Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have come with a guarantee they won’t bid at pick 1 as well you would think which saves a fair chunk of points

A draft rort within a draft rort, what’s not to love.

Tbh we will have enough points to cover a potential pick 1 bid anyway so all good.

No chance now, this was their handshake agreement for sure
This is what Brisbane could get. Other clubs must have offered say 1500 points, Richmond had to go to 1700 points to get the pick.
I wonder what the next best offer was?
This also shows how trading down like this is a scam. The new points curve helps, but only a bit. They need to place a limit on the number of picks you use to match , 3 is the number I think.
Allows a club to match pick 2 bid with 18,18,18 ( I.e their F1 and FF1).

There is something else brewing for this deal to happen.

Giving away 792pts when you aren't trying to get points for a father-son or academy kid involving a 20% discount (which is next year is 10%) doesn't make any sense as a single deal.

View attachment 2138037

1) reckon there are multiple moving parts here - so reckon you are right
2) the tigers won't use the later picks so maybe they saw other value in making the deal very good.

Giving away 792pts when you aren't trying to get points for a father-son or academy kid involving a 20% discount (which is next year is 10%) doesn't make any sense as a single deal.

View attachment 2138037

It's pretty simple. With Gold Coast, Essendon and Carlton not needing to trade down for points suddenly only Brisbane's 1st was on the table.

And it had multiple bidders. So Richmond had to pay extra to win the bid or be stuck with a bunch of picks in the 40s they probably wouldn't use.

View attachment 2138037

Because the tigers will have so many early picks they probably wouldn’t have been able to take those picks into the draft.

Pretty simple - one quality pick that you will use > 3 picks in the 40s that you will lose because you don’t have enough list spots at draft time.

Because the tigers will have so many early picks they probably wouldn’t have been able to take those picks into the draft.

Pretty simple - one quality pick that you will use > 3 picks in the 40s that you will lose because you don’t have enough list spots at draft time.
Do they have so many early picks? According to Lore's table they now only have 1, 20, 24.

Sure they have 3 players wanting a trade, but 2 of them are contracted and if those deals don't get done, then they don't have those picks.

If they are super confident they will get the picks they want for those players then yeah it makes sense, but no done deals yet.

Glad the pick swap made some of the nutty points swaps a lot of Richmond supporters thought they could do were made to look silly.
Were you not the person that said Brisbane didnt have to trade with Richmond ?
Looks like they had no option and Richmond were the only club that could satisfy brisbane

It was as expected

Were you not the person that said Brisbane didnt have to trade with Richmond ?
Looks like they had no option and Richmond were the only club that could satisfy brisbane

It was as expected
Yeah, when it was a top 10 pick. Just own you were completely wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2) the tigers won't use the later picks so maybe they saw other value in making the deal very good.
Richmond still have #51 , #61 , #70
After the academy / FS bids come in for Ashcroft , Marshall , kako happen these picks should come in by around 10 picks which could get traded into 2025 like what happened last year of taken for a slider.

My ideal scenario would have been to keep #42 and include #51 but clearly wasnt enough to get it done
Happy with that

No i said Richmond would be the team to trade with Brisbane and you disagreed
No, I said your points trades were bogus specifically back when Brisbane looked like having a top 10 pick. Are you also going to pretend like your point trades weren't miles off what happened?

View attachment 2138037
Probably were confident on 14 for Baker.

No, I said your points trades were bogus specifically back when Brisbane looked like having a top 10 pick. Are you also going to pretend like your point trades weren't miles off what happened?
Yes i acknowledge that the points we gave up are more than i expected for #20
But your words were Brisbane dont have to deal with Richmond and they will have better options

Anyway looks like your still in mod mode

Yes i acknowledge that the points we gave up are more than i expected for #20
But your words were Brisbane dont have to deal with Richmond and they will have better options

Anyway looks like your still in mod mode
I'm being as polite as possible to someone categorically wrong. The original discussion was when Brisbane had a top 10 pick not 20 and you've seen how expensive pick 20 was for points...

I also never said it wouldn't be with Richmond, just that your trades were bogus and theyd get better offers (then your bogus trades) which they were.

Do they have so many early picks? According to Lore's table they now only have 1, 20, 24.

Sure they have 3 players wanting a trade, but 2 of them are contracted and if those deals don't get done, then they don't have those picks.

If they are super confident they will get the picks they want for those players then yeah it makes sense, but no done deals yet.

I think it is fair to expect they will trade those players for good returns. If they don't, then stupid to have done this pick swap so early.

I reckon you are tempting fate and the young guy from your VFL team gets taken at pick 40 in the draft and turns into an absolute gun

Or Brisbane want the late picks now to trade them up the order in the player trades (Robertson, Sharp, Prior etc) instead of taking on more picks we don't have the list spots for.
Yeah good point, could be this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

Back