Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the MRO decided Walsh didn't do it himself. I don't care whether it was a week or not. Blaming Walsh for staging is ridiculous and none of you would have said it about your own players.
It's not ridiculous at all. Players stage for 'Dangerous Tackles' several times every game.

It's unfortunately become a very common practice.

FWIW, I still can't work out how he face planted from that action by Dangerfield. Weird. It kind of defies the laws of physics.

It's not ridiculous at all. Players stage for 'Dangerous Tackles' several times every game.

FWIW, I still can't work out how he face planted from that action by Dangerfield. Weird. It kind of defies the laws of physics.

Look at the ball. Counterlever action.

There is no way Walsh staged for that.

Look at the ball. Counterlever action.

There is no way Walsh staged for that.
I reckon he did.

But regardless, you were outraged at the suggestion that he staged for it - which I don't think is outrageous at all given that they all do it these days. It's hardly an outrageous suggestion.

Secondly, I do think that Walsh staged for it. But I don't think he intended to hit his head that hard. But yes, I absolutely do think he lunged head first to draw a Free Kick.

There was just no logical reason why it how his face hit the ground at such force. Dangerfield was pulling on the reigns. It made no sense.

I reckon he did.

But regardless, you were outraged at the suggestion that he staged for it - which I don't think is outrageous at all given that they all do it these days. It's hardly an outrageous suggestion.

Secondly, I do think that Walsh staged for it. But I don't think he intended to hit his head that hard. But yes, I absolutely do think he lunged head first to draw a Free Kick.

There was just no logical reason why it how his face hit the ground at such force. Dangerfield was pulling on the reigns. It made no sense.

I disagree because you can tell it's all momentum except for the final whiplash action which occurred because his body didn't reach the ground at the same time as his head, because he landed on the ball.

He didn't have the use of his arms. How do you propose he stops himself from hitting the ground? Do you think the head stays rigid with forward momentum ... when the upper body hits the ball stopping it from hitting the ground, do you think your head would just stay in line with the torso and not continue its path to the ground? Makes no sense.

It’s quiet clear on the vision, he is either purposely throwing himself forward, or has lost balance

What was clear on the vision is he tried to power through the tackle, Dangerfield dropped his weight, Walsh went to his knees and then forward on to the ball.

There was zero effort to launch himself forward and he had no opportunity to do so. He just kept travelling in the direction of travel. Does nobody understand momentum or what happens when arms are pinned?

FMD people saying Walsh contributed to his head hitting the ground. He had no time to even think that through. From the moment he was immediately tackled After taking possession to his head hitting the ground could be measured in fractions of a second.

Why did his head hit the ground though? Hmmm, do you think it might be because as PD dragged him down his (Walsh) knees dig into the turf. This provided a point of rotation, a pivot that saw his thighs, upper body and head rotate around a point until the football that he was holding against his lower chest hit the ground. That then mostly stopped the rotation of his thighs and upper body, but provided another point of rotation for his neck and head, that through summation of forces, was then slammed into the ground. Of course, both arms being pinned meant that Walsh was unable to bring one or both forward to break his fall.

But no, there are mental pygmies in this thread who choose to believe that one of Carlton’s best players chose to risk an early game concussion, possible multiple weeks off football, possible other physical injuries and life long brain trauma to win a free kick in the first 15 seconds of a game that his team were favourites to win anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD people saying Walsh contributed to his head hitting the ground. He had no time to even think that through. From the moment he was immediately tackled After taking possession to his head hitting the ground could be measured in fractions of a second.

Why did his head hit the ground though? Hmmm, do you think it might be because as PD dragged him down his (Walsh) knees dig into the turf. This provided a point of rotation, a pivot that saw his thighs, upper body and head rotate around a point until the football that he was holding against his lower chest hit the ground. That then mostly stopped the rotation of his thighs and upper body, but provided another point of rotation for his neck and head, that through summation of forces, was then slammed into the ground. Of course, both arms being pinned meant that Walsh was unable to bring one or both forward to break his fall.

But no, there are mental pygmies in this thread who choose to believe that one of Carlton’s best players chose to risk an early game concussion, possible multiple weeks off football, possible other physical injuries and life long brain trauma to win a free kick in the first 15 seconds of a game that his team were favourites to win anyway.

Love You GIF by Sky

Attachments

• 6A30E3E1-49AE-4C1E-BB27-3C2900607F86.gif
    6A30E3E1-49AE-4C1E-BB27-3C2900607F86.gif
    256.6 KB · Views: 7
This is why they need to **** off 'fairest' in the best and fairest. It's so easy to get a match now than you were ever able to.

My thoughts on this tackle is that Dangerfield didn't propel himself forward, but in fact he threw his legs out to keep himself from giving a free for in the back. I think this is a very harsh call.

Players in this situation are going to avoid tackling in the next few years. wait and see.

Watching it is it initially happened it was a very weird tackle to watch, it looked unnatural with Danger trying to hold him up and in the end being defeated by momentum and Walsh.

Steve Johnson staged for a free one day and broke his own nose on the turf. Who knows what a player with a win at all costs mind set will do.

This is why they need to **** off 'fairest' in the best and fairest. It's so easy to get a match now than you were ever able to.

My thoughts on this tackle is that Dangerfield didn't propel himself forward, but in fact he threw his legs out to keep himself from giving a free for in the back. I think this is a very harsh call.

Players in this situation are going to avoid tackling in the next few years. wait and see.
He threw his legs out to give himself leverage, weight & the momentum to bring Walsh to ground.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Throwing your legs out transfers the ballast of the upper body weight downwards.

This technique is used all the time in League to bring down the larger players. NRL tackling techniques that are now trained in the AFL.

Dangerfield has always tackled with “intent” it’s part of his playing arsenal, I for one love players that play with an edge.

In this instance, and with the changing landscape and intent to protect players that cannot protect themselves (duty of care) in moments (in this case Walsh having both arms pinged) it resulted in a dangerous tackle.
In todays game, that’s a week. More if the player is injured, in particular if that injury pertains to a head injury.

To say Walsh contributed in any way is just being ridiculous.

Both Danger and Walsh lucky that the tackle didn’t result in injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back