News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Barbora not playing well at all. Schmeds played well. I've turned into Kerber, she is playing really well and took the first set in a tight tiebreaker.

Babs looked exhausted (and her playing doubles isn't helping this), so did Paulini, not really a surprise the ones that went deep in Wimbledon all have crashed out, scheduling was farcicial it couldn't be better but both Babs and Paulini looked spent first round out there, they got through on pure talent. Tip my hat to Donna Vekic who must be as fit as can be to cope with this schedule.

Men is a little different and Novak/Carlos are that far ahead of the rest they may get through on talent, though Novak has a nightmare draw from now.

Caught a little of kostuk and vekic. Typical match with the Ukrainian. Full of drama, match points saved and god knows what else. Fair play to vekic, who had a great grass court season and is backing it up on clay.

As for schmieds........GOING 4 GOLD BABY!!!!

I knew she was "great"(relatively speaking) on clay, but defeating 4 "seeds" on the way to semi.
Destiny!!!

5am (ish) start time...... Might have to get up a little early.....

Ebden Peers are in the semi. Play the winner of Murray/Evans and Paul/Fritz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

93-minute opening set is crazy stuff. Such high-quality tennis
Surprised Djokovic won first set. Thought Carlos would of got him in straight sets. Maybe Novak wants to complete the GOAT status with a Gold medal, so wants it more, Carlos has more time to come back and win Gold another year if he loses today Djokovic doesn’t…

Surprised Djokovic won first set. Thought Carlos would of got him in straight sets. Maybe Novak wants to complete the GOAT status with a Gold medal, so wants it more, Carlos has more time to come back and win Gold another year if he loses today Djokovic doesn’t…
I think its pretty clear that Alcaraz wants it just as much as Djokovic does...

I'm here watching the handball in Paris, but was watching the entire match on my phone.

I had tears at the end. That was phenomenal. I mean the tennis Djokovic produced was his best in a year at least. The cross court forehand winners at the end of the second set were something else.

I'm just in shock. What a win.

Also, I didn't know there was a tennis thread going for the Olympics. I managed to have tickets for the Ebden peers gold medal match. I won't ever forget that.

Attachments

• IMG20240803133921.jpg
    IMG20240803133921.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
That’s it ladies and gents, we have ourselves the GOAT. The man stands alone on the summit with the help of Jesus Christ.

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back