Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland (3 Tests, 2 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thought that Inzi's nephew could be saving Pakistan

Some history. Not counting Australia and England, as they were both new and not playing against established teams.

First Tests for each nation:
South Africa (Test 31, 1889) lost to England by 8 wickets
West Indies (Test 73, 1928) lost to England by an innings and 58 runs, Lord's
New Zealand (Test 186, 1930) lost to England by 8 wickets, Christchurch
India (Test 219, 1932) lost to England by 158 runs, Lord's
Pakistan (Test 355, 1952) lost to India by an innings and 70 runs, Delhi
Sri Lanka (Test 921, 1982) lost to England by 7 wickets, Colombo (P Sara Oval)
Zimbabwe (Test 1127, 1992) drew with India, Harare - yes, there was five days play give or take about one over
Bangladesh (Test 1512, 2000) lost to India by 8 wickets, Dhaka
Ireland (Test 2013, 2018) whatever happens not disgraced v Pakistan, Malahide
Afghanistan (2018) v India, Bengaluru

Its awfully hard to get any sort of result first up.

Jos Buttler gonna be selected to the tests

Andy Balbirnie has had the test match from hell.

He was also terrible in the WCQ apart from his century where he should have been given out plumb LBW earlier in his innings.

Inzi was a big batsman for the big occasion. Very underrated player
1992 World Cup semi final V Nz at Eden Park. Pakistan needed over 100 runs of the last 10 over's.With T 20 a gettable total these days.But it was huge back then .Inzi smashed the Kiwi bowlers all over the park. Help from Wasim and Javid Miandad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The speed with which they rotate through spinners may be even greater than our post-Warne period.

Hmm, post Graeme Swann they've had Panesar, Borthwick, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Mason Crane, Liam Dawson, Zafar Ansari, Jack Leach and now Dom Bess. I'm sure I'm forgetting some as well.

edit. As a comparison, between Warne and Lyon we had: MacGill, Hogg, Casson, White, Krejza, Hauritz, McGain, Doherty.

Hmm, post Graeme Swann they've had Panesar, Borthwick, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Mason Crane, Liam Dawson, Zafar Ansari, Jack Leach and now Dom Bess. I'm sure I'm forgetting some as well.

edit. As a comparison, between Warne and Lyon we had: MacGill, Hogg, Casson, White, Krejza, Hauritz, McGain, Doherty.
Steve Smith too

I love how the commentary are talking about great players batting at 3 and taking it to the opposition and they name 3 players and the 3rd one was after a lot of thinking.

And Root is out.

Cook looking good.

I would have picked him at 3, Root at 4 and Malan at 5. It's what Boon did later in his career and it worked well. They still need some openers, never convinced by Stoneman even before today's failure.

Our lineup is all wrong..
Root is better down the order . Stoneman isnt good enough...
Malan better start putting up numbers or he will be gone too .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland (3 Tests, 2 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back