News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Think about it... has ericpascoe been wrong about any of his predictions/comments on here lately?

He has a better contact in the club than just about anyone else here.

It's funny how these guys keep 'slipping', though, is it not? Someone on a Carlton forum had him pencilled in at pick 43 just like every Joe blow and his dog wanted us to pick Browne a few years back and low and behold...

If you focus on meat and potatoes it's quite likely that's about all you will get. It could be that other clubs are trying to be too flashy but it's equally likely that we have wilfully ignored all subtlety.

Time will tell but it seems to me that 'best available' to us means in many cases simply the kid who we need to put the least effort into regardless of the end result.

I don't mean to sound too harsh with the above post and Davies sounds a better prospect the more you read about him but I'm simply saying that these players must have some queries about them or they wouldn't get to us.

It says more about our rating process than it does the players themselves. If you're picking 'best available' in that fashion with low draft picks then you wouldn't be expecting too many gems. You have to mix it up a little. The upside is a player like Joseph and the downside is someone like Brett Backwell.

If we are under illusions that draft picks in the 40s and are going to get us bargain selections every time simply by sticking to a rigid formula and we are relying on those picks then we might be in a bit of trouble.

Looks ****ing scary, looks like he has had his face shattered a few times. Another rough and tough nut to complement Mitch, this is what we need tough nuts who love the rough stuff. :thumbsu:

Davies adds Tassie touch to Blues

Only a slightly competitive unit. Robbo can't help himself. Psycho.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/season2009/2009news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/88011/default.aspx

Robinson became an instant cult figure last season with his boundless energy and relentless attack on the ball. Davies actually played with Robinson the year before at the Tassie Mariners, which has helped him ease into his new environment.

In fact, the Blues second year player even wrestled the phone off Davies in the course of the interview just to make sure his mate was being treated fairly.

Robinson: Who's this? Are you looking after Marcus or what?

Interviewer: Yes, Mitch. What can you tell me about him?

Robinson: He's made a very good first impression on the club and he's been training very well in the touch sessions. I played with him a couple of years ago in under-18s. I was dominating in the middle and he was off killing it off half-back … he's going to be a good player. I've got a bike session now. I'll see ya.

Davies adds Tassie touch to Blues

Only a slightly competitive unit. Robbo can't help himself. Psycho.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/season2009/2009news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/88011/default.aspx

Robinson became an instant cult figure last season with his boundless energy and relentless attack on the ball. Davies actually played with Robinson the year before at the Tassie Mariners, which has helped him ease into his new environment.

In fact, the Blues second year player even wrestled the phone off Davies in the course of the interview just to make sure his mate was being treated fairly.

Robinson: He's made a very good first impression on the club and he's been training very well in the touch sessions. I played with him a couple of years ago in under-18s. I was dominating in the middle and he was off killing it off half-back … he's going to be a good player. I've got a bike session now. I'll see ya.

:D:D:D Psycho indeed.

Well he's our only personality left after Fev was traded, yeah? Good thing he's got enough for a list of 44.

Ahahaha, that's just fantastic :thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back