Remove this Banner Ad

I am way off the pace, so sorry if I am repeating something already posted

Noisy minority

Well, they are hearing us

So, let's turn up the volume

And spread the word so we are not just a minority, maintain the rage

Richo can piss off. He is a weak dog just like ken and koch

Who the **** is Matthew Richardson

AFL isn't a game of being pretty good. Winning some games, being competitive, being tricky to play against, being respected, playing finals, etc. That's not it.

It's actually a game about being the best. It's about winning every game, especially the important ones, it's about being near unbeatable especially at home, it's about your opponents fearing playing you, it's about winning flags.

Forget the old SANFL mentality, it doesn't even have anything to do with that. It's about doing something, anything as a club to continue to change, grow and improve. Not rest on our ****in laurels every year and just expect different shit to happen when we keep doing the same thing.

I could take 2010-2012, it was the fall that was always likely after being up through 2001 to 2007. The bounce back in 2013 and 2014 was fantastic and exciting. Premierships didn't define the success, the sheer effort, the change, the hope, the spark did. That's all worn out. We're stale, boring, slow, robot like, stuck mid table losing talent as quick as we're bringing it in. We've stayed the course for the longest time in AFL history with an unsuccessful coach, and still change seems so far away. We have a poor list, a shallow list, and we still have management spruiking this myth that we will bounce back. We aren't even close to a flag contender, and anyone that thinks we are has rocks in their head.

Somewhere along the line we've completely lost our way. We've accepted mediocrity, and the club seems to propagate my first paragraph as what our fans should be happy with and what success now means. That's just unacceptable. We should be striving to be the best, not striving to manage expectations and breed a culture of being the nice guy team with the happy clapper supporter base.

Last edited:
Strange article. I have never felt divided about my Port Adelaide devotion. He needs to get over the past and win premierships
The article was like a TS Eliot poem, full of strength to begin with but ended up as a dither of desperation about fluffy goals and obtuse achievements.

It's got to be about premierships and not taking no for an answer.
It has been 18 years ffs, our premiership drought can go and buy itself a beer now.

Last edited:
Having a coach does help!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Success breeds stability - and wallpapers over lots of cracks.

When you expect different results with the same tired inertia of a flawed and unsustainable on field game plan, and flawed decision making off field, then that is just rank stupidity.

When things aren't working, you change and adapt.
Exhibit 'A' = Geelong.

Probably not the best example, since they have been moderately successful and maintained being contenders over a long period of time now. But after a decade of falling a bit short, they made major adjustments. Voila!!!

We have achieved next to nothing in that time. But it's just "stay with the plan. How's the stabilty, eh".

Atrocious thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WordItOut-word-cloud-1842834.png
No "buses"

Fake.

Lockhart Road, Gremio is playing the Brazilian Second Division because we've decided to ignore the cracks we had while we were winning.

Everything came down as a house of cards all of a sudden.

Lockhart Road, Gremio is playing the Brazilian Second Division because we've decided to ignore the cracks we had while we were winning.

Everything came down as a house of cards all of a sudden.
Mate, there is success - total success - and there is partial success.

With total success there are indeed no cracks.

That’s the only sort of success I’m interested in.

Success breeds stability
The problem is the ethos is:

Stability equals success

What you've written is more applicable.

Koch and Co decided being stable would just magically result in success.

Rather than understanding that the 'Stability' they desired and envied at other clubs came because they were successful, because they had the right people in the right places and they were achieving.

We aren't achieving and there's no evidence we have the right people in place.

Another season with a CEO not prepared to make change when we already all know we won't win the premiership in 2023 without it. Same thing last year we already know we won't win the premiership with our current coach so continuing on is pointless but here we are again.

That dot point to support it I thought was a piss take buts it's actually from the article/club lol. It's such a massive indictment it actually supports moving him on not keeping him.

Frankly, the way they talk about the history of the club is cringeworthy. They should be embarrassed that as the current custodians they have turned the club into a mediocre irrelevancy. Benchmarking yourself against a tiny, historically anomalous period in the club's history is so blatantly disingenuous as to be laughable.

Stop talking and start delivering or give someone else a go.

Win loss 1997-2007
97 - 10-1-11
98 - 9-1-12
99 - 12-0-11 (finals 0-1)
2000 - 7-1-14
01 - 16-0-8 (finals 0-2)
02 - 19-0-6 (finals 1-2)
03 - 19-0-6 (finals 1-2)
04 - 20-0-5 (finals 3-0)
05 - 12-1-11 (finals 1-1)
06 - 8-0-14
07 - 17-0-8 (finals 2-1)

TOTAL 149-4-106 (57%)
FINALS 8-9 (47%)
GRAND FINALS - 2
FLAGS - 1

Win loss 2013-2022
2013 - 13-0-10 (finals 1-1)
14 - 16-0-9 (finals 2-1)
15 - 12-0-10
16 - 10-0-12
17- 14-0-9 (finals 0-1)
18 - 12-0-10
19 - 11-0-11
20 - 15-0-4 (finals 1-1)
21 - 18-0-6 (finals 1-1)
22 - 10-0-12

TOTAL 131-0-93 (58%)
FINALS 5-5 (50%)
GRAND FINALS 0
FLAGS 0

We have gone nowhere in 25 years Richo.

Jack and Mark did better with a brand new side and a divided club than Ken has with every resource under the sun.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back