Opinion Pick 6* – who do you want?

Who are your TWO favourite options for Pick 6*?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtin conceded playing for West Coast would be “awesome”, but added that relocating to Melbourne to play for a Victorian-based club “would be just as good”.

Sounds like he won't even make it to the airport. Would obviously rather play WAFL than come to Victoria.

Love that he describes himself as a "competitor"

Goody:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Curtin basically stopping short of saying that he will go back to Perth in his interview. this is exactly why picking him up is not worth the risk.
Come on mate, if you want people to engage in serious discussion with you, you need to stop letting your individual biases get in the way of posting facts, especially when said facts/quotes can be located with a 30-second Google search, as Bluelegs did above.

Curtin is no more of a risk to head home than any interstate player. You pick the best available talent, and whatever happens from there is gravy. If he is indeed the best talent, either he spends his career being a gun player for us, or he gives us 2-3 good years then heads home for compensation that is worth more than we originally paid (based off how the last few years of trading has panned out).

We're drafting an asset, both in terms of on-field play and value to the overall list build. Best available is always the way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s 198cm and built like a brick. I reckon his defensive game (particularly in the air) will improve once he’s in an AFL system.

I’d be very happy if we got both Curtin and O’Sullivan to be honest.

Should be able to get at least one, which I feel is a priority given they both look like they could be elite for their position.

I don't feel that Watson, Sanders are going to be elite per position (unless we consider Watson a small forward only, and we already have some pretty good ones of those).

Come on mate, if you want people to engage in serious discussion with you, you need to stop letting your individual biases get in the way of posting facts, especially when said facts/quotes can be located with a 30-second Google search, as Bluelegs did above.

Curtin is no more of a risk to head home than any interstate player. You pick the best available talent, and whatever happens from there is gravy. If he is indeed the best talent, either he spends his career being a gun player for us, or he gives us 2-3 good years then heads home for compensation that is worth more than we originally paid (based off how the last few years of trading has panned out).

We're drafting an asset, both in terms of on-field play and value to the overall list build. Best available is always the way to go.
do you think if Harley Reid was from WA, then WCE would still be looking to split their pick 1?

Maybe? Depends on the offer. North traded 1 last year despite Cadman being Victorian.
True. Cadman wasn't the number 1 consensus pick though.
The thing is, I think West Coast know full well that they can't risk Reid leaving. I could be wrong but I'd be very surprised if they took Reid.

do you think if Harley Reid was from WA, then WCE would still be looking to split their pick 1?
Are they though? Fielding offers versus actively looking to move the pick are two different things.

Again, it comes down to asset management. If they can get Pick 2 or 3 in addition to another good first rounder (or more), they'd be silly not to consider it, regardless of where Reid is from.

Are they though? Fielding offers versus actively looking to move the pick are two different things.

Again, it comes down to asset management. If they can get Pick 2 or 3 in addition to another good first rounder (or more), they'd be silly not to consider it, regardless of where Reid is from.
I guess we'll not know. But I think if the dees had Pick 1, would we trade Reid for WA Curtin and Tasmanian McKercher? I think there's no way we would but that's pure speculation.

So Curtin is far ahead on the votes. Let's assume he does slide past Nth, WB, and Haw to us at 6; WCE offer us F1 and 23 for him.

Do we take Curtin regardless? I don't know enough about next years prospects to decide.

So Curtin is far ahead on the votes. Let's assume he does slide past Nth, WB, and Haw to us at 6; WCE offer us F1 and 23 for him.

Do we take Curtin regardless? I don't know enough about next years prospects to decide.
No. No matter how bad west coast are they are always a chance of pulling out an 8 win season at home and finish 14th or 13th. There's no benefit to us trading out of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back