Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle's split was 46.59. That would be his 3rd fastest ever has done 46.44 twice. Good signs for the 100m Free.

Edit he has done 46.44 once but 46.56.

This is the relay splits site I use to check things, just change the criteria

I wish I was wrong but I picked the 4 winners tonight after Day 5 of the USA swim trials, as I did my first 5 day predictions in the Swimming trials thread as US followed the Olympic schedule. I know the swimming magazines tipped Short but Maertens consistency in Europe this year I just couldn't see him losing.

I really wanted us to win the men's 4x100m Free, but I knew we just didn't have the depth to beat the US despite King Kyle.

Kyle has got us 4 relay bronzes in his previous 2 Olympics because he usually is 5th or 6th when he gets in the water. Tonight he was 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mollie O’Callaghan the least likely looking elite swimmer ever?
Jodie Henry gave her a run for her money, but she was a killer.

Remember Norman May saying in Athens she is the best female relay swimmer he has ever seen. She stole the 4x100m Free final from the yanks and started the tradition the girls have to this day.

Jodie Henry gave her a run for her money, but she was a killer.

Remember Norman May saying in Athens she is the best female relay swimmer he has ever seen. She stole the 4x100m Free final from the yanks and started the tradition the girls have to this day.
Henry was a beast in Athens! What memories.

Cartwright, I think. Horrible swim.
Yeah Cartwright did the first leg in 48.03. His best time in the 12 month qualifying period 47.84.

Southam did a 48 flat when his best time in the last 12 months was 47.77.

The front page of the new york times website has a cool little animated graphic of how the women's 400m free played out.

The front page of the new york times website has a cool little animated graphic of how the women's 400m free played out.

Interesting that the headline on new york times (and weird animated graphic) is the titmus win and not the mens relay.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back