Perfect long term relationships that go sour

Remove this Banner Ad

This is absolutely spot on. If you are looking for advice to get through this and remember life goes on. Look to put your energies into friends, family and bettering yourself. Understand what interests you. Take up a hobby, preferably outdoors and/or active (fishing, surfing, gym, lawn bowls anything). If you want to move on then you need to make that happen. You can't keep wallowing in your pain mate. Make a conscious effort to move forward.

It is tough but you can do it.

Keep us updated with progress and please reach out if you need help.

Thanks mate.

Going through a bit of counselling at the moment. Been together 16 years and got 2 young kids. Moved countries to be with her. They are my life and I think we'll be ok but some things to sort out. Guess I've been showing love in the wrong ways because my wife says she hasn't felt loved for a little while. No big yelling or screaming matches and we're talking and sorting through it so I guess that's a good sign. Got to admit that I'm pretty scared though.

Sorry to hear mate. Hope so much that it works itself out.

For someone who's had mental issues, your advice to others isn't great

what's this got to do with mental issues?

simping over a woman is bitchmade.
thinking your life is over because a woman doesnt love you is pathetic thinking when there are plenty of them out there.

the moment you put your end in another lady you won't think about that woman.

It ****ing hurts
But the advice given here by others is spot on
It's a cliche but put one foot in front of the other and move forward mate, pretty soon those feet move on their own
You will be the knight in shining armour for a lady out there in time, but for now heal yourself and give yourself time to smile again

It ******* hurts
But the advice given here by others is spot on
It's a cliche but put one foot in front of the other and move forward mate, pretty soon those feet move on their own
You will be the knight in shining armour for a lady out there in time, but for now heal yourself and give yourself time to smile again

Thanks mate

Thanks, there are just so many ups and downs at the moment. Still alongside the disbelief.
in my experiences the best way to get over an ex is to get out and start shagging some new birds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, volunteered to stay at a nearby hotel for the next 3 nights. Wife said she wants to work things out and get that spark back which is good. Still talking to counsellor individually and as a couple. We have a full date day planned for Tuesday. Thought some space for a few days could help. Or, it could monumentally backfire!

So, volunteered to stay at a nearby hotel for the next 3 nights. Wife said she wants to work things out and get that spark back which is good. Still talking to counsellor individually and as a couple. We have a full date day planned for Tuesday. Thought some space for a few days could help. Or, it could monumentally backfire!

Shit man that's sad. You seem to be one of the most happily married types in these parts.

Shit man that's sad. You seem to be one of the most happily married types in these parts.

I was! Haha. Maybe got too comfortable. Things actually seem to be working out but just thought a little weekend to ourselves could be good. Been together 16 years and you have to keep working at it.

I was! Haha. Maybe got too comfortable. Things actually seem to be working out but just thought a little weekend to ourselves could be good. Been together 16 years and you have to keep working at it.
good work
and good luck

Thanks mate. I just can't see a way forward. She's all I had and now I have nothing
this hurts to read, I know the exact pain you're going through. my ex was everything to me too. I didn't sleep for 3 for 3 or 4 months after

you will get better mate, I promise

in my experiences the best way to get over an ex is to get out and start shagging some new birds.
that doesn't work for everyone - sure as shit didn't for me, made me worse

I just can't see myself with anyone ever again.

Thanks mate. I just can't see a way forward. She's all I had and now I have nothing

You have so much more than you realise mate

12 years is a very long time and thus I can't really compare my experience (even my successful relationships didn't last that long!). But yes you do hurt and it takes time to feel like your old self again.

Funnily enough even with the drama I got myself into some years ago (the two relationship situations I posted about in a certain thread on here). Taking the advice of friends and certain posters from Bigfooty and other forums I frequent............ it was actually my mum that snapped me back to reality and getting on with life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect long term relationships that go sour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back