Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Peter Rohde on 3aw NOW

All your supporters are saying we suggested Pick 9 + Campbell Brown is that a fair trade?

I think we are being done if that is true and overpaying severely.

Pick 9 + Lewis, is that fair or reasonable?

On other threads I have suggested Lewis for Burgs straight swap if Lewis was for it. Originally Pick 7 22yo with 4 years development minimal injury issues with 10 years, including his prime, ahead of him in exchange a 26yo game breaker AA but with knee issues and probably 4 years of highly managed playing time ahead but most likely not his prime years due to injury management. Would you accept that? I don't think Choco would.

Lewis + pick 9 laughable. Williams is being a dick and overrating Burgs massively.
Pick 9 + Lewis would probably be over-paying as I rate Lewis very very highly. As I've made mention of, I'd be pleased with a straight swap, of which some of your brethren can't seem to get a grip on.

If it's a player + a draft pick, it has to be someone young with a bundle of potential. That's why Schoenmakers would be thrown out there. He may or may not become a good player, but it serves Ports need for perceived quality obtained for Burgoyne. Schoenmakers might turn out to be a spud, but both sides can leave the table believing they've done OK out of the deal.

The simple fact is, pick 9 alone is simply not good enough for Burgoyne.

All your supporters are saying we suggested Pick 9 + Campbell Brown is that a fair trade?

I think we are being done if that is true and overpaying severely.

Pick 9 + Lewis, is that fair or reasonable?

On other threads I have suggested Lewis for Burgs straight swap if Lewis was for it. Originally Pick 7 22yo with 4 years development minimal injury issues with 10 years, including his prime, ahead of him in exchange a 26yo game breaker AA but with knee issues and probably 4 years of highly managed playing time ahead but most likely not his prime years due to injury management. Would you accept that? I don't think Choco would.

Lewis + pick 9 laughable. Williams is being a dick and overrating Burgs massively.

At the end of trade week I hope our Mark Williams comes in and does the choke gesture to your list managers at The Dome. Nick Stevens, Carr and now this.

Please quote when port said they wanted Lewis+9

i have a feeling if we were dealing with the crows it would be so much better

they are a much more professional unit... in all departments. power are a joke

why, because we wont roll over and accept some two bit hack like Travis Tuck as fair compensation for one of our top 2-3 players?

As an example, would you accept pick 10 and Tom Logan for Brad Sewell?

1. You asked me what was fair. I gave you an answer. Does that mean it will eventuate? No.
2. That's why I said maybe you spent.
3. Prove it.
4. Josh Carr was out of contract in 2004. Fremantle was very easy to deal with.
5. Campbell Brown was contracted and you offered him to us, knowing well he would probably say no. That still means you offered him to Port Adelaide. Therefore you can offer a contracted player and that makes you look stupid for saying you can't.

Prove it.

Here's how I see it.

Port notice Brown is not on untouchable list, port said "What about C. Brown and pick 9?"

We'll think about it but you have to talk to Brown first to see if he'll move and even then Brown and pick 9 is a high price. Let us know what he says and we'll have a chat.

Rhode runs out of the meeting calls Campbell Brown and Campbell is shocked but he tells PA where to shove, Rhode gets emotional at the rejection and then following Mark Williams example before he left on holidays, runs to the media to tell the world when he realises the relevant people haven't warned Brown that the call might have been coming.

Please quote when port said they wanted Lewis+9

Mark Williams said himself that he talked to Lewis and wanted him, would have started high and asked for Lewis and pick 9. It was not quoted but inferred.

Please quote when Hawthorn said they would give Port C.Brown and pick 9.

Prove it.

Here's how I see it.

Port notice Brown is not on untouchable list, port said "What about C. Brown and pick 9?"

We'll think about it but you have to talk to Brown first to see if he'll move and even then Brown and pick 9 is a high price. Let us know what he says and we'll have a chat.

Rhode runs out of the meeting calls Campbell Brown and Campbell is shocked but he tells PA where to shove, Rhode gets emotional at the rejection and then following Mark Williams example before he left on holidays, runs to the media to tell the world when he realises the relevant people haven't warned Brown that the call might have been coming.
Ok, so Peter Rohde has been on radio, on record directly lying has he and you're offering your interpretation?

It's not hard FFS, even Mal Brown confirmed on 5AA what Rohde had said about hawks putting him up for trading and he rejected it to stay in Melbourne. God you will believe anything that comes out of kennetts mouth, If he told you that man didnt land on the moon you guys would actually believe him, get a grip!

Funny how noone involved in the actual trade talk has denied that Brown was offered. It was only Kennett saying "As far as I know we didn't offer him up". As far as he knows. Thats really strong evidence there. Also funny how in the statement released yesterday, it was 'Brown has confirmed his commitment to Hawthorn' and not the other way around.

Funny how noone involved in the actual trade talk has denied that Brown was offered. It was only Kennett saying "As far as I know we didn't offer him up". As far as he knows. Thats really strong evidence there. Also funny how in the statement released yesterday, it was 'Brown has confirmed his commitment to Hawthorn' and not the other way around.

Unlike Rhode and Williams our list managers leave negotiations in secret and don't write articles revealing actual details of trades in negotiation.

How very, very unprofessional.

Port Adelaide are a complete rabble of a club with no clue. The laughing stock of the AFL at the moment. For F***'s sake... Grow the f*** up!
Interesting perspective, seeing as the reason you had success a couple of years ago was that your club emulated the **** out of what we achieved in 2004 and the years leading up to it.

To the degree of making one of our assistants your head coach, one of our players as an assistant (Hardwick), employing our recruiting guy (Pelchen), and aquiring a number of ex-Port players (Dew, Guerra, Gilham). I'm sure I've missed a few guys.

WoW, count all the Port Adelaide dudes on the hawks board, must be true everybody does want out now, eh, can't blame them, Port Adelaide's like Zimbabwe without the asshattery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm offering my interpretation that infers Peter Rhode has been on record directly lying.

So in other words you have no idea.

Thanks for clearing that up.

why, because we wont roll over and accept some two bit hack like Travis Tuck as fair compensation for one of our top 2-3 players?

As an example, would you accept pick 10 and Tom Logan for Brad Sewell?

Your list must be awful.

The bloke's not won a B&F, been AA only once and having just checked the statistics, has averaged 16.1 disposals per game through-out his career.

Doesn't sound like top 3 material at our club.

In addition, his best seasons were 2006 & 2007, which will be some time ago when 2010 gets underway.

Not seen anything to suggest he is worth more than pick 9. Throwing in Tuck or Morton would be overplaying IMO.

So in other words you have no idea.

Thanks for clearing that up.

No probs.

Didn't stop you guys coming on here telling us about what we supposedly offered but then also we didn't offer anything good.

Our supporters were over emotional at the Brown news, Kennett responded out of turn to quell the revolution and then Rhode let the Kennett thing get to him, didn't see it for what it was, got all emotional and went out in the media to have a whinge about stuff he or his team had already leaked.

Williams started all this with his article and then ran off on holidays leaving Rhode to pick up the mess and he is obviously getting a bit stressed about it.

Simple fact, Mark Williams should not have been offered two more years as coach.

Your list must be awful.

For such a shit list, we only finished below you on % and defeated you twice this year. In fact....youve only beaten us like twice in the past 8 years or so havent you?

The bloke's not won a B&F, been AA only once and having just checked the statistics, has averaged 16.1 disposals per game through-out his career.

Not sure why career disposals has anything to do with anything really considering he hasnt been a career midfielder. If you want a high possession winning leech, I heard Bowden is going pretty cheap.

As an aside, Lewis hasnt gone close to winning a BnF nor has he gone anywhere near making the AA side. Doesnt mean he isnt a very good player though does it?

Your list must be awful.

Doesn't sound like top 3 material at our club.

In addition, his best seasons were 2006 & 2007, which will be some time ago when 2010 gets underway.

Not seen anything to suggest he is worth more than pick 9. Throwing in Tuck or Morton would be overplaying IMO.

Hang on, Awful? For a player who was offered pick 9 and campbell brown he must be pretty decent, and the fact a player of such quality hasnt won a B&F means that hes not one of our better players. How does that mean we have an awful list? Quite the opposite.

Simple fact, Mark Williams should not have been offered two more years as coach.

A fact I agree with, but thats a story for another day!

Hang on, Awful? For a player who was offered pick 9 and campbell brown he must be pretty decent, and the fact a player of such quality hasnt won a B&F means that hes not one of our better players. How does that mean we have an awful list? Quite the opposite.
That's the value Hawthorn themselves set by offering Campbell Brown and pick 9.

As for Mark Williams, well I think you'll find a pretty large split on that topic, one which I'd be happy to discuss until the cows come home in the appropriate forum ;)

What a mess this all is. So does anyone think this will actually get done? Is it even worth all the trouble. Maybe going after Jolly or Mumford would have been better given our ruck issues. Are there any viable options for Port and Burgoyne? Are Essendon or anyone still in the hunt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back