Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they're the most well drilled team in the competition by a long shot but I challenge anyone to find a coach who gets his players to play with more heart for the jumper.

They have had a fantastic list for a fair few years now, yet they have continued to fall short, if they lose next week, people will point to a 5th place finish that cost them.

I think they should have already won a premiership and when a team has a great list but can’t get the job done, questions start to be asked, why?

If they win next week, it will be nice for Fabian and put a bit more respect on his name.

Just watched the free paid against Stewart for bumping Lohmann and gee what a stuff up by that ump.

The ump in the vision can be heard giving three seperate reasons for being a free kick, none of which are correct.

First calls it a hold, then changes to front in contact, then changes to unreasonable contact.

Firstly, bumps are legal, second it’s not a marking contest, there’s no rule that says you can’t tackle or bump front on and what makes a bump that’s not high or late, unreasonable?

Finals or not, that’s terrible and I hope we don’t see BS like that next week.

Just watched the free paid against Stewart for bumping Lohmann and gee what a stuff up by that ump.

The ump in the vision can be heard giving three seperate reasons for being a free kick, none of which are correct.

First calls it a hold, then changes to front in contact, then changes to unreasonable contact.

Firstly, bumps are legal, second it’s not a marking contest, there’s no rule that says you can’t tackle or bump front on and what makes a bump that’s not high or late, unreasonable?

Finals or not, that’s terrible and I hope we don’t see BS like that next week.
It’s was a free kick.

What’s the actual free kick though against Stewart? Not in the back, not high, ball within 5 metres

Perfectly executed bump, which is 100% legal

Lohmann did well to take it and then play a really good game afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ump said it was to forceful…..I ****ing kid you not

Half watched the game whilst entertaining family but caught enough to get some good perspective.

Geelong, a super successful, strong club the last 20 years, who are extremely well coached, continued to blindly throw the ball on the boot and bomb the ball forward to know real targets in particular, in their most important game of the season and still only went down by 10 points.

In the second half, even though the kicking was blind and rushed, the talls of Geelong were terrible at marking the ball, forwards better in the air would have swallowed a few more and taken some pressure off.

Two weeks in a row Brisbane looked buried and had been outplayed, but they are hard at it and keep running, luckily for them, they had one of their better days in front of goal.

Everytime i see Cameron, Bailey, Rayner, Lohman getting on the end of a chain, i dream of how good they would be in navy Blue.
Rayner is a double edged sword. Should have had a ridiculous career choc full of highlights considering the powerful footy physique, and the the explosive speed, but he's very under performing and inconsistent. If he could put it all together for a few weeks in a row he'd be pretty much unstoppable, but he continues to be hot and cold.

We need more consistent players, we have enough with fluctuating form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back