Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

To those Vics saying he is respected in Victoria, no one is disputing that. But if he played in Victoria, he would probably be considered one of the greats of the last 10 years. Not in Carey's class, as mentioned before, but better than Riewoldt, Tredrea and Brown in my view. Yet probably ranks behind two of those to most people.

Tredrea played in Adelaide and is underrated and Brown plays in Brisbane and is overrated

I added this to the "An apoogy" thread but it might get missed there...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a popular opinion that because he plays in a low profile footy club in WA that he generally gets forgotten by the Melbourne media and football public when talking about superstars of the modern game. Out of sight/out of mind type of mentality.

Being from SA and seeing Pavlich play as a junior I have always thought he was going to be a great player. When there was a chance Adelaide might be able to claim him I was all for it but unfortunately it never worked out. He would have been a great addition to the Crows at that point. To top it off by all reports he is a really great person and obviously a tremendous leader.

Ross Lyon just said it best in the wrap up; it would be frightening to see how good he would have been if he was playing in a top side with a dominant midfield. Most of his years have been spent in a middle of the road side. It's so great that he is finally getting some finals success. He deserves it.

Absolute superstar. Can go into the midfield and dominate - or play deeper forward like tonight and win the game off his own boot.

Universally loved, Pavlich is much like Hayes in the respect that you can't find any reason to dislike him. He's stuck with his club for so long, even when he has boatloads of money thrown at him. He could have bailed on Fremantle a while ago but he's stuck at it and I hope he gets a premiership in return.
Freo fans in particluar.
If this guy had played for a Vic team he'd be AFL Hall of Fame before he even retired.

Catch Lyon's post-match interview tonight? Blood from a Stone basically said it outright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My source is Geelong. Highest level.
Wait for the book. Pav's hardly going to admit it while he's still playing

Your source is Geelong? Well presumably the 'highest level' in Geelong is the lord mayor. Not sure how the lord mayor of Geelong would know anything about Matthew Pavlichs contract negotiation.

Your source is Geelong. FFS. Nice story troll.

Your source is Geelong? Well presumably the 'highest level' in Geelong is the lord mayor. Not sure how the lord mayor of Geelong would know anything about Matthew Pavlichs contract negotiation.

Your source is Geelong. FFS. Nice story troll.

Yeah. I'd make it up...
Your team just won its first ever final in Melbourne and you're on bigfooty? Sheesh. Party on Wayne...

Yeah. I'd make it up...
Your team just won its first ever final in Melbourne and you're on bigfooty? Sheesh. Party on Wayne...
It's not like they won the premiership. Freo fans know there is still a long way to go.

You think Freo is a low profile club?:confused:

Sorry, I should have explained that better. I meant because they are the #2 club in WA and because they are an interstate side they don't get as much attention from the AFL media, particularly in Vic. Similar to Port Power in SA (but I like them a whole lot more !!!)
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back