Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

Always looked likely to happen.

Once again the points system comes up trumps. Brisbane able to turn pick 20 (912 points) into the equivalent of a pick between 6 and 7 (1704 points).

With just their picks 20 and 60 Brisbane have now got enough to match a bid at pick 3 once the discount is applied.
Comparing this to next year's rules is interesting. The same swap next year has pick 20 (757 points) become 941 points. The equivalent of a pick between 15 and 16.

With pick 60 worth nothing and a 10% discount the Lions would only be able to match a bid at pick 14

Fact Brisbane is going to get Aschroft and Marshall while not losing any future picks is absurd

How stupid can we all be ?

System changed next year just should have been in this year. Everyone knows it’s farcical

They will all get done , They always do and clubs move in

its only bigfooty posters that have the pissing contest but its kind of fun
Few years into the future all these whining, whinging BF nuffies will scream for the current system to be brought back once their team has a top tear F/S or Academy kid tied to their club.

From here I think Brisbane can easily do

Pick 32 + 42 for Pick 25 from North and tell North not to bid on Ashcroft

Just rort it even more at this point

That’s asking for trouble they won’t even need to can’t see Richmond bidding at 1

That’s asking for trouble they won’t even need to can’t see Richmond bidding at 1

The won't bid on Ashcroft just to screw the Lions. It kills the moment for real the No1 pick and they also miss out on the $10,000 they get for going at pick 1.

The bit I don’t get is that if we bid on Ashcroft .. it’ll cost about pick 42… so we could have kept pick 42 and not bid on him with no affect on the points Brisbane need.
Something weird about this deal.

The bit I don’t get is that if we bid on Ashcroft .. it’ll cost about pick 42… so we could have kept pick 42 and not bid on him with no affect on the points Brisbane need.

I was thinking similar myself I was expecting a couple of later picks to go back and keeping on more of the 2nd round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact Brisbane is going to get Aschroft and Marshall while not losing any future picks is absurd

How stupid can we all be ?
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

The won't bid on Ashcroft just to screw the Lions. It kills the moment for real the No1 pick and they also miss out on the $10,000 they get for going at pick 1.

100% and I hope Giants fans don’t complain they literally picked someone over Daicos

I think picks in this draft seem to be valued more than usual given the depth of this draft, and the excess points value given up reflects that.

I think picks in this draft seem to be valued more than usual given the depth of this draft, and the excess points value given up reflects that.

From what everyone is saying mid second picks this year would be mid to late firsts any other year

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Pick swap: Brisbane trade #20 to Richmond for #32, #42, #43 & #45

Remove this Banner Ad

Back