Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

He's also the best three point shooter we have and they run no plays to get him an open look.

Goorj shoulda realised by HT that Landale couldnt beat Powell inside and should have played Exum/Green instead of Kay to allow the court to be open for Giddey to get inside and for Mcveigh to be open on the outside but nopeeeeee

First half was good, but Canada figured out that our bigs aren't good enough and adjusted accordingly in the 3rd.

Did well to get back into it late in the 3rd but class prevailed in the end. Canada are very good, Barrett killed us.

Daniels was fantastic. Green had a stinker, Landale largely poor offensively. Kay did next to nothing.

We can beat Greece. Giannis is obviously a huge concern but we're not talking about an amazing team here as an opponent.

What are the alternatives? An injured Exum? It looks like Charlotte have already broken Green, Daniels who can't run point.

Exum was arguably our best tonight. Daniels was solid. .Green woeful.

I would have played quite a bit more McVeigh. I thought he gave us a point of difference when he was in the game. But they weren't running anything to help him either.

Start Exum next to giddey. Mills would be more useful running the second unit

I don't mind starting Mills, you just have to adjust if he's off. Otherwise you've got a guy who's below average on D jacking shots and killing offensive momentum.

Daniel’s was terrible can’t even keep the ball. These NBA players with their dumbass showboat passes and selfish attempts doing it all on their own cost us.

Its not their fault. Issue was Landale was well held inside and Kay/Magnay was useless so its left to three guards to beat their direct opponents on the dribble = bad shots/selfish attempts.

Mills is cooked. There's a reason his playing time has dropped significantly the last couple of seasons. At this point, he's a smart veteran presence who can play spot minutes. He's not Boomer Patty for two thirds of the game anymore.

Would much prefer him given a microwave-type role on this team. If he gets hot, fantastic. If he's off then he sits.
Someone has to take his role though. Exum is carrying an injury, Green is unplayable.

You are basically advocating for Delly-ball. I like where your head is at.

From a salary stand point Canada have SGA, Murray, Brooks, Barret, Dort, Nemhard all over $15mil/year contracts.

Australia doesn't have any. In fact I reckon Ingles earnt the most of this group last year.

Love that, McVeigh brings you back into the game in the 3rd so you sub him after 2 missed shots, and the let the so-called NBA stars lose it for you before you bring him back on.
He should also he coached to literally just stand and shoot. Not sure why mcveigh is trying to drive to the basket and turn it over- not his job

Goorj shoulda realised by HT that Landale couldnt beat Powell inside and should have played Exum/Green instead of Kay to allow the court to be open for Giddey to get inside and for Mcveigh to be open on the outside but nopeeeeee
Or even the 7ft guy who can shoot threes could have a go. But no, Kay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duop Reath is the guy who can help spread the floor!

How was the jump ball call on McVeigh at the end, about 3 fouls and never had possession of the ball. Not sure I know the rules if that’s a jump ball.
Yeah on the replay I don’t think Powell ever actually had his hand on the ball. He fouled Jack about three times across the arm

Someone has to take his role though. Exum is carrying an injury, Green is unplayable.

You are basically advocating for Delly-ball. I like where your head is at.

I don't even have Delly in mind.

Giddey -- 28 minutes

Daniels -- 30 minutes

Exum -- 19 minutes (2 minutes more than tonight) pushing to 24.

McVeigh -- 20 minutes (5 minutes more than tonight)

Mills -- 20 minutes (7 minutes less than tonight) with 15 when Exum healthy.

What do people expect Reath would do? Genuinely curious. I don't think Kay should be getting minutes on a night like tonight but the idea that Duop would save us... how?

Mills is probably fine to start against Greece... They have a bunch of nobodies and Giannis. Probably going to have to triple team Giannis otherwise hes gonna eat whoever defends him.

A smart coach will know that Giannis will get his against us. The game will be won by locking down hard on the other 4 players and ensuring they don't get the 40ish points If Giannis goes off and then adds a heap of assists on top it'll be a very difficult game.

What do people expect Reath would do? Genuinely curious. I don't think Kay should be getting minutes on a night like tonight but the idea that Duop would save us... how?

Yeah. Means one of Reath/Landale would have been matched on Barrett who would have ran rings around either.

From a salary stand point Canada have SGA, Murray, Brooks, Barret, Dort, Nemhard all over $15mil/year contracts.

Australia doesn't have any. In fact I reckon Ingles earnt the most of this group last year.
This was the best team we have played in a fair dinkum game for a while and some players got shown up, Mills is passed it, Green has been very disappointing so far, his stat line 0/2 and 1 assist and 4 PFs, not good enough for a player who plays in the NBA, can’t comment on Duop he has basically not played, Kay was out his league in this game

They have more harden NBA players, where was Thybulle for us

I don't even have Delly in mind.

Giddey -- 28 minutes

Daniels -- 30 minutes

Exum -- 19 minutes (2 minutes more than tonight) pushing to 24.

McVeigh -- 20 minutes (5 minutes more than tonight)

Mills -- 20 minutes (7 minutes less than tonight) with 15 when Exum healthy.
Only stirring. I just like typing Delly-ball.

I think Exum's injury cloud has thrown things, plus Mills has come off a very solid game 1. There is no natural order for our second handler.

A smart coach will know that Giannis will get his against us. The game will be won by locking down hard on the other 4 players and ensuring they don't get the 40ish points If Giannis goes off and then adds a heap of assists on top it'll be a very difficult game.

Theres only one ball. Giannis could drop 80 on us if Landale gets fouled out since all our bigs suck. The other 4 players dont even need to shoot and just pretend to shoot 3s :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back