Peter Wright vs Brodie Grundy

Who would you take

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well people just came out here and called Grundy a Hack with nothing behind it:rolleyes:

TBH I could never understand why a Collingwood supporter would start a thread like this and pick these players, they are basically opposites in terms of ruckman and then not get the response you like so they come in droves telling people they are wrong. The comments I have read in here to justify Grundy being better is on his exposed AFL form which makes no friggen sense when comparing to a kid yet to be drafted!!!!!!!!

Now Pies fans, wipe the sand out of your crutches and go back and use Grundy's TAC and u/18's form as the comparison and then post logical replies. All the comments about best 20 yo ruck and most games played for a 20yo ruck are not relevant to the OP's question.

TBH I could never understand why a Collingwood supporter would start a thread like this and pick these players, they are basically opposites in terms of ruckman and then not get the response you like so they come in droves telling people they are wrong. The comments I have read in here to justify Grundy being better is on his exposed AFL form which makes no friggen sense when comparing to a kid yet to be drafted!!!!!!!!

Now Pies fans, wipe the sand out of your crutches and go back and use Grundy's TAC and u/18's form as the comparison and then post logical replies. All the comments about best 20 yo ruck and most games played for a 20yo ruck are not relevant to the OP's question.

I don’t know why PieMan started this thread. You need to ask him that Question.

Well Grundy has played AFL and played some good games but Wright only has played Junior Footy

It's pretty hard to call so early, both were considered potential top 5 picks and both will likely have fallen much lower due to clubs reluctance to pick 200cm+ guys with top picks. You won't be able to get much of a read on them until 4-5 years down the track since big guys take so long to mature. (Hence why clubs are reluctant to pick them up with first round picks in the first place...)

He was severely overrated coming into 2014, with a lot of Pies fans suggesting he'd be a lock for the rising star etc. And he disappointed - simple.

People aren't bagging him just because he is a collingwood player, as you are suggesting

I agree with this, he was hyped up so much that he couldn't live up to the hype.
People were saying he would be one of the afls best rucks, that was never going to happen in his second season and wont in his third or fouth either. Over time, who knows.

My opinion, I dont agree he disappointed because I didnt expect him to do what everyone else did. His development as a forward will take longer than first expected, however his work in the ruck is going very well minus some stupid free kicks.

Wright will have the same problem with people saying he is shit because people are hyping him up to be something he's not.

Grundys stats are hard to find, if you can find some please post them. I did find these ones.
Grundys averages.
Dis: 15 eff: 72%
Goals 2
Hit adv. 24 per game
Sc: 130
Also a dual All Australian

His best games were better than wrights best, I've already posted up stats from grundys best and it is better far better than Wrights best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his prime? Yeah, nah.

Campbell's far more developed than Grundy, but it's laughable to suggest he's in his prime.

He's no good. He's easily sucked in by sledging/wrestling and gives away free kicks, he lumbers around the ground with no apparent purpose for the most part, and he provides almost nothing aside from his physical presence and the occasional mark and goal. I don't buy the development line, either. He doesn't have the right attitude.

I'd take Witts before Grundy. Witts shows courage, works to create opportunities for his teammates, bothers to influence the contest, and to cap it off, he doesn't get drawn into petty squabbles with the opposition.

This is what I think too. I copped it on the Cats board because our rucks stocks are shit too and you have a few in our group that still whinge that we didn't get Grundy, but I think it was the right decision for us.

Our stocks are still bottom 4, but Grundy wasn't an instant solution for our rucks anyway and wasn't meant to be.

This is what I think too. I copped it on the Cats board because our rucks stocks are shit too and you have a few in our group that still whinge that we didn't get Grundy, but I think it was the right decision for us.

Our stocks are still bottom 4, but Grundy wasn't an instant solution for our rucks anyway and wasn't meant to be.
It's hard to say. We haven't seen much of Thurlow at AFL level yet, due to a few little injuries that have prevented him from building any momentum, but he seemed to adjust well to the standard.

I'm not sure about Simpson (think he belongs in a bygone era, to be honest), but McIntosh and Blicavs have been okay. Stanley's not much good, but at least he can chop out for them.

While there was some hype around Grundy in his draft year, so much of the whinging is done with the benefit of hindsight. Dogs supporters were happy with Matt Fuller at 42 in the 2013 draft, until he was struck down by injury and had a horror year in the VFL. Ben Brown (Pick 47) had a fantastic second half of the year and kicked 4 goals against Essendon in the elimination final - cue the whinging because we missed out on a big guy.

It's hard to say. We haven't seen much of Thurlow at AFL level yet, due to a few little injuries that have prevented him from building any momentum, but he seemed to adjust well to the standard.

I'm not sure about Simpson (think he belongs in a bygone era, to be honest), but McIntosh and Blicavs have been okay. Stanley's not much good, but at least he can chop out for them.

While there was some hype around Grundy in his draft year, so much of the whinging is done with the benefit of hindsight. Dogs supporters were happy with Matt Fuller at 42 in the 2013 draft, until he was struck down by injury and had a horror year in the VFL. Ben Brown (Pick 47) had a fantastic second half of the year and kicked 4 goals against Essendon in the elimination final - cue the whinging because we missed out on a big guy.

Thurlow for me was a bit of a head scratcher because he came from left field and I thought there was better draftees available. (though I'm obviously no expert) and I don't think he really filled a need at the time.

As for rucks I would rather us just draft a ready made ruck (same with KPD) and let someone else take the risk with them lol.

I think Wrights more of a footballer and Grundys more of an athlete. Wright has the scope of a Cox potentially but Grundy could be such a physical handful that could be AA one year when he's figured it all out

That'd be Tom Campbell who was 22 all this season. Hardly in his prime.

Well, I can’t 100% Follow every player in the Comp and one who is Boarderline Best 22.

Campbell Body was lot bigger then Grundy’s and that showed during that game

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright vs Brodie Grundy

Back