Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can’t debate this without name calling and personal abuse just move on, everyone is entitled to have an opinion and discuss here. Just because it’s not your opinion doesn’t give you free reign to abuse others.

Ah Chee misses 7 quarters of footy. Cripps misses none.
FWIW, I see a case for Cripps getting suspended, but I also see the case that it was a 'football collision' and he's free to play.

I lean toward the latter in terms of my own opinion of hit footy should be played - but given the current rules of the game I absolutely get that he could have been suspended.

Having said that, I don't buy the argument you've put forward.

IMO the outcome is somewhat irrelevant. There are too many variables in an outcome from a collision or contest in footy.
It should always have been, and should always be about the act itself. Regardless if you kill someone or if they don't even flinch - if the act is illegal, it should be penalised the same.

I simply don't understand the logic of punishing someone based on an outcome.

Eyes on the ball means nothing in this situation. You can watch the ball and still bump someone in the head and it's still a suspension.

Well "eyes on the ball attempting to collect it" is a little different to simply "eyes on the ball"

I could argue "eyes" means nothing in this situation. How much of the post did you want to cut out to suit an argument?

Let's be real here:

• if this was a player from outside of Victoria there is no way they would have got off from this.
  • if this was a player not in the running for the Brownlow they would no have got off.
  • if this was a player without a big name they would not have got off.

This is kind of like a Chris Judd getting off, same deal.

Hopefully the precedence is set now for the rest of the year. The head is not sacred and is fair game. Cripps showed no duty of care being 20kg heavier than his opponent and left the ground. Was definitely not going to get to the ball first.

yep, if Cripps had any decency, he would tell the AFL he has changed his mind and will accept a ban.

Sure, you can say that Carlton forced him to appeal and climb down whatever rat hole they could to get him off the charge, but Cripps should be his own man.

He did the act, he should happily face the consequence.

Who knows though, it could also be all coming from Cripps, a personal crusade for finals or brownlow, leading to this whatever-it-takes behaviour.

As has been said a fair bit, whether this has come from Cripps or Carlton, the game is a lot worse off for it.
Much like your head coach threatening a 2nds player from the stands in plain public view inviting him over the fence so Dimma could have his way with him in front of children attending a game??

That is not bad for the game though is it?? Apparently this makes Dimma god on your own board. 🧐😳

Yet what Cripps did in a split second during a game day scenario is bad for the game….

**** me Tiger supporters on here are a different breed.

Much like your head coach threatening a 2nds player from the stands in plain public view inviting him over the fence so Dimma could have his way with him in front of children attending a game??

That is not bad for the game though is it?? Apparently this makes Dimma god on your own board. 🧐😳

Yet what Cripps did in a split second during a game day scenario is bad for the game….

* me Tiger supporters on here are a different breed.
once again, treat the issue at hand, leave schoolboy 'I hate your club' stuff at the door pls.

once again, treat the issue at hand, leave schoolboy 'I hate your club' stuff at the door pls.
Just putting into relevance what you think is bad for the game and your opinion does not hold water.

So in other words your opinion on what is hurting the game means squat when you embrace other disgusting acts but they are ok cause it is your own team involved and putrid coach.

* me Tiger supporters on here are a different breed.
You're drawing an irrelevant bow mentioning Harwick.
It was dirty play from Cripps , he gave someone concussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the context of the post

The AFL have said for years if you hit someone in the head you are liable regardless.
Cripps showed no duty of care, he was pretending to mark a ball that wasn't there.
He got off so the AFL wouldn't be embarrassed on Brownlow night.

The AFL have said for years if you hit someone in the head you are liable regardless.
Cripps showed no duty of care, he was pretending to mark a ball that wasn't there.
So is Cripps winning the Brownlow as well??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pretty dodgy decision I think most agree

So is Cripps winning the Brownlow as well??
If he does, what will we make of it?
Not saying it is the purest award anyway, but this would taint the medal immensely.

The more and more I follow footy, the more 'whatever-it-takes' attitude keeps rearing its head and is the precedent to something damaging the game.

If he does, what will we make of it?
Not saying it is the purest award anyway, but this would taint the medal immensely.

The more and more I follow footy, the more 'whatever-it-takes' attitude keeps rearing its not want to be head and is the precedent to something damaging the game.
Answered like a true politician. The post I replied to indicated Cripps only got off because the AFL don’t want a suspended player winning the Brownlow and hence my retort.

IMO Cripps is no chance of winning the Brownlow this year regardless.

The final decision to let Cripps walk is worse than pathetic, it's dangerous because of the short and long term effects.

In effect you are saying if you are a big name player that draws crowds, go out and do what you like because you know it will be vindicated. Oh wait that is unless your name is Greene.

Remind of the players that Toby Greene has put out of play for weeks or actually caused the possibility of long term damage. Not that I condone what he's done either but please... FFS

How many of those big name players have walked in recent times. Martin and Cotchin come to mind immediately, should not have played in at least 1 of their cups.

Zero integrity from the AFL when you pick and choose and that goes down to all levels of the game.

And for what it's worth, my opinion is that Cripps has been playing very aggressively for about 18 months, can attribute last year to frustration. What excuse for this year?

Well he is 4th favourite so it's possible.
Hang on a minute you just said it was the only reason he got off??

Now you are dodging the question. Either you believe the narrative you stated or you don’t.

Hang on a minute you just said it was the only reason he got off??

Now you are dodging the question. Either you believe the narrative you stated or you don’t.
Other reasons are his importance to Carlton making the finals = TV ratings and him being their best ever.The AFL didn't appeal did they?
Even if that's not the reason, most reasonable commentators are saying the AFL have backtracked on the sanctity of the head eg Mick Malthouse

Other reasons are his importance to Carlton making the finals = TV ratings and him being their best ever.The AFL didn't appeal did they?
Even if that's not the reason, most reasonable commentators are saying the AFL have backtracked on the sanctity of the head eg Mick Malthouse
Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back