2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

100% correct, but rather see Odin Jones play rather than Tabs , lets look to the future
If we want to win then we pick Tabs

also giving Tabs a swansong would be nice, even if its at Peel

Would be extremely disrespectful to push him out of the time right now, bloke has given a lot to this club.

Our 8th leading goal scorer of all time. Just 5 short of Fyfe and Clive tied at 7th

WAFL Commission may have just ended Kueks career

That's rough as **** tbh

Mcdonald I understand, even if he was injured all year so simply couldn't play but Kuek was injured and played enough reserves to justify, not a good look.
Not sure. Freo were ecstatic about Kuek at training before he went back into the wafl

13. Copper Simpson

14. Patrick Voss

15. Matt Taberner

Fremantle have had requests to play Oscar McDonald and Sebit Kuek in the WAFL finals for Peel Thunder denied after they didn’t qualify during the season.

Rookie tall Odin Jones and draftee defender Ollie Murphy were given exemptions by The West Australian Football Commission to play finals after not meeting the qualifying requirements of playing at least six league games including two of the last eight.

9 is missing but I think it should be Liam Reidy as it says he qualified.

Awww, cor blimey copper! Simpson is playing :p

Obviously you dont know who own Freo and WCE licenses then.....and it ain't the AFL.
They take royalties from the clubs and give nothing back

Their status and financial viability has no tangible measure to the clubs outside of providing a pathway for development of local talent and grassroots development

Them rejecting Kuek’s eligibility goes against their guidelines in regards to long term injuries, and I have no doubt that the exact same situation would be approved for a non-afl aligned club

FREMANTLE QUALIFIED TO PLAY FOR PEEL​

1. Hugh Davies

2. Jack Delean

3. Neil Eramsus

4. Tom Emmett

5. Ethan Stanley

6. Ollie Murphy

7. Odin Jones

8. Will Brodie

10. Karl Worner

11. Ethan Hughes

12. Nathan O’Driscoll

13. Copper Simpson

14. Patrick Voss

15. Matt Taberner

Fremantle have had requests to play Oscar McDonald and Sebit Kuek in the WAFL finals for Peel Thunder denied after they didn’t qualify during the season.

Rookie tall Odin Jones and draftee defender Ollie Murphy were given exemptions by The West Australian Football Commission to play finals after not meeting the qualifying requirements of playing at least six league games including two of the last eight.

9 is missing but I think it should be Liam Reidy as it says he qualified.

These are the players from Freo that played in the 2023 GF that EF won quite convincingly.

Colyer, Brodie, Davies, Hamling, O'Driscoll, Reidy, Worner, Wagner, Corbett, Emmett, Wilson

Much stronger in midfield with Erasmus and Brodie together. Stronger key position forwards with Taberner and Voss. Maybe don't have the same run off half back without Wagner and Wilson in his new role. Key position defenders were Blight and Hamling.

I don't see Knobel's name on that list either. I would guess he would be available too.

Last edited:
If we want to win then we pick Tabs

also giving Tabs a swansong would be nice, even if its at Peel

Would be extremely disrespectful to push him out of the time right now, bloke has given a lot to this club.

Our 8th leading goal scorer of all time. Just 5 short of Fyfe and Clive tied at 7th
Soft thinking, Tabs cant even bend down to get a ground ball

Soft thinking, Tabs cant even bend down to get a ground ball
Tabs has kicked 18 goals in the last 7 WAFL games, including the last 2 in the mud filled slop

You're just plain wrong if you don't think he is WAFL standard, he is being hunted by other WAFL clubs for next year anyway

Soft thinking is such a copout, put some respect on his name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas Edwards, the no 14 for Swans who took a huge speccy in the forward 50m a couple of weeks ago will miss this upcoming game against Peel under the 21 day concussion protocols under the WAFL rules. He has kicked 37 goals this year for Swans.

Since when have East Perf ever been a WAFL powerhouse??? Has the comp really changed so much in my 3 decades away from WA that a club like Royals suddenly dominate?

Seriously, would be great if it was sustainable and each WAFL club was roughly equal footing. Perth and East Perth have rarely been serious repeat year on year threats any year in my 40+ years of following WAFL...
They have picked up a lot of ex afl (fremantle) players that were decent - Crowden, North, Brayshaw, Jones. Medhat ex freo academy.

Last edited:
WAFL Commission may have just ended Kueks career

That's rough as **** tbh

Mcdonald I understand, even if he was injured all year so simply couldn't play but Kuek was injured and played enough reserves to justify, not a good look.
Rules are rules.
There is a WAFL site that is full of AWFL msupporters that are constantly bagging the Freo Peel alignment.
A bunch of rabid ranters. But had the WAFC allowed him to pay they would have gone ballistic.
If Kuek was or is wanted by Fremantle, then I don't see this as a set back at all.
The alignment is under more scrutiny from the WAFC than they Yellas are. It appears the Yellas can screw over the WAFL as many times they like but nor have to run the gauntlet.
So is it the WAFL or the Commission that hass topped him playing! I am thinking it is theCcommission.
The money that both AFL clubs give to the Commission are not just for the WAFL, it is to help all football WA wide.

Last edited:
Can’t wait til there is a national reserves comp and the WAFL gets stripped clean and goes bankrupt
That is a BS post. What happens if the WAFL die!!!where do the young players go to play.Where do the next tier of AFL players come from!!
And besides that, even worse is that the AFL(Melbourne VFL ) win the contest. It will be exactly what they want. They want total control over Aussie rules all over Australia.
A dumb scenario.

Anyone know why Pat Voss isn't playing for Peel? I can only guess that he's taken his leave now and wants to be back for day 1 of pre-season?

Big loss for Peel, starting to regret putting the house on Peel at $3.50 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back