News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Tragic beyond words.

Condolences and thoughts to all family, AFC persons and supporters.

A loss not just to them, but to the entire AFL community.

Sad sad day.

RIP Phil Walsh.

I very, very rarely post on here, but I'll ask all BF members to change their avatar for this weekends round as a show of
respect to Phil, his family & the Adelaide Football Club.

The best pic is on page 21, post #502........over to you lads.

It really would be something else if we all did this for a few days......a BF salute of sorts.

i think this the first time I have felt real shock and it sucks
I know? WTF? Shows how much connection we have to our team - explains why I shout so hard at the umpires through the TV !!

I actually think I understand how people felt with Lady Di. That didn't touch me at all - I didn't understand the way people were taking it so personally, but I never had a connection to her being a stern anti-royalist.

This is really something that I need to deal with.

I must say I do feel a real connection to the club right now, I feel like I am part of the group.

Just popped in to offer my sincere condolences to all concerned and to the Adelaide Football club, this is truly a tragic event. I am lost for word and am struggling to comprehend just what has happened.

Hello

I'll be honest and say I have no love for the Crows.

I could never have imagined I'd cry at a loss suffered by the AFC.

This morning, I cried.

This is a tragedy at all levels, for your club, for our competition and AFL/football community, for society, but most importantly for the Walsh family.

RIP Phil Walsh, condolences to his wife, daughter, family, friends, anyone associated with your club or any club he has been involved with.
And hopefully his son can one day comprehend what has happened.

Hell, I'd be happy to see my team run out in Crows colours on Sat night, or at least Beveridge wear a Crows match day top during our game. In fact I'd like to see every senior coach this weekend (if games are played) wear a Crows match day top with "WALSH" on the back.

Good luck to you all, this is a time for the Australian football community to share the grief, and embrace each other.

Ivan Rassmussen

It's 2:48am here in South Africa, and i never expected to start crying when i wake up to check the time.

Been lying here for about 40 minutes now unable to process what to do.
Nickinoo would be on a plane about now wouldn't she?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm shattered.

When I think that we won't hear or see Walshy anymore I think is this real or just a bloody nightmare that I can't seem to get out of.

Then I think if I feel like this, how must his wife feel. Even worse for her that it was their son who has condemned her and all of us to feel as we do.

RIP Walshy. You will be sadly missed and always be remembered for the quality person and football identity that you were.

I think I can speak for all from the Cats board in saying all involved at the Crows and those that support them have our heart felt condolences. It is shocking news that puts everything else into perspective.

Best wishes.

R.I.P. Phil Walsh.

I know? WTF? Shows how much connection we have to our team - explains why I shout so hard at the umpires through the TV !!

I actually think I understand how people felt with Lady Di. That didn't touch me at all - I didn't understand the way people were taking it so personally, but I never had a connection to her being a stern anti-royalist.

This is really something that I need to deal with.

I must say I do feel a real connection to the club right now, I feel like I am part of the group.

When Diana died I had an English guy living with me. The shock and grief he was feeling I could not comprehend. My friend and I laughed at him at the time. Yeah, it must have been a feeling similar to this, the poor bugger.

I can think of 3 deaths that have shocked me in my life - my uncle when I was young and his kids even younger, a guy at work who hanged himself and someone I knew died in the Bali bombings - this is the 4th.

The BF family and football family in general will rally hard for Phil, his family, the AFC and everyone affected.

Jesus Christ..... I've got no idea how to react to this. This is just horrible.

I'm so sorry for his loved ones.... and hope against hope that it's not his son.

Just awful, horrible news.

He's been formally charged with murder.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back