Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

You too Gabbie and everyone else here :)

Although I don't think Jack isn't really into the Christmas spirit.....

20111213190631.jpg

He doesn't look all that impressed lol

Ha Ha LoL, Poor Jack, don't blame him. Not a happy camper. I had to bribe my two for this pic by holding a schmacko or two up in the air.

december182010002.jpg

Merry Christmas to all pets and peeps, have loved this thread, hope it keeps going well in to the new year.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Go Roos

Merry Christmas to all pets and peeps, have loved this thread, hope it keeps going well in to the new year.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Go Roos

Same to you and yours Baz. Totally agree with your sentiments there.

An Archer update - Yesterday he went in for a CT Scan and operation to remove the tumour. They wouldn't have operated if there were signs of it having metastesized (spread). No signs of that so they went ahead, removing a portion of his lower jaw and the entire offending growth.

He came through the op well and is in good spirits today. I brought him home this arvo after quadruple mortgaging the family home to pay for the surgery. It's worth every cent of course. He's in an Elizabethan Collar for a week minimum, and can't be active at all for a couple of weeks. He's also on medication to ward off infection and is learning a new way to eat. He'll never have hard food or bones again but he should be ok, touch wood and as long as no recurrence or secondaries occur. He'll also be undergoing intensive chemotherapy for a week in a fortnight. The surgeon's bloody amazing!

The main point is, we've saved his life as he was in deep poo a week ago, having been written off by the vets.

Like his namesake, he's back! (albeit a little beaten around the chops)

385973_10150433054402108_582002107_8938599_175147465_n.jpg

If, and I hope this never occurs, you ever find yourself in deep shit with a beloved dog/cat having been written off due to cancer, don't give up till you've checked out Dr Charles K untz at www.southpaws.com.au The man's a freak! :thumbsu:

Same to you and yours Baz. Totally agree with your sentiments there.

An Archer update - Yesterday he went in for a CT Scan and operation to remove the tumour. They wouldn't have operated if there were signs of it having metastesized (spread). No signs of that so they went ahead, removing a portion of his lower jaw and the entire offending growth.

He came through the op well and is in good spirits today. I brought him home this arvo after quadruple mortgaging the family home to pay for the surgery. It's worth every cent of course. He's in an Elizabethan Collar for a week minimum, and can't be active at all for a couple of weeks. He's also on medication to ward off infection and is learning a new way to eat. He'll never have hard food or bones again but he should be ok, touch wood and as long as no recurrence or secondaries occur. He'll also be undergoing intensive chemotherapy for a week in a fortnight. The surgeon's bloody amazing!

The main point is, we've saved his life as he was in deep poo a week ago, having been written off by the vets.

Like his namesake, he's back! (albeit a little beaten around the chops)

385973_10150433054402108_582002107_8938599_175147465_n.jpg

If, and I hope this never occurs, you ever find yourself in deep shit with a beloved dog/cat having been written off due to cancer, don't give up till you've checked out Dr Charles K untz at www.southpaws.com.au The man's a freak! :thumbsu:

Fantastic news TT:D. Have really been wanting to ask how Archer was going, but was afraid to bring it up lest you had bad news and didn't want to upset you by prying. Hope he continues to recover strongly, he obviously has a loving family that will help him pull through.

Fantastic news TT:D. Have really been wanting to ask how Archer was going, but was afraid to bring it up lest you had bad news and didn't want to upset you by prying. Hope he continues to recover strongly, he obviously has a loving family that will help him pull through.

Cheers Baz. I know what you mean about being unsure to ask. I'd be the same. I also don't want to turn this thread into anything sad when it's been such a positively uplifting thread thus far.

All's good for now. Literally back from the dead is Arch.

Not out of the woods yet but that is ****en awesome news! You can't put a dollar value on ya pets, if they can get the help needed then you just do it. This bit of news has made my day!

He certainly living up to his name :thumbsu: Well done and keep fighting Arch.

Keep posting any updates TT.

Cheers Dan, will do. The best news was when they told me when they woke him from his anesthetic, back in recovery, he spied two birds at the window of the place so he raced towards the window to scare them off. He's a fighter and they were rapt to see him full of (Shinboner) spirit right away as well, although he's meant to be taking things very easy for awhile. Off to Adelaide for us for the next couple of days and the girl minding the house has been worded up on everything Arch needs. On hols after that so I'll be giving the little bloke my undivided attention in his hour of need. At the bare minimum we're hoping this will extend his life from 7 to double digits, and hopefully beyond. Fingers crossed! The house felt so friggin empty without him around, as all pet owners who've lost a beloved four legged family member would know. Every moment's precious!

Cheers Baz. I know what you mean about being unsure to ask. I'd be the same. I also don't want to turn this thread into anything sad when it's been such a positively uplifting thread thus far.

Best news I've heard in a long time TT.:thumbsu: I am so happy for you and your family and of course, Arch!! What a great early Chrissy present, sure beats any gadgets that Santa may bring.

I'm sure those of us who post on this thread were like me, willing him along and thinking of you.

Before you know it he'll be chasing birds and lizards and doing those crazy things dogs do to amuse us and make us smile.

Although everyone else would be mindfull and considerate in not asking, I would encourage all of us to post the sad events also. It would be hard I'm sure, in times of worry, pain and grief, to post here (probably the last thing in mind), but it's obvious from posts in this thread that there would be sympathy and solace from others here.

Pet ownership, as we all know, is a rich mixture of the best and worst of times (mirrors life in general, I guess). Besides, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someones pet performed some crazy deed or other to get us back on the positively uplifting track again.

Although everyone else would be mindfull and considerate in not asking, I would encourage all of us to post the sad events also. It would be hard I'm sure, in times of worry, pain and grief, to post here (probably the last thing in mind), but it's obvious from posts in this thread that there would be sympathy and solace from others here.

Pet ownership, as we all know, is a rich mixture of the best and worst of times (mirrors life in general, I guess). Besides, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someones pet performed some crazy deed or other to get us back on the positively uplifting track again.

Agree SB.:)

Reminds me of the time when I got the dogs my mum ringing me to say "now don't get to attached as they don't live forever". errrrr who rang me when her Golden Retriever of 15 years went to doggie heaven bawling her eyes out. Mums, huh, don't want anything bad to happen to their kids even though we're grown up. Actually missing my Mum this weekend, she passed away in April this year. O well, I can hear her "move on girl, life goes on".

Mine aren't getting any younger and I'm going to miss those early (5.30 a.m) wake up "whines" and an expectant excited face looming up next to mine while I lie there in bed wanting walkies.

Have just read on the GoldCoast Bulletin website, about the story of a man who got his dog back after 10yrs..

Apparently she went missing in a severe storm all those years ago....he looked for her for months, then eventually gave up..

The RSPCA raided a place recently, after being told she was caged in the back of a ute, only let out to relieve herself....

Original owner had had her microchipped when she was a puppy and luckily when he later moved house, he didn't change his phone number...they were able to trace him and reunite the two..

I thought that was a lovely story right on xmas.........and might I say that I also have enjoyed this thread, your stories and photos have been a joy to read..

Xmas cheers to all..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to you and Mrs TT for forking out the big bucks, TT :thumbsu:.

What a Christmas present you've given Archer and it's also a gift of love that you have shared with us.

Sounds a bit soppy but animal lovers will know what I'm trying to say.

Have just read on the GoldCoast Bulletin website, about the story of a man who got his dog back after 10yrs..

Apparently she went missing in a severe storm all those years ago....he looked for her for months, then eventually gave up..

The RSPCA raided a place recently, after being told she was caged in the back of a ute, only let out to relieve herself....

Original owner had had her microchipped when she was a puppy and luckily when he later moved house, he didn't change his phone number...they were able to trace him and reunite the two..

I thought that was a lovely story right on xmas.........and might I say that I also have enjoyed this thread, your stories and photos have been a joy to read..

Xmas cheers to all..

That's a good to hear, I probably would of lost hope after a year.

Day before the hurricane hit Queensland, people were evacuated to various schools, centers etc and obviously they weren't allowed to bring pets. I for one couldn't leave me pets at home, I would have stayed.

Xmas cheers to all..

Same to you, MacMum.

I saw an episode of the Dog Whisperer where he and his team were still trying to find the old owners or new homes for dogs that had been separated during the floods in New Orleans a couple of years back.

We'll be battening down the hatches on New Year's Eve. Some of our pets hate the fireworks. We're a long way from the action but we still get the noise.

And thunder and lightning. Our neighbours lost their Rotty bitch after a recent electrical storm while they were away. We searched for her in the rain, and on and off for a couple more days, without luck.

They got their dog back a fortnight later from the Lost Dogs Home next door to Arden St. Thats about 60 kms.

Not sure how she got there. Maybe transferred from the local pound???

Day before the hurricane hit Queensland, people were evacuated to various schools, centers etc and obviously they weren't allowed to bring pets. I for one couldn't leave me pets at home, I would have stayed.

Same here, Dan. We're going to herd them all together in a safe (hopefully?) area and hope they get on until the threat passes.

Do you mean Cyclone Yasi Dan???

Fortunately for me my two snored their heads off during most of it, they were on the floor next to my bed while I was in bed listening to the wind, sounded like trains going past, shitting myself A friend asked me did I want to come to her house in town with them but the logistics of putting my two with muzzles on (a nightmare in itself) on the ferry, with probably a stack of other dogs, out the back with rough seas, didn't thrill me and I know they would have only been allowed into her laundry. Much better to stay at home. It's a tough call even deciding whether to stay or not, trust me. I was worried about the horses from the horse riding ranch near my place and someone told me they were let out into the paddock which backs onto the hills at the back and would have headed for shelter of sorts amongst the trees there, believe all came home safe and sound. Not so safe for a lot of koalas on Maggie, but tis nature I guess.

Mine have only heard fire works once while they have been with me and there was no drama, maybe because I was home. I'm chilling out with friends at home on NYE just in case. Can't see the point in fireworks myself, waste of money and it upsets the dogs.

A few more random pics of our pets.

Max (2004)

4770382555_316f58aafe_z.jpg

Marvin (2010)

5213199041_eb2c139531_z.jpg

Archie (2010)

5110336020_28cb5dc155_z.jpg

That's nearly all of my pet pics on flickr, will have to add/take more in the new year! http://www.flickr.com/photos/bpolden/

Just had a click on your flickr page Baz, some really good pics of Arch in the water :thumbsu:

Jack's Christmas......

Tennis ball present that lasted less than 5 mintues
20111225092317.jpg

Rolled up cow skin present, yum yum yum
20111225093520.jpg

Burger squishy toy present, I'll give it 2 more days
20111225104509.jpg

Uncle's backyard on Christmas Day. Jack playing with Lloydy (Poodle)
20111225144933.jpg

Good spot to have a rest by the bucket of water.
20111225150556.jpg

On our way home, he is stuffed :p
20111225175052.jpg

Just had a click on your flickr page Baz, some really good pics of Arch in the water :thumbsu:

Jack's Christmas......

20111225092317.jpg

20111225093520.jpg

20111225104509.jpg

20111225144933.jpg

20111225150556.jpg

20111225175052.jpg

Ha, tennis balls don't last around here either,nor other balls, we have many bits of flat rubber and leather that can now be thrown like a frisby, but Archie still thinks they are balls and brings 'em back. We once bought an "indestructable" tennis size hard rubber ball - lasted 1 1/2 hours.:(

Those rolled up cow skin/rawhide bone things are good for their teeth, they used to last for days when Archie was a puppy, now 10-15 mins pulls it up (Marvin takes a lot longer;)).

Ha, tennis balls don't last around here either,nor other balls, we have many bits of flat rubber and leather that can now be thrown like a frisby, but Archie still thinks they are balls and brings 'em back. We once bought an "indistructable" tennis size hard rubber ball - lasted 1 1/2 hours.:(

:D Ditto. I bought two very thick bouncy rubber balls shaped like a small footballs that mine will chase if they feel like it but not happy they can't destroy it. Friend from Melbourne (big north fans as well) came up to visit and brought them a ball, soccer ball size, with a band around it with 8 inch or so plaited rope things hanging off it, errrr those ropes, about 8 of them, lasted all of a few days, thank you Bonnie. Now I try to kick it around the yard for them to chase, but most the time their heart isn't in it, not sports fans my dogs.
Those rolled up cow skin/rawhide bone things are good for their teeth, they used to last for days when Archie was a puppy, now 10-15 mins pulls it up (Marvin takes a lot longer;)).

Must give them a road test, though with Clyde he would last the same as Archie but Bonnie would probably bury hers after a while then Clyde would go and look for it, he has OCD when it comes to food. :eek:

Speaking of toys, I bought them a couple of squeaky toys when I first had the dogs but they lasted all of 2 days. Move forward to recently on Dog Whisperer episode, errrr duh me, seems the squeak to them is "kill".

Jack's Christmas......

20111225092317.jpg

20111225093520.jpg

20111225104509.jpg

20111225144933.jpg

20111225150556.jpg

20111225175052.jpg

Looks like Jack had a huge day.:thumbsu: Errrrrr poodle called, Lloydy, hmmmm.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back