2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL guys just don't care enough with Freos season over, they get through finals on talent compared to other teams often but it normally needs Freo there or there about for them to give a ****.
Some probably already know they're getting cut.

Erasmus and O'DRISCOLL got good numbers
They are probably not the players in biggets danger to get delisted.

But mainly I wanted to say that players who already know they will be delisted should care for the results. because a domimant state league GF could help to get back on some list. Think quite a few guys who really had dominant state GFs and won the medal got on some AFL list through Rookie or PSS. Just gets more notice then dominating in a team going out in straight sets...

Last edited:
Think quite a few guys who really had dominant state GFs and won the medal got on some AFL list through Rookie or PSS. Just gets more notice then dominating in a team going out in straight sets...
To back up your point, Jeremy Sharp won a VFL grand final with The Suns last year.

Under JLo I haven't quite been able to put my finger on what troubles me about his coaching and the culture he is breeding in our playing group.

Watching the Freo listed players in today's Peel finals game finally twigged it for me.

It isn't that they don't enjoy winning enough - they enjoy winning heaps.
But under JLo they just don't hate losing enough. Losing (especially close losses) are fine.

Great teams, and winning teams, hate losing, absolutely despise losing, far far more than they enjoy a win.

Under JLo I haven't quite been able to put my finger on what troubles me about his coaching and the culture he is breeding in our playing group.

Watching the Freo listed players in today's Peel finals game finally twigged it for me.

It isn't that they don't enjoy winning enough - they enjoy winning heaps.
But under JLo they just don't hate losing enough. Losing (especially close losses) are fine.

Great teams, and winning teams, hate losing, absolutely despise losing, far far more than they enjoy a win.

After we lost to the Bulldogs there was snippet of Caleb doing a post match radio interview and he definitely had an angry look on his face answering the questions about why they put in such a poor performance.

Don't know what you can say about the dozen players at Peel. They've only lost a handful of games all year, and this is the first time they've lost 2 weeks in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back