Pagan places the trust in and the onus on the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow... couldn't believe it when I read it, but looks to be true.

Pagan has placed the match review and this weeks breakdown on the game squarely with the players. They're reviewing the video tape and writing up the dossiers for themselves.

Kudos to Dennis for this move, I think this is a sensational way of showing the players how much effort he puts in for them and gives them the opportunity to learn a lot more about the thinking side of footy... which seems to be not a great part of their preparation and efforts on game day unless it all falls their way.

Opinions?

Originally posted by Jimmae
Wow... couldn't believe it when I read it, but looks to be true.

Pagan has placed the match review and this weeks breakdown on the game squarely with the players. They're reviewing the video tape and writing up the dossiers for themselves.

Kudos to Dennis for this move, I think this is a sensational way of showing the players how much effort he puts in for them and gives them the opportunity to learn a lot more about the thinking side of footy... which seems to be not a great part of their preparation and efforts on game day unless it all falls their way.

Opinions?

Yeah great move......... will prove that coaching is as easy as all F3#k!!!

What a lazy f##ker, he gets paid 800,000 a year and now doesn't even want to do the job he is being paid for.

Perhaps it's time all "teachers" left the learning process to the pupils?? Imagine the intellectuals that the school system would churn out. Much like a majority of the F##kwhits on BF.

Re: Re: Pagan places the trust in and the onus on the players

Originally posted by godsmack
Perhaps it's time all "teachers" left the learning process to the pupils?? Imagine the intellectuals that the school system would churn out. Much like a majority of the F##kwhits on BF. [/B]

Like yourself?:rolleyes:

If you know anything about the education system, the best way is to make a student help themselves, spoon feeding students doesn't help, or maybe you're still at school and that's what the teachers do. You hit uni and if you expect to be spoon fed, good luck, you'll be about as much use as Hulme is at the moment.

It's not a matter of laziness you idiot, it's a matter of ownership of performances. The players obviously didn't own their performances and thought the coach would cop the **** the players deserve. Well, sorry, but if they want to escape blame then THEY CAN DO THE HARD YARDS MOST OF THEM AVOIDED LAST WEEK. If they get belted again, then Pagan has every right to drop half of them because obviously they didn't learn very much and didn't want to own their performances.

Re: Re: Re: Pagan places the trust in and the onus on the players

Originally posted by BluesPrez
Like yourself?:rolleyes:

If you know anything about the education system, the best way is to make a student help themselves, spoon feeding students doesn't help, or maybe you're still at school and that's what the teachers do. You hit uni and if you expect to be spoon fed, good luck, you'll be about as much use as Hulme is at the moment.

It's not a matter of laziness you idiot, it's a matter of ownership of performances. The players obviously didn't own their performances and thought the coach would cop the **** the players deserve. Well, sorry, but if they want to escape blame then THEY CAN DO THE HARD YARDS MOST OF THEM AVOIDED LAST WEEK. If they get belted again, then Pagan has every right to drop half of them because obviously they didn't learn very much and didn't want to own their performances.

been through uni and been through further education................................. and you are right............... you do learn more when you do it yourself...................... what i see here is that pagan has a free ride......................... i wonder why every other coach doesn't say".... “well it's the players fault that they performed so poorly... i did all i could".................... perhaps because it is up to the coach to inspire and motivate these players to perform at their best week in week out.

if pagan can't do that then maybe we need a change??................ i know your thoughts on that................. parkin was one coach that did exactly that....................... he inspired the likes of campo, kouta and sos to be the best they can.................... pagan on the other hand isn't a caoches a$$.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pagan places the trust in and the onus on the players

Originally posted by godsmack
been through uni and been through further education................................. and you are right............... you do learn more when you do it yourself...................... what i see here is that pagan has a free ride......................... i wonder why every other coach doesn't say".... “well it's the players fault that they performed so poorly... i did all i could".................... perhaps because it is up to the coach to inspire and motivate these players to perform at their best week in week out.

if pagan can't do that then maybe we need a change??................ i know your thoughts on that................. parkin was one coach that did exactly that....................... he inspired the likes of campo, kouta and sos to be the best they can.................... pagan on the other hand isn't a caoches a$$.

Funny that cos he has won 2 premierships/.

Are you Glenn Manton?

Parkan was the guy who recruited all those duds with an open cheque book to the club and never blooded any of the kids.
Parkan was the guy who said on national TV last year he would give up pick 2 (Walker) and bring N Brown to the club " you can build a side around Brown":rolleyes:

Are you for real????

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's
You should check out the Glen Archer article about Pagan before you go off yet again on your mission.

Yeah good article that - big game for carlton this week - will reveal a bit about you - think you might be in a bit of trouble cause think we will be pumped and you will have to be at your best to match us.

unfortunately for you guys i suspect you are gunna get pumped and it is gunna be a long year.

cheers
:)

Originally posted by understudy
Yeah good article that - big game for carlton this week - will reveal a bit about you - think you might be in a bit of trouble cause think we will be pumped and you will have to be at your best to match us.

unfortunately for you guys i suspect you are gunna get pumped and it is gunna be a long year.

cheers

There is a Collingwood suppoirter wanting to talk to us about whats a hard year and who is store for it.:D

cheers
So you guys are pumped and we are going to get pumped? That's a lot of pumping going on. ;)

you sit there calling Pagan a lazy so and so,

what about the 22 players who went out and performed they way they did v melbourne
there was 3 or 4 whr had a dip, but that is it

what pagan is doing is 'coaching' these players, not just moving names around on a magnetic board

think outside of the square you tool.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers
Thanks for coming. See you next time we play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pagan places the trust in and the onus on the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back