Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton Give: TDK, Pick 4, Future second round pick, Future 3rd round pick
Carlton Get: Pick 1

Geelong Give: 2024 first round pick (Geel)
Geelong Get: TDK and Future second round pick (Carl)

Gold Coast Give: Pick 8
Gold Coast get: 2024 first round pick (Geel), Future 3rd round pick (Carl)

West Coast Give: Pick 1
West Coast Get: Pick 4, Pick 8

Gives West Coast 2 picks inside the top 10 this year and potentially two picks inside the top 10 next year. Nice start to a rebuild.
Where are we getting 2 top 10 picks next year from amongst that proposal?

If wce decide to trade it , they should get on thr front foot.

Approach demons and ask for jvr and freo's first + whatever picks. Demons still have jefferson in the wings and a partnership of Reid, Oliver and tracca is ridiculous

Approach gws and ask for their first + coniglio + hh compo. Swapping with gws could mean they get Curtin and a wa gun mid in coniglio .

Flip the tables wce, and pressure the other clubs to make a tough call rather getting backed into a corner yourselves
Vomit.

With North, GWS or Hawthorn I would but that’s about it.
Thats the issue - the teams with the draft capital also need multiple 1st rounders to help get them out of the hole they are in. Would love Reid but the price will be too high for us to pay.

Thats the issue - the teams with the draft capital also need multiple 1st rounders to help get them out of the hole they are in. Would love Reid but the price will be too high for us to pay.
Itd be too high for everyone apart from GWS I imagine.

Would you be happy to split them over two years?

I cant see how another club will pull together three picks inside 10 in the one draft.
Who thinks that’s the price? no one is paying that for pick 1. 3 r1 picks would do it 1 inside 5 another top 10 and a later one. North could give their r1 and f1 plus ports r1 and surely you take that if you are the eagles. North desperate for star factor but maybe with holes forward and back the price is too high for stage of list build. We won’t be doing it for that reason I think it’s GWS or Dees if they can get an earlier r1 or he goes to the eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rest of the season and champs will determine whether the value is more than say the pick 5+7 mark. It wont be any less

How far ahead is Reid of the

Caddy, Watson, Duursma, Curtain, O'Sullivan, Sanders, Mckercher group

2 weeks ago it seemed to be a long way ahead, then he kicked the first 3 goals in an u18s game and some comments were made about Walter being higher ranked on some clubs boards and then the general sentiment was that he was just worth 2x top 10 picks

Who thinks that’s the price? no one is paying that for pick 1. 3 r1 picks would do it 1 inside 5 another top 10 and a later one. North could give their r1 and f1 plus ports r1 and surely you take that if you are the eagles. North desperate for star factor but maybe with holes forward and back the price is too high for stage of list build. We won’t be doing it for that reason I think it’s GWS or Dees if they can get an earlier r1 or he goes to the eagles
Eagles would snap whoevers arm off if North offered pick 2 (2023), pick 2 (2024) and pick 17 (2023) for Reid

Carlton Give: TDK, Pick 4, Future second round pick, Future 3rd round pick
Carlton Get: Pick 1

Geelong Give: 2024 first round pick (Geel)
Geelong Get: TDK and Future second round pick (Carl)

Gold Coast Give: Pick 8
Gold Coast get: 2024 first round pick (Geel), Future 3rd round pick (Carl)

West Coast Give: Pick 1
West Coast Get: Pick 4, Pick 8
No way that gets done

GC need picks now for their 3 academy kids all tipped to go first round

It depends which 3

9 and 10 this and a Future pick 10 next year

I couldn't with any confidence categorically say Eagles would accept those 3 right now

The difference between 2 and 10 is huge

If I'm WCE I'm accepting two picks inside the top 7 and another forst round pick next year.

It will be almost impossible for a club to get three tp 10 picks to hand over in the one draft.

Only way Carlton could do it is by trading Walsh, Mckay or Curnow and they wont do it.

If I'm WCE I'm accepting two picks inside the top 7 and another forst round pick next year.

It will be almost impossible for a club to get three tp 10 picks to hand over in the one draft.

Only way Carlton could do it is by trading Walsh, Mckay or Curnow and they wont do it.
Id accept that aswell and i think eagles probably would too

Players likely would need to be involved unless

North, GWS and maybe hawks as they have the capital or atleast close to it

No way that gets done

GC need picks now for their 3 academy kids all tipped to go first round

FB19 posted a 4 way trade in our forum that I updated to make it bit more likely IMO

I doubt GWS will do it.. If they do fine, I will switch it around to

Eagles Out 1, 19, 38. In 5, 7, DGB, Sharp
GWS out 5, 7 In 1
Suns out 9, 47, 49 sharp. IN 19, 31, 38
Hawks out 31, DGB. In 9, 47, 49

Suns points are more or less same but they have no reason to do trade, they may need sweeteners to jump into mega deal. Then you have the usual Eagles fans demanding 3 Top 10 picks, so maybe DOA.

Maybe add Demons to the mix to trade their 2 top picks + a depth player for pick 5 or 7 with depth player going to the Suns. Maybe Hawks persuade Chad Wingard to move to Suns too.

PS : If Suns make the finals, they can only match for 2 academy kids

Last edited:
All these 'murmurings' about a trade come from the Vic media, who are petrified of having the best Vic talent in years taken away from them.

They're pulling out all stops in public to stop WCE from taking him and try to convince the club that trading away the pick is a better idea.

If the field closes up significantly after the champs, then it's worth looking at.

Until then, we just take the kid and back him in to stay. He's played with a couple of Vic Metro boys on our list last year and even mentioned this himself yesterday, when he talked about playing alongside Noah Long last year, as an underager.

FB19 posted a 4 way trade in our forum that I updated to make it bit more likely IMO

I doubt GWS will do it.. If they do fine, I will switch it around to

Eagles Out 1, 19, 38. In 5, 7, DGB, Sharp
GWS out 5, 7 In 1
Suns out 9, 47, 49 sharp. IN 19, 31, 38
Hawks out 31, DGB. In 9, 47, 49

Suns points are more or less same but they have no reason to do trade, they may need sweeteners to jump into mega deal. Then you have the usual Eagles fans demanding 3 Top 10 picks, so maybe DOA.

Maybe add Demons to the mix to trade their 2 top picks + a depth player for pick 5 or 7 with depth player going to the Suns. Maybe Hawks persuade Chad Wingard to move to Suns too.

PS : If Suns make the finals, they can only match for 2 academy kids
We’re not giving up 1 and 19 for 5, 7 and a couple of fringe players

let alone chucking in an extra pick for good measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back