News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Driving to a job here in Rockingham WA, just drove past a little suburban Deli with RIP Phil Walsh written on a chalk board out the front. Then get to the job and an old fella here asks me if I had heard the terrible news and what a tragedy it was (not realising I'm a Crows fan.) Seems to be touching every corner of the footy world.

On behalf of everyone from the swans board RIP Phil Walsh. Its just disgusting and I feel nauseous thinking about it. I admired Phils work at the crows and his passion for the game. Stay strong guys, thoughts are with you as well as the family.

I'm still pinching myself, cannot believe what i am hearing. My thoughts go out to your amazing football club and the family and friends of Phil Walsh. The entire football community is in shock and will band together to mourn the tragic loss of a truly inspirational figure. All the best for the remainder of the season guys, I'm sure the Crows will make him proud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you think about a lot of things, I got a bit mad with my two year old son before I heard the news this morning, have felt like an arse even since and just want to get home from work and give the little fella a big hug.

Sorry for the intrusion at this time I just want to pay my sincere condolences to the Phil Walsh family, the players and people who knew Phil and all you guys/girls, its just a terrible terrible thing thats happened to your coach. Thinking of you all and Vale Phil Walsh.

What's also saddening is that his legacy is in limbo. We'll never know if he could have took us to the finals, or even a premiership. We'll never know what his potential could have been. This may sound harsh, but at least John McCarthy's death was at the end of the season, when a chapter of his life had been closed. This is just... smashing through the middle of everything.

I don't mind how we go for the rest of the season - sure I'd love us to make the finals and even go further - but I don't think anyone could really blame the players and staff at the club if we bottom out.

It's great seeing the support from all the different clubs, though it's cruelly ironic that death is one of our best uniters.

Last edited:
I've been sitting at my computer for 15 mins trying to find the words to write, but everything just feels so empty right now. My heart goes out to Meredith Walsh. You poor woman. So sad.

What's most saddening is that his legacy is in limbo. We'll never know if he could have took us to the finals, or even a premiership. We'll never know what his potential could have been. This may sound harsh, but at least John McCarthy's death was at the end of the season, when a chapter of his life had been closed. This is just... smashing through the middle of everything.

I don't mind how we go for the rest of the season - sure I'd love us to make the finals and even go further - but I don't think anyone could really blame the players and staff at the club if we bottom out.

It's great seeing the support from all the different clubs, though it's cruelly ironic that death is one of our best uniters.

I think what's most saddening, is that a man has lost his life under a tragic set of circumstances that are sure to completely rip his family apart.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back