Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he would be about our fastest player.

And hedgehog, that quote I posted was a post from another thread on BigFooty. I think the question was more over his build, rather than his height because obviously he has the height to play as a key defender. He has bulked up a fair bit since he was on the Sydney list, but still has that sort of lanky look about him. Another season at an AFL club should fix that though.

Sounds like he would be about our fastest player.

And hedgehog, that quote I posted was a post from another thread on BigFooty. I think the question was more over his build, rather than his height because obviously he has the height to play as a key defender. He has bulked up a fair bit since he was on the Sydney list, but still has that sort of lanky look about him. Another season at an AFL club should fix that though.

Ah that makes sense, I was confused because he looks like a big unit now.

I wonder what his weakness is... skills perhaps?

Bargain here Freo, was hoping Dogs would pick him up, think of a taller but lighter framer version of Dale Morris, not blessed with super skills but doesn't give his opponent an inch, very hard to get a kick on.

Here's my conspiracy theory... ;)

Why, if he's so good, have GC pre-listed him, then traded him to us virtually for nothing???

Well.... Freo are going to refuse to trade with Collingwood for Taz if the Pies don't come to the table ready to deal properly... leaving the door open for GC to recruit Taz and bugger up the Pies plans. Freo get their young key defender, Pies get bugger all, and GC get the satisfaction of screwing over Collingwood in their very first trip to the trading table. :D

Wins all round. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without getting ahead of myself and I posted something similar on the draft and trading board...

But honestly, the fundamental shift in our clubs recruitment and drafting since Harvey has been on board is unbelievable, almost brings a tear to the eye.

We're now handing over nothing for quality players and using our high picks on dedicated highly skillful youngsters.

All reports this guy is a ready made Silvangni and not a moment too soon, we could roll the dice on a 17 yo Key defender or better yet take a devleoped performing one free of charge.

I've also noticed that high performing backmen in the lower level football leagues seem to make the transition far easier than a forward.

peter_falk.jpg

Columbo?
Can't see him stopping Buddy on the wing.

I have watched him a bit at Willy this year, very good get, was also hoping we'd rookie him this year, very lanky but tall, 3rd defender at AFL level type, doesn't mind to have a run, but also plays tight on opponents.

Definatly worth the punt.

Sounds like a perfect first trade, best case senario we get a player who can step straight into one of our weakest areas (with Tarrant gone, questions over Grover playing on and if Sibbo will be ready for regular games early in the season) and worst case senario we lose nothing :D.

If he's so big and fast and hasn't been beaten all year then why are people saying he's a 3rd tall?
Is he confused with someone else cause he doesn't look too lanky in that photo.

Here's my conspiracy theory... ;)

Why, if he's so good, have GC pre-listed him, then traded him to us virtually for nothing???

Well.... Freo are going to refuse to trade with Collingwood for Taz if the Pies don't come to the table ready to deal properly... leaving the door open for GC to recruit Taz and bugger up the Pies plans. Freo get their young key defender, Pies get bugger all, and GC get the satisfaction of screwing over Collingwood in their very first trip to the trading table. :D

Wins all round. ;)

If the club miss out on getting Tarrant I doubt they'll lose any sleep over it to be honest with you.

Will be a handy depth player if the price is right.

I hadn't even heard of this guy 3 minutes ago but after reading this thread I love him already.

Very happy with this trade, basically giving up nothing for another player who has performed highly in the VFL. :thumbsu:

Is having Lloyd based in Victoria helping the club when it comes to these mature age recruits from the VFL such as Barlow and Silvagni last year. I know a lot of people were dubious of the decision to allow him to be based in Melbourne but it could be the best thing the club ever did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back