Past players - 2010 >>>

Remove this Banner Ad

Played him in cricket. I didn't acknowledge him because he is s**t.

He got five-fer and didn't smile.

Then he went out in the first over and hung himself.

True story.

Never liked him. Had potential thats for sure, but his game did not improve over the years he was at the club. Watching games (besides his 31 disposal blinder) was poor and just seemed to be lost. Good luck Richmond.

SheahanL.jpg

RD Pick: 6

Height: 195cm
Weight: 86kg
DOB: 27-01-1993
Club: Geelong Falcons

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Jamie Bennell has shown exactly why I'd take bets he will not start Round 1 and he will not be on our list in 2013. Just no appetite for it on a day where he, among others, needed to prove himself. Disappointing.

Okay so i got Jamie Bennell for the reviews per game. ( Not worrying about doing the putrid round robin style games )

Expectations for 2012 To start in the 18, he has the potential. The run he provides from HB or down the wing is crucial for our gameplan. He can also crum the ball inside the 50. Jamie needs to back himself more though and gain a bit of confidence. He needs to tally a consistent 20 possesions, with Davey hopefully spending more time at HF Jamie could fill the role Bailey was trying to imploy with Davey.

I'll be back when the real footy starts:rolleyes:

Jamie Bennell has shown exactly why I'd take bets he will not start Round 1 and he will not be on our list in 2013. Just no appetite for it on a day where he, among others, needed to prove himself. Disappointing.
He will improve.

With Bartram his only real competition for a BP spot, he could really find a niche for himself.

Missing Austin Wonaeamirri?

Just thought I'd pose this question.

The loss of Wona has meant that the X factor and defensive efforts he brought to the forward line evaporated. I know he was never a champion but gee I think you guys miss the characteristics he brought to your team.

Thoughts?

Re: Missing Austin Wonaeamirri?

We're missing a small forward in general. Wonna last year wasn't great, didn't have a preseason and too many turtles because he spent so much time at home. Now, 2008-era Wonna, that would be a sight for sore eyes.

Absolutely. We genuinely do not have a small forward right now. I'm honestly thinking we'll have to draft two - an actual pick and a rookie prototypical indigenous type.

Thoughts?

Very good thread mate - and yeah, missing him in so many ways. I'll never forget what he did for us during 2008, especially those two games in particular...

[YOUTUBE]lA110Y3TS2Y[/YOUTUBE]

Having a good small forward running around the feet of Clark and Howe (and to a lesser extent Petterd, Dunn etc.) would definitely go a long way toward raising our final scores, which are currently fairly abysmal.

I'm not really up with the latest trade/draft gossip, are the any genuine/interesting prospects available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt there a Garlett rated pretty high in this years draft?

and on Lawerence - he looked really good last year for casey crumbing around Fev, in person he is a good size pretty tall 6ft ish.

I reckon we need to give Kelvin Lawrence a go. Our season's shot, might as well.

Would be terrific to see him get a run but that would be our fourth promoted rookie for the year... and who goes on the LTI to accommodate him?

We do miss Aussie but, as mentioned before, we just miss a genuine crumber. Will be forever pissed off at Maric for not taking a role that was handed to him on a platter. Could have been anything and ended up being nothing.

Loved him but he's just not cut out for it. The game is faster and a lot fitter and he has been obese for most of his life.

If his head and heart were in it, he would've made it I reckon. Much like David Rodan. Had the ability but unfortunately for us football just wasn't important enough. A fit, firing Wona would be handy right about now.

Would be terrific to see him get a run but that would be our fourth promoted rookie for the year... and who goes on the LTI to accommodate him?

We do miss Aussie but, as mentioned before, we just miss a genuine crumber. Will be forever pissed off at Maric for not taking a role that was handed to him on a platter. Could have been anything and ended up being nothing.

True - whereas the way Maric's going now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone from the league altogether at the end of this year...

Isnt there a Garlett rated pretty high in this years draft?

and on Lawerence - he looked really good last year for casey crumbing around Fev, in person he is a good size pretty tall 6ft ish.

Yeah but he doesnt play much deep forward as a crumber... more wing high half forward atm.

Wille Rioli from NT kicked 2 on the weekend against Vic Metro and was named 3rd best, attends Xavier College and is a real livewire. Can take a hanger, strong through the core (he is a bit pudgy) and has phenomenal skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back