Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty crap OP really...

He has developed some class now and I suggest with the direction of the new bowling coach has helped immensely.

But he has always been a work-horse with a massive heart and has often bowled well without luck.

Now he is reaping the awards for that workrate/attitude and I couldn't be happier for the bloke.

Hopefully plenty of more poles left in him.

Onya SIDDS!!:thumbsu:

This, just last year he took a Hatrick in the first ashes test and the team couldn't capitalise.

He seems like a confidence bowler and he has plenty of it at the moment

"right arm poo" I must admit i thought the term was hilarious when i first read it here many moons ago. Its a term of endearment now - tongue firmly in cheek. Personally I am happy to see the bloke do well sounds like the OP is aswell.

As a big critic, he has turned himself into an enforcer bowling a good line, length. skills and with the work on his fitness at 6-7 kph faster too consistently making him intimidating with his style of bowling. Now getting wickets without throwing up "4 balls" once an over.

Well done to him.

Pretty crap OP really...

He has developed some class now and I suggest with the direction of the new bowling coach has helped immensely.

But he has always been a work-horse with a massive heart and has often bowled well without luck.

Now he is reaping the awards for that workrate/attitude and I couldn't be happier for the bloke.

Hopefully plenty of more poles left in him.

Onya SIDDS!!:thumbsu:

Yep! From a loser who deservedly got red carded.

You hit the mark with your post RIOLIUSTAR.:thumbsu:

Onya Sids, clearly someone who loves putting on that baggy green cap & going out there and trying his best for the country!

And for those who call his bowling right arm poo I wouldn't mind seeing you facing him in the nets & then tell me what you think of him!!! ;)

He always had this sort of potential. From the first time I saw him at the Bushrangers I knew he'd make a good fist of international cricket. He finally has his body in the right condition and some good coaching is helping too. Not to mention the far better support he is getting right now.

Onya Sids :thumbsu:

What a difference it makes when bowlers are applying pressure from both ends. The absence of Mitchell Johnson has made sure batsmen can't just wait for his regular bad balls to come along.

Good stuff, Sids.:thumbsu:

Absolutely spot on about MJ.

I think Siddle can end up having a test career as good as Big Merv who took over 200 test wickets at 28 after a very shaky start. Both Victorians who took hat tricks early in their test careers as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll reserve my complete judgement until the end of the series (since consistency is definitely the key), but so far all the signs are good!

The self-belief from Sids, Patto and Hilf at the moment is great. Getting hit for 4 through the covers/gully doesn't phase them, since the results usually come with persistence.

Who would have thought that the great man would get Tendulkar out twice (including bowling him through the gate) on the biggest stage at the MCG?

McDermott has been a godsend.

Johnson will never play Test cricket again.

Thank God.
This is now an absolute certainty. Johnson is so far down the pecking order and now the wrong side of 30 can't see him getting back without a miracle reversal of his form over the last few years.

Is now behind
Pattison
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Harris
Cummins
Starc
Copeland
Bollinger

and probably also behind
A. McDermott
Nesser
Faulkner
Cutting
Hazelwood

This is now an absolute certainty. Johnson is so far down the pecking order and now the wrong side of 30 can't see him getting back without a miracle reversal of his form over the last few years.

Is now behind
Pattison
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Harris
Cummins
Starc
Copeland
Bollinger

and probably also behind
A. McDermott
Nesser
Faulkner
Cutting
Hazelwood

and probably behind C McDermott as well....

Why do people always come out and "lol" at the OP in these threads? He said he needed to step up against quality batsmen and it's fair to say we all wanted that to happen. Thankfully it eventuated and our bowling stocks are now stronger.

Nothing wrong with the OP, better than being a hindsight hero.

Nothing wrong with the OP, better than being a hindsight hero.

:confused: OP implied Siddle was rubbish. I disagreed roughly 7 hours later. I'm just rubbing it in that I was right and they were wrong. :cool:

Childish I will admit, but hindsight hero? We clearly have different definitions of the term.

He was pretty rubbish though?

Great to see he's turned the corner, I wonder how much if it is due to McDermott's influence on him, and how much is due to Johnson no longer being in the side...
Bit of both I think. He's now pitching the ball up further which gives it more chance to swing. Also no longer has the problem of Johnson being brought on to pick up cheap wickets to make him look better.

Really loved the footage of the quicks walking off at the first innings, the four were last men off the field joking about who was to go off first. They really seem to be a close nit group, who have faith in each other and enjoy the fact that the captain isn't playing favourites.

He still needs to improve his bowling to the tail to an extent and it's probably the reason he's not getting the bags the other bowlers are getting. 13 of his 16 wickets this series have been top order batsmen (15/16 if you count Ashwin as a decent batsman).

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Siddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back