News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take the Wimblodon flop for Novak to finally win Olympic Gold, Carlos will get so many more chances.

Even though I hate Paulini, Sara Errani added her Olympic Gold and got the doubles version of what Novak did. Should be congratulated on this, first tennis gold for Italy

I am genuinely happy for Novak.

He wanted this so much.

Yeah, I'm not even Novak fan and happy tor him. Can't argue with the way he played.

Even though I hate Paulini, Sara Errani added her Olympic Gold and got the doubles version of what Novak did. Should be congratulated on this, first tennis gold for Italy

Swap Paolini and Errani in that statement and you have my thoughts

Yeah, I'm not even Novak fan and happy tor him. Can't argue with the way he played.

Swap Paolini and Errani in that statement and you have my thoughts

Paolini annoys me way more than Errani lol was happy Errani got her set of medals been a fantastic doubles player.

The crazy thing about Djokovic is that he actually called it at the start of the year that the Olympics was his main objective. To take on all that pressure and then deliver when it counts is trully goat worthy.

Hasnt lost at Roland Garros this year either.

Problem for Carlos was similar to the problem that Djokovic had at Wimbledon.

Had an easy run until the final making it harder to understand the form needed to win this. Djokovic at least had Musetti who put up a big fight and that gave him the preparation he needed for the final.

Although he came really close so should be proud.

I find it wild that Djokovic is already talking about competing at the Olympics in 2028.

I find it wild that Djokovic is already talking about competing at the Olympics in 2028.

Wouldn't be completely shocked, he's still a top 5 player right now, still contending. I still think that's sort of a wait and see as soon as he's not contending at Slams how long is he going on for? That's the query

Problem for Carlos was similar to the problem that Djokovic had at Wimbledon.

Had an easy run until the final making it harder to understand the form needed to win this. Djokovic at least had Musetti who put up a big fight and that gave him the preparation he needed for the final.

Although he came really close so should be proud.

Wow is he? That'd be crazy. I mean he's still the clear no 2nd in the world at 37. Maybe similar to Sinner. This wins makes me believe hes a good chance vs Alracaraz in the US final if they both make it.

Wow is he? That'd be crazy. I mean he's still the clear no 2nd in the world at 37. Maybe similar to Sinner. This wins makes me believe hes a good chance vs Alracaraz in the US final if they both make it.

Novak hasn't been that good at the US Open even at his best, but you never know. Think Sinner is the clear favourite to be honest.

No way Djokovic is gonna make the next Olympics...It's 4 years away & he'll be 41 lol...Wouldn't surprise me if he announces at the backend of year that 2025 if his last season (especially if he wins number 25 at the US Open).
He's climbed the summit & has nothing left to achieve with that gold medal victory.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Novak hasn't been that good at the US Open even at his best, but you never know. Think Sinner is the clear favourite to be honest.
Not that I think he'll win the tournament but it should be noted that Djokovic has made the final at the US Open ten times now. IIRC no player has played in the finals more than Djokovic (equal with Tilden). Now I appreciate that his conversion is lower than expected, however, classing him as not "that good" at the US Open is underselling his previous achievements.

Not that I think he'll win the tournament but it should be noted that Djokovic has made the final at the US Open ten times now. IIRC no player has played in the finals more than Djokovic (equal with Tilden). Now I appreciate that his conversion is lower than expected, however, classing him as not "that good" at the US Open is underselling his previous achievements.

He has been awful when it counted in the US Open although he would have won the year he was defaulted after the judge had a sook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The men's final was fantastic, unfortunately could only watch the first set but what a first set. Really pleased that Novak got the gold he was just willing himself in 4-4 game. Best set of tennis all year had everything. Well done to the Aussies for winning gold in the doubles. I can't imagine what that has taken out of Novak especially mentally. Is his knee still bothering him and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out of the USO.

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back