News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree :rolleyes:

Like a Young Stephen Kernahan :thumbsu:

A Young, Old or in between David Kernahan
:thumbsdown:

Unfair on DK there mate. Was a very solid performer for the Blues as a back through the beginning of the 1990's before injuries cruelled him. :(

Remember one game in particular where he did the job on Dunstall when SOS was either injured or up forward.

Any bloke who finishes top 5 in our B&F twice is no dud so get your research right next time hey. ;)

on the cfc website there is a typo on his bio, hughes quotes him as 191cm in the mini briefing profile.

It seems as though a number of posters on here have been able to view footage of big Marcus.

I cannot get the bigpond video to work, and can't find any youtube of him - can anyone perhaps look at taking the bigpond footage and posting it on youtube, or point me in another direction ?

05-Marcus-Davies05-450.jpg

HIT HIM:p

It seems as though a number of posters on here have been able to view footage of big Marcus.

I cannot get the bigpond video to work, and can't find any youtube of him - can anyone perhaps look at taking the bigpond footage and posting it on youtube, or point me in another direction ?
AFL draft machine highlights

Reminds me of Solomon in more ways than one.

Agreed. Exept probably more agile and with better disposal. :thumbsu:

Think WH has delivered a beauty here. Davies and ROK across HBF could be quite a fearsome combo in a couple of years. :D

I wasn't sure about this guy after reading Inside Football and it saying his kicking wasn't up to scratch last year.It did say he went one on one with his coach and it improved a hell lot so that's good. His Tasmanian so that's good so we ain't going to get a girl playing for us. It be good too see him along with Mitch Robinson and Mitch Thorp a few Tasmanian hard nuts to give us a chance in a few years. Simon Wiggins could coach these guys if his not around in 2011.

Cheers mate.

Going by that footage alone, there's a lot to like about big Marcus.

Seems to run in straight lines, has clean hands at ankle level and every disposal was weighted nicely for the receiver, including a number of beautiful long lace-out passes to teammates up the ground who were running flat out.

Had the pace required to put enough distance on his pursuer to give him time to kick unpressured.

Oh yeah, nice overhead too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given his build and elite kicking skills, I just wonder if he might turn into our Shannon Hurn. Long, penetrating kicks from HB. Will be great to see him live at training in a couple of weeks.

I was impressed by his video. Sound in the air, apparently a great aerobic capacity, good run and carry out of defense...I actually see a little bit of Nathan Bock...not flashy but incredibly effective. I say keep him off the weights for a year, with another one or two centimetres we may have the makings of a CHB (I know the KPD of the future will need to be three metres tall with a 57/8 beep test minimum but for now I'll settle for a tough looking kid who looks like he can play a bit).

Cheers mate.

Going by that footage alone, there's a lot to like about big Marcus.

Seems to run in straight lines, has clean hands at ankle level and every disposal was weighted nicely for the receiver, including a number of beautiful long lace-out passes to teammates up the ground who were running flat out.

Had the pace required to put enough distance on his pursuer to give him time to kick unpressured.

Oh yeah, nice overhead too.
Davies can kick, but he occasionally puts a bit too much air on his kicks to show them too much of the ball.

A bit like Steven Browne who can turn it over when he kicks off one or two steps.

Davies has the right technique when kicking, so it will be up to Bradley to try and fine tune his disposal.

You can't really ask for much more from pick 43 than a hard running half back/outside midfielder who is willing to put his body on the line. Lucas, Grigg, Robinson and Davies are great insurance and depth if Walker is injured again.

You can't have too many hard running players in this day and age.

We have plenty of inside midfielders, but lacked hard runners and ball carriers.

Carlton will be the side that runs their opponents off their legs if we get the mix right.

St Kilda are more interested in playing hard runners Ray, Montagna, Gram, Lovett, Dal Santo and Jones than Ball who is a one position player.

They couldn't play Ball in the 18 with Goddard and Hayes.

I see Rohan Kerr being a "kicker" like Nicks Stevens.

Kerr can rip them off a step. :)

Its strange, because Davies lists his kicking as an area he needs to improve on.

He's starting from a pretty good standard already by the looks of his highlights package. Would be great if he could spend some time with Craig Bradley to work on any flaws he might have.

He's starting from a pretty good standard already by the looks of his highlights package. Would be great if he could spend some time with Craig Bradley to work on any flaws he might have.
Going from what I've heard so far .. I think Kerr should spend some time with Braddles to be put on the straight and narrow ;)

I love the look of him from that video.

Would love him in the backline instead of whimpy Chris Johnson.

He could be our Max Rooke

Davies can kick, but he occasionally puts a bit too much air on his kicks to show them too much of the ball.

A bit like Steven Browne who can turn it over when he kicks off one or two steps.

Davies has the right technique when kicking, so it will be up to Bradley to try and fine tune his disposal.

You can't really ask for much more from pick 43 than a hard running half back/outside midfielder who is willing to put his body on the line. Lucas, Grigg, Robinson and Davies are great insurance and depth if Walker is injured again.

You can't have too many hard running players in this day and age.

We have plenty of inside midfielders, but lacked hard runners and ball carriers.

Carlton will be the side that runs their opponents off their legs if we get the mix right.

St Kilda are more interested in playing hard runners Ray, Montagna, Gram, Lovett, Dal Santo and Jones than Ball who is a one position player.

They couldn't play Ball in the 18 with Goddard and Hayes.

I see Rohan Kerr being a "kicker" like Nicks Stevens.

Kerr can rip them off a step. :)

Loving the sig. Gotta show that off on the main board as much as possible :thumbsu:

Its strange, because Davies lists his kicking as an area he needs to improve on.

Just watched his game in under 18 champs against NSW, his kicking was average. Twice he had running shot at goals & couldn't convert.

Plenty of other positives had heaps of the footy & does provide run & toughness.

Just watched his game in under 18 champs against NSW, his kicking was average. Twice he had running shot at goals & couldn't convert.

Plenty of other positives had heaps of the footy & does provide run & toughness.

He's a defender, he's not supposed to be an accurate kick on goal :D. IIRCmMost of his kicks coming out of defense found their targets that day.....kicking was also on song down in Tassie against VC. He's by no means an elite kick, but in my book he gets a pass mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back