Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Peter Rohde on 3aw NOW

history of trading 'high profile' (or at the very least, good to very good) players:

Cummings for Schofield - fair trade all round
The Eagleton/Montgomery complex trade - fair trade all round
Wakelin for pick 4 - fair trade (over the odds actually)
Two picks for Pickett - not sure how Pickett wasnt 'high profile'
Two picks for Hardwick - again, was AA 12 months prior to the trade, very fair
Carr for three picks - We played hard ball a bit here and Freo came to the table.

You dont have a leg to stand on in this argument. All you have is Nick Stevens....And why did that deal not go through? Maybe because Collingwood offered us used tampons thanks to Nicks **** of a manager changing the rules at the 11th hour? Would you have accepted Mcgough (who was delisted 12 months later) and pick 35, which was their final offer? Most on this board have said they wouldnt even do Burgoyne for Lewis (a Stevens equivalent in age etc. just for arguments sake) in a straight swap....imagine us offering you Logan and pick 40 for him. Would you take it? Or would you tell us to **** off and tell him to have fun collecting wooden spoons?

Weve done our very best to accomodate players that have asked to be traded - Symes, Thomson, Morgan, Guerra, M Stevens, Pickett, Carr and N Stevens have all asked to be traded to either go home or for more opportunity elsewhere. Only the Nick trade hasnt gone through.

Its a different situation (so far) on two paths anyway. First off Burgoyne hasnt done the dirty like Nick did. Second of all at least you have come to the party and put a good pick on the table. You cant blame Port for asking/wanting a first 22 player to replace one of our top 2-3 players. Guys like Tuck etc. would be only negligible in our first 22 anyway.

Id be happy if I had any say in it to accept pick 9 and Thorp (I can understand why Port dont want him), Dowler (apparently he has not been offered) or Kennedy. Tuck & Mcglynn not so much.

We have all the deals done so far in this trade week.

Jolly wanted out, pick 14 and 46. Done.

Josh Gibson wanted out + pick 69 for pick 25 and 41. Done within a couple of hours into trade week.

Andrew Lovett wanted out, pick 16. Done.

Problem is Burgs nominated the Hawks and Port are trying to deny him that wish. Best thing Burgs could have done was a smoky I want to go to Melbourne and then Port would have been bitches to them as Melbourne probably would want to keep their first round pick/s and Hawks' pick 9 would have looked like gold.

The more players denied their preferred destination the more chance Free Agency is brought in. If it is PA will be punished because Mark Williams is a dick and players will all of a sudden have a lot more power.

Problem is Burgs nominated the Hawks and Port are trying to deny him that wish.

The more players denied their preferred destination the more chance Free Agency is brought in. If it is PA will be punished because Mark Williams is a dick and players will all of a sudden have a lot more power.
Piss off. Put a fair and reasonable offer on the table and a deal will be struck. Don't waste our time with offering a player you know won't commit to us. It's as simple as that.

We have all the deals done so far in this trade week.

Jolly wanted out, pick 14 and 46. Done.

Josh Gibson wanted out + pick 69 for pick 25 and 41. Done within a couple of hours into trade week.

Andrew Lovett wanted out, pick 16. Done.

Problem is Burgs nominated the Hawks and Port are trying to deny him that wish. Best thing Burgs could have done was a smoky I want to go to Melbourne and then Port would have been bitches to them as Melbourne probably would want to keep their first round pick/s and Hawks' pick 9 would have looked like gold.

Top Post:thumbsu:

I actually care about the Showdown now, go Crows:)

Piss off. Put a fair and reasonable offer on the table and a deal will be struck. Don't waste our time with offering a player you know won't commit to us. It's as simple as that.

Don't be a tosser.

Burgoyne is out of contract and doesn't want to be at Port. ANY compensation to you guys is unfair if you want to get all moral about it.

You've turned your nose up at all our uncontracted players.

Pick 9 + McGlynn is more than fair, but no, this wasn't good enough for Port.

None of our contracted players want to go to port (how is this our fault?)

Time is running out.

It's getting very embarrassing that all these port guys are crying "unfair" when we're not giving them the world for a very very good uncontracted player that's come of the worst season of his career.

It's getting ridiculous guys.

Oh Boo hoo - the trouble is port are acting like children.

If they can't convince potential trades to come to port and don't like our offers they do have a choice.

Go elsewhere and trade with someone else - you do have a choice!

At the end of the day you will do the best trade for you.

Actually, why don't you give us all a laugh and tell us what would be fair?

This'll be good.......

Can you imagine any other industry where a company still owns an employee that is no longer under contract? It's bogus.

WHAT THE HELL IS A FAIR DEAL TO YOU!!!

hell u stupid port supporters don't even know!!!

i'm normally polite to other supporters! BUT U stupid repetitive morons clearly show ur lack of knowledge on ANYTHING!!! WHAT THE HELL IS REASONABLE TO YOU?!?!?! I bet you have no clue what you want out of this trade!!

Jolly had a fantastic yr... went for 14 and 40 sumthing
Lovett had a good yr too and went for 16!!
We are giving up 9! which is so much better then 16! and burgoyne struggled with INJURY and hasn't been ELITE for 2 years!!!

I really hope you get nothing now... only because ur supporters are STUPID ignorant and bloody unreasonable!

ALSO i can understand why NO PLAYERS from opposing teams want to go to Port crap!!! you guys have a shit culture and ur players internally hack at eachother. I'm hopeful that u get nothing... and certainly none of our players! I would not like to put them through the horrors of ur pathetic club!

The only Real offer is pick 9
Port's fishing expeditions with our listed players is their choice of time wasting

We said a first year player (Schoenmakers) was asking too much - wasnt that a hint?

Port can keep asking for more but by tomorrow afternoon you will find its still only pick 9 on the table.

The only reason Hawthorn hasnt told Port to get stuffed would be Clarkos personal commitment to Junior Burger to get him to the Hawks but that wont be at the expense of club unity.

Mate- NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO PORT... As stated by Paul Connors today-- no player wants to go to your club because your player culture is abysmal... You guys need to have a hard look at yourself and stop blaming other clubs for all your problems. Its as simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have a feeling if we were dealing with the crows it would be so much better

they are a much more professional unit... in all departments. power are a joke

Paul Conners is a Player Manager

he said that he would never in his right mind... push any of his players into looking at going to port adelaide. With good reason too!

I doubt Chris Pelchen would be able to deal any better with the Crows.

I think your reference to Pelchen is a little lost in the fact that 4 people are involved in making decisions about list management

Pelchen, Clarkson, CEO, Head Recruiter/Talent identification are involved. Same for Port unless Choco like he normally does gets to railroad his opinion through and get his own way

If Burgoyne goes into the draft Hawks will get him with pick 9 guaranteed so wont lose anything. Otherwise walk away and Port wont be able to do a deal with Melbourne as Bailey rates him but doesnt see him as a long term player
Only other option for Port then becomes Essendon who may deal but Burgoyne will need to want to go there

Easiest outcome is walk away and tell port to deal with someone else and await the national draft and take him anyway.

Actually, why don't you give us all a laugh and tell us what would be fair?

This'll be good.......

Can you imagine any other industry where a company still owns an employee that is no longer under contract? It's bogus.
Personally what I would think is fair is a straight swap for Jordan Lewis and maybe a 2nd rounder. I'd be happy enough with Lewis. He fills a definite need that we have whilst giving Hawthorn the classy midfield finisher than you lack.

As for all of you dimwits harping on about our club. Yes we've had a lean patch the past few seasons, but it wasn't that long ago that Hawthorn was merging and your debt management was diabolical.

The operations department is trying to address what's wrong with our club, and for the meantime we've had to put our hands out for assistance. Do you think the supporters like it? No we don't. We're the most successful club in Australian sporting history surviving on hand outs and it strikes a sore spot with us all.

If we can get some players in to help change what is the accepted culture then I am all for it. I would hope people of strong moral fibre would be at Port Adelaide and help us dig out of this predicament.

Stop piss farting around and offer something reasonable and this trade will be signed off straight away. The world doesn't revolve around Shaun Burgoyne and Hawthorn.

Pelchen, Clarkson, CEO, Head Recruiter/Talent identification are involved. Same for Port unless Choco like he normally does gets to railroad his opinion through and get his own way
List management has been taken out of Choco's hands by the board and Haysman.

Personally what I would think is fair is a straight swap for Jordan Lewis and maybe a 2nd rounder.

Alright, but what is your second round pick? 24

Not sure I'm happy with lewis for Burgoyne and 24, but at least it's closer to reality.

Mate- NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO PORT... As stated by Paul Connors today-- no player wants to go to your club because your player culture is abysmal... You guys need to have a hard look at yourself and stop blaming other clubs for all your problems. Its as simple as that.
Stupid comment, considering you've no idea the workings the board and our administration have put in place over the past season or so. They won't bear fruit for some time, but we're trying to move in the right direction.

Also, it helps our cause greatly with dimwits professing their high opinion of Port Adelaide on radio, exacerbating whatever issues we may have. Unless you work from the inner sanctum or are a hardcore supporter of that team, you have no idea what's going on.

Paul Connors can suck it.

Personally what I would think is fair is a straight swap for Jordan Lewis and maybe a 2nd rounder. I'd be happy enough with Lewis. He fills a definite need that we have whilst giving Hawthorn the classy midfield finisher than you lack.

As for all of you dimwits harping on about our club. Yes we've had a lean patch the past few seasons, but it wasn't that long ago that Hawthorn was merging and your debt management was diabolical.

The operations department is trying to address what's wrong with our club, and for the meantime we've had to put our hands out for assistance. Do you think the supporters like it? No we don't. We're the most successful club in Australian sporting history surviving on hand outs and it strikes a sore spot with us all.

If we can get some players in to help change what is the accepted culture then I am all for it. I would hope people of strong moral fibre would be at Port Adelaide and help us dig out of this predicament.

Stop piss farting around and offer something reasonable and this trade will be signed off straight away. The world doesn't revolve around Shaun Burgoyne and Hawthorn.

A few things wrong with that.

1. Lewis is contracted (and we've seen what happens when a contracted player is asked to go to Port). So it wouldn't happen.

2. We don't have a second round draft pick anymore - it went to North (very easy to deal with them)

3. Nobody is offering port ANYTHING near that much, so why would we go anywhere near that offer?

4. Burgoyne is not under contract and wants to leave, therefore decreasing his currency.

You're talking pure talent for talent then maybe you're right. But look at what's available you clown! You're demanding we do a 'reasonable' deal with things we can't offer you! (Contracted players and a 2nd round pick)

You win today's big red shoe award.

Problem is Burgs nominated the Hawks and Port are trying to deny him that wish.

All your supporters are saying we suggested Pick 9 + Campbell Brown is that a fair trade? Yet you say we are not offering decent trades. Which is it now? Infact I think would have been overpaying severely but we can't make players move clubs.

Pick 9 + Lewis, is that fair or reasonable?

On other threads I have suggested Lewis for Burgs straight swap if Lewis was for it. Originally Pick 7 22yo with 4 years development minimal injury issues with 10 years, including his prime, ahead of him in exchange a 26yo game breaker AA but with knee issues and probably 4 years of highly managed playing time ahead but most likely not his prime years due to injury management. Would you accept that? I don't think Choco would.

Lewis + pick 9 laughable. Williams is being a dick and overrating Burgs massively.

At the end of trade week I hope our Mark Williams comes in and does the choke gesture to your list managers at The Dome. Nick Stevens, Carr and now this.

A few things wrong with that.

1. Lewis is contracted (and we've seen what happens when a contracted player is asked to go to Port). So it wouldn't happen.

2. We don't have a second round draft pick anymore - it went to North (very easy to deal with them)

3. Nobody is offering port ANYTHING near that much, so why would we go anywhere near that offer?

4. Burgoyne is not under contract and wants to leave, therefore decreasing his currency.

You're talking pure talent for talent then maybe you're right. But look at what's available you clown! You're demanding we do a 'reasonable' deal with things we can't offer you! (Contracted players and a 2nd round pick)

You win today's big red shoe award.
1. You asked me what was fair. I gave you an answer. Does that mean it will eventuate? No.
2. That's why I said maybe you spent.
3. Prove it.
4. Josh Carr was out of contract in 2004. Fremantle was very easy to deal with.
5. Campbell Brown was contracted and you offered him to us, knowing well he would probably say no. That still means you offered him to Port Adelaide. Therefore you can offer a contracted player and that makes you look stupid for saying you can't.

You really don't get it do you?

The facts are Burgoyne is going and you cannot stop him.

And presumably we have offered pick 9 and you want a player as well.

Well you have 2 choices get a better offer from someone (if you can) or take the risk we won't increase our offer and burgoyne goes into the draft and you get nothing.

And forget this BS about port redrafting him - that would be an absolute disaster for the club effectively using pick 8 & 9 to drafta player who doesn't want to play for you and could stand out of football for a year as a result.

BTW we won a flag without burgoyne - have experienced and up and coming midfielders and will be able to use pick 9 elsewhere if we don't trade him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back