Opinion Pendlebury going forward? Whaddaya reckon? (Poll added)

Pendlebury going forward, Whaddaya reckon?

• Camp him down there, the lingerie department has been a mess since Mrs Slocum left.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotate him between the midfield and the forward line like horses on the merry go round

• Pendles the builder. Can he fix it? Yes he can! Forward, back, Peace in the Middle East

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Steelers Wheels ... Stuck in the middle with you

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Levi in there cracking skulls with Adams leaves Pendles to do as he pleases. On the club's site last week they highlighted a couple of his 100m+ runs to be involved in a goal. He reads the game a bit like Gretzky did in the NHL... He's a chess player who anticipates things quicker than those around him... It's that spatial awareness and footy brain that let's him go all matrix on the opposition. But it can also make him a f###ing nightmare for an opposition backline.

He's clearly injured but I love the move even when he's fully fit. We have a rolled gold superstar, let's use him to his fullest.

Gotta say, Varcoe looked that part last night. If he played like that against us he'd drive me mad. Goals, great running, super creative at times, excellent disposal. With Pendles it made for a great one two punch against weakened opposition.
Would consider Pendles more "platinum" than rolled gold.

Anyone got any stats on CS clearances we have won when Memblebury started in the center? He has clearly been carrying an injury because tigers and cats game he was a liability in the CS IMO. please don't send out the mob to get me haha. He just looked slow when in there and we were getting flogged. Maybe that's just me so some stats would be useful.
So with that in mind and that he must be carrying an injury I think he was moved more out of necessity and as we were trying to find a better mix to improve our CS clearance %.

I know Penldebury got zero against Richmond.

I wonder if his move into the forward line had anything to do with Steele's availability in the side. In round 1 Pendles had 0 rebound 50s and 8 inside 50s as he did against GC on the weekend.

In rounds 2-7 (no Steele), he averaged 3.8 inside 50s and 2.75 rebounds.

Would love to have access to the heat maps, but here is a sample (from Rohan Connolly's article in The Age):

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...y-leads-his-team-forward-20150527-ghb4gq.html

1432728758199.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Pendlebury going forward? Whaddaya reckon? (Poll added)

Back