Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

I tuned in late in the day, any reason Hilf wasn't used at all at the death? Clarke not rate him as a chance? Just curious, thought Siddle was outstanding though

Good question. Much was made of Siddle tiring, but I though Lyon was shot too. He started pushing the ball through a little faster rather than keeping his head and tossing them up. He looked much less threatening.

I tuned in late in the day, any reason Hilf wasn't used at all at the death? Clarke not rate him as a chance? Just curious, thought Siddle was outstanding though
Yeah, bit puzzled. For all Siddle's huffing and puffing, we had 2 bowlers bowl more overs then him.

His effort to push through was admirable and 4 wickets impressive but was his output really an remarkable feat?

We desperately need an upgrade on Lyon. The most non-threatening test spinner since Murray Bennett.

Yeah shield cricket is just full of spinners who would roll through high quality test lineups on a flat pitch.

lyons control and economy in the first innings was one of the reasons we were able to set them such a big target.

Yeah shield cricket is just full of spinners who would roll through high quality test lineups on a flat pitch.

lyons control and economy in the first innings was one of the reasons we were able to set them such a big target.
Where did I say we had one? We need to find one. Hence the desperation. Lyon is rubbish - Australia's answer to Ashley Giles. I know it, you know it, the Carpathians knew it.

I got home at 5, and watched the last hour.

Can somebody explain why a clearly deceased Peter Siddle kept being deployed Weekend At Bernie's-style?

Was Hilfenhaus injured?

No, Clarke probably finally realised that South Africa aren't India and actually want to win away from home and that Hilfenhuas is nothing but a predictable up & down, pop-gun bowler, that had been exposed by a quality opposition that was actually trying.

Big effort today, but proved why he's not a spearhead at this level.

Hilfenhack on the other hand once again proved why he's not a test-quality bowler - period. Just as Wade proved likewise in the wicketkeeping department. Come back Haddin, all is forgiven. Bet yet - Paine, Triffit or Neville.

We desperately need an upgrade on Lyon. The most non-threatening test spinner since Murray Bennett.
i wont comment on the other 3 but haddins doing the same thing as wade with the gloves ,2 missed stumpings and dropped an easy catch in last 2 one dayers for blues.

Where did I say we had one? We need to find one. Hence the desperation. Lyon is rubbish - Australia's answer to Ashley Giles. I know it, you know it, the Carpathians knew it.

Actually for a 24 year old non chucking offie he's progressing nicely, when he was picked out of obscurity we would have been over the moon if we were told he would take 50 wickets@29 to start his career.

No, Clarke probably finally realised that South Africa aren't India and actually want to win away from home and that Hilfenhuas is nothing but a predictable up & down, pop-gun bowler, that had been exposed by a quality opposition that was actually trying.

What is this crap about finding a world-class spin bowler? Do you really think that CA haven't actually thought about that at all? I think Lyon is an inexperienced bowler, is improving and was pretty much shattered by the end of the match. Even much more experienced test class spin bowlers have found it difficult taking wickets in Australia.

Hilfy is a worry. For his level of experience and supposed ability to make the ball do something, he's been in a shitpile of games where the Aussies just don't finish a team off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big call imo. Steyn is a better bowler but Siddle has more heart.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that either.

You cannot help but salute Siddle for his efforts though.

Unfortunately, whether he'll be fit for Perth is up for debate.

As for Hilfenhaus, it's no surprise that he was disappointing; the conditions didn't really suit him. He was also (relatively) less impressive in Adelaide in January this year too.

it's almost as if wade and haddin are pretty much the same person, bar age and exp.......

Actually that works in Wade's favour - at least Wade has a good chance of improving. Haddin doesn't.

I don't mean to compare Wade to them, but even Rod Marsh and Ian Healy weren't as good as they would later be when they were Wade's age.

it's almost as if wade and haddin are pretty much the same person, bar age and exp.......

They are pretty much as they are both chosen for their batting. Hey, you aren't going to find many West Aussies disagreeing with you about his keeping skills, he seems to have performed at his absolute worst against WA when he's played in domestic matches. The community radio bunch that cover all WA matches think he is shite as a keeper, only they put it more politely.

It's why I'm so surprised that Paine is always high in the estimation of CA as keeping is his strong point, not batting.

My thinking is that Wade can improve with his keeping, I think he already has to some extent, and would keep his head a bit better with the bat than Haddin will. He's rescued Vic a lot with the bat in his first class career.

Hope he can back-up for the decider after such a short turn around.

You better believe it.

Steady on. Good solid honest bowler.

Definitely one of the best. At least on par with Steyn. Stuart Broad from England is also a very good bowler who should be right up there in considerations when talking about the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back