that, which is why I used the word possibly.

With equally validity I could nominate the Brad Ottens example; a gun youngster at the Tigers with the promise of height, leap, agility and pace who lost so much of this after he bulked up.

Just pointing out it may be a little presumptuous to automatically assume that he will retain his midfielder like attributes after adding 10kg, as it would also be to assume that he will lose those attributes if he adds 10kg.

paddy ryder over josh kennedy every day of the week..... i wouldnt say murphy is an A grade midfielder yet he only stands out due to carlton being so dismal[/quot
If you can stand out in an ordinary side then thats the side of a good midfielder because you have to go out and get your own ball more often.Its a lot easier to play well in a good side as good players around you can always make you look better than what you are

In two years time when Paddy has chucked on 8-10 kg and improved his endurance he will eclipse Murphy and by some margin IMO - It was said before by another poster, how many players can play in all thirds of the ground who are 6'6'', fast as a midfielder with great skills to boot...Franklin, Cornes and Goodes I can think off from the top of my head.

And how many players can do all those things at the age of 33? Enter one MATHEW RICHARDSON!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back