Play Nice Patrick Cripps v Marcus Bontempelli

Who would you rather?

• Patrick Cripps

• Marcus Bontempelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's much more difficult to hit a target by foot, than what it is by hand. Patrick Cripps will tell you that

It's also much more difficult to hit a target from inside a pack than outside. I think that's generally a pretty well accepted phenomenon. Not sure why one is being pushed forward by some and the other ignored completely.

Dusty is a hack by foot so yes I would use that as a measure lol. Dusty's poor DE is astonishing considering every second possession is a simple one-two handball to a player in a worse position

Right. So this just pretty much confirms all you do is troll the opposition while pumping up your own. Dusty would be Carlton's best player, Cripps included.

You could argue martin is as good as or better than the Bont.

Look at the coaches votes - Richmond are puss so it can't be argued he's just picking up votes in wins

It's also much more difficult to hit a target from inside a pack than outside. I think that's generally a pretty well accepted phenomenon. Not sure why one is being pushed forward by some and the other ignored completely.

Hello hypocrisy. This is exactly what you are doing.

The reality is somewhere in the middle. Either way, this poll result is pretty much speaking for itself

The difference between Bonts and Cripps is clearly an ability to influence a game and Bonts showed it again against Collingwood.

There are plenty of opinions on everything, but the only detailed statistical measure is provided by AFL Player Ratings through Champion Data. The Bont at the end of season 2015 (37 games) had a score of 535.8 and it is now at 594.7.
Cripps, now at 42 games sits at 431.4. This has him significantly behind Cripps in the evaluation by an independent body.

Meanwhile Bonts has improved on his overall rating. Cripps will undoubtedly increase his rating, but he has a lot of ground to make up to rival the Bont.

Incidentally Zach Merrett (57 games) sits at 435.9 just ahead of Cripps.

Look, you're probably right with that statement. On that note I guess we will have to respectively agree to disagree. Feel like we are going around in circles now, so I'll leave it at that. Both players have ridiculous upside. And I guess there is no right or wrong answer as to who the best player is.

Look, you're probably right with that statement. On that note I guess we will have to respectively agree to disagree. Feel like we are going around in curl few now, so I'll leave it at that. Both players have ridiculous upside. And I guess there is no right or wrong answer as to who the best player is.
The right answer is Bontempelli.

He's a decent impact player, but to argue he has good disposal is ridiculous

It's better than Cripps'. Going for goal and actually kicking. Bontempelli and Martin destroy him in this regard

Cripps' disposal and ability to impact a game outside of the clearances is his major downside.

After another 10 votes for 'The Bont' in the AFLCA, here is the leaderboard leading into the final two rounds:

105 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
93 Rory Sloane (Adel)
88 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
88 Dustin Martin (Rich)
80 Luke Shuey (WC)
77 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
77 Luke Parker (Syd)
77 Joel Selwood (Geel)
67 Tom Lynch (GC)
65 Sam Mitchell (Haw)

This is what should've been said in the beginning, for the position he plays his DE% is among the best regardless whether he kicks or handballs.
Exactly right the people here are not questioning that fact so far they are just saying Bontempelli has a few more strings to his bow and is more a match winner.

Thread has been opened only a short while and is already resorting to the same crap that saw the first one closed.

FlowersByIrene and ManOfClay the tit for tat rubbish will only result in thread bans and if you think you are being trolled by either side report it and IGNORE it.

Do not say warnings have not been given and we even amended the OP to cater for this but it always falls on deaf ears.

Thread has been opened only a short while and is already resorting to the same crap that saw the first one closed.

FlowersByIrene and ManOfClay the tit for tat rubbish will only result in thread bans and if you think you are being trolled by either side report it and IGNORE it.

Do not say warnings have not been given and we even amended the OP to cater for this but it always falls on deaf ears.
Your so called tit for tat is nothing but annoying debating in which i thought was what the poll was open for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your so called tit for tat is nothing but annoying debating in which i thought was what the poll was open for.

Not when posters are calling others out as trolls/rubbish posters and resulting in personal attacks because they have varying opinions on a said player.

Let us moderate the board shall we and if you have any more Mod gripes leave them to P.M like the BF site wide rules and Polls board rules state.

Not when posters are calling others out as trolls/rubbish posters and resulting in personal attacks because they have varying opinions on a said player.

Let us moderate the board shall we and if you have any more Mod gripes leave them to P.M like the BF site wide rules and Polls board rules state.
Wasn't a mod gripe, wow, its called a remark with what you said. didn't read anything where there were personal insults.

Wasn't a mod gripe, wow, its called a remark with what you said. didn't read anything where there were personal insults.

Cause they were all deleted and cleaned up, with mountains of off topic rubbish as well so it was a Mod gripe and just because you cannot see it there is no need to ask about it when you are blind to what happened, the warning is being heard by those it is targeted at.

As i said leave it to us and just discuss 2 great young players of the game any cub in the country would be happy to have on their list.

Both supporter bases are rapt with Bonts and Cripps and so they should be.

As i said leave it to us and just discuss 2 great young players of the game any cub in the country would be happy to have on their list.

Both supporter bases are rapt with Bonts and Cripps and so they should be.

Couldn't agree more Chism. I could not give a f*** about the opining of Bulldog or Carlton posters in a thread such as this. We went through ten years of this crap with Ryan Griffen vs. Brett Deledio. It's the musings in the neutral posts from supporters of the 16 other clubs that I'm interested in. Haven't voted in the poll so I have no idea who's winning but judging by the neutrals it's Bont. Love the kid, he's an absolute gun but Cripps is carving it up too. If they swapped jumpers we'd undoubtedly swap sides too.

And people bag out us regular Bay 13 posters. At least we all admit we're flogs!

I voted the Bont just the X factor and his impact on more games, mind you he is playing in a better side, they both get a hell of a lot of attention from other sides.
X factor is somebody like J Brennan or Nick Davis or what we thought we had with J Grant, you don't call pure skilled ball winners like Bont, Danger, Slone x factor players in my opinion..

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Patrick Cripps v Marcus Bontempelli

Back