people with the same personality as you

Remove this Banner Ad

Howdy

Debutant
Jun 17, 2001
Do you like that in a member of the opposite sex? or do you prefer people completely different so you can't put up with them.

obviously i like them with the same interests as myself but not necessarily if they think like me or act like me.

you?

I think it's better if both have similar personalities. It must be frustrating to be a joker and yet have to try and act serious around your partner because they don't share the same sense of humour. I know a couple who split because of this. Chalk and cheese relationships don't work that often.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
Have to be able to laugh at the same things.

Absolutely agree. My partner has the most insane personality ever, he does things that most girls would be horrified with, but I LOVE it. :D Keeps life interesting.

i find im attracted to people i kinda want to be..... i spose.
as in people i admire, who have succeeded where i want to succeed, or have character traits that i want but probably would never create for myself because its more inspiring in someone else.

as for being similar with someone do you mean... hobbys? activities? lifestyle?? or character traits??- as in both aggressive or whatever...

Nobody really has the same personality, the worlds is full of millions and millions of different and wonderful personalities

No way. I'm pretty shy and quiet, it'd be the most boring partnership on the face of the planet. That said I hate loudmouths aswell.

Whatever happened to 'opposites attract'

Originally posted by helen20
i find im attracted to people i kinda want to be..... i spose.

Good point, same with me.

I guess there's got to be a balance, people can probably have great relationships with people with vastly different personalities and interests though it seems that one thing that is quite essential for a relationship to work is to have similar values and wants, otherwise it's not going to go to far.

I'm not the most assertive character around and I've been out with non-assertive girls a couple of times and it's so frustrating! I don't like having to make all the decisions, I'm more a follower than a leader, within reason of course. I like women who are outgoing, assertive, friendly and talkative, basically the opposite to myself!

I quite like my partner to have different interests to me so we can both do our own things when we want. I've been single too long and liked it too much to totally give up my freedom and be in one of those relationships where you spend all your free time with your partner. Bugger that, I've got a life of my own, granted it's not much of a life, all the same it is a life!

Remove this Banner Ad

people with the same personality as you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back