Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If an act is legal, which a bump is and the bump is legal, which it was, rough conduct doesn’t apply, also 18.7.2 in the rules of the game, mentions several instances of what constitutes a free kick, none of which are a bump.

Players shall be protected from unreasonable conduct from an opposition player that is likely to cause injury.

It’s easy to see how an umpire can make a mistake but its hard to see after the fact, how people think a legal bump is unreasonable conduct.

What part of the bump was unreasonable? There’s nothing in these two rules that relates to the incident.
I think from that umpires view point it looked like Stewart had infringed without the ball.
#22 Williamson if I’m not mistaken?
Seems to make more ordinary calls than most.

If an act is legal, which a bump is and the bump is legal, which it was, rough conduct doesn’t apply, also 18.7.2 in the rules of the game, mentions several instances of what constitutes a free kick, none of which are a bump.

Players shall be protected from unreasonable conduct from an opposition player that is likely to cause injury.

It’s easy to see how an umpire can make a mistake but its hard to see after the fact, how people think a legal bump is unreasonable conduct.

What part of the bump was unreasonable? There’s nothing in these two rules that relates to the incident.
You left out the most important part
“which includes but is not limited to”

The ump can award a kick anytime he likes if he thinks it could have caused injury. Doesn’t need to be one of the listed circumstances.

He thought it was rough conduct. Free kick.

This spectacle has sold it for me….twilight GF please
GF finishing when it’s dark is just going to be trouble.

There’s a lot to be said for GF bbq and kick of the footy at half time, your home, happily pissed and on the couch by the time the street lights come on. It’s a ripping day.

Night GF with a big Vic club will lead to trouble, for all the work the AFL put into family friendly, they would undo most of it with a night GF. People always do a lot more stupid shit when it’s dark - always have, always will.

GF finishing when it’s dark is just going to be trouble.

There’s a lot to be said for GF bbq and kick of the footy at half time, your home, happily pissed and on the couch by the time the street lights come on. It’s a ripping day.

Night GF with a big Vic club will lead to trouble, for all the work the AFL put into family friendly, they would undo most of it with a night GF. People always do a lot more stupid shit when it’s dark - always have, always will.
I'll be doing stupid shit day and night for a week if we finally win #17 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back