Picks for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly Ports list is diabolical so thats a irrational comment

Nah. Richmond's top end is definitely better than Port's, but our 15th-25th players are better than Richmond's.

JimmyRecard said:
especially as Port love taking our unrequired players e.g. Shutlz and Rodan.

Farmer and Thomson say hi.

Could he be the new Swan/Ablett of 2010/11? lock and load captain very consistent

He might well turn into the Dane Swan of 2011. After an average of 111.4 in 2011, Murphy could average 120+ in 2012 which means that he has the potential to be a lock and load captain too.

Round 1: 0
Round 2: 0

I saw quite a few of North's games late last season and Ziebell was very impressive and consequently like a few people I had him on my radar before the suspension...

He could still be an option though for round 5 if you have a mid who sucks or gets injured in the first 4 rounds. Certainly has the potential for a 100 to a 110 average and will give you a chance to see what his form is like in rounds 3 and 4.

He might well turn into the Dane Swan of 2011. After an average of 111.4 in 2011, Murphy could average 120+ in 2012 which means that he has the potential to be a lock and load captain too.

Got some serious doubts about Murphy in 2012 - unless rumours of Judds shoulder prove to be bull dust we will see the fantastic Mr Murphy attracting a heavy tag in 2012. Either way the decline of Chris Judd must not be far away so Murphy will not have as much freedom as he has had.
I expect him to maintain his average - not increase it.

Anyone's thoughts on N. Riewoldt??
Har a pretty easy start to the season with Port, GC, WB and Freo so could start the season with a bang but is he getting too old??

Same thoughts with Lake?? Is soooo cheap but is he done and dusted?

Trengove, Bock, Lake, Mcpharlin all pretty good CHB's

He could be a risk worth taking especially after people got burnt last year and all dont pick him, saints could have a big year with him firing could avg 90+ again.

Lake is a lock if he gets through preseason, we wont really know with until march

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deledio will probably retain backline positioning but will be played as a midfielder next year! More midfield time means more points!

HUGE surprise mc donald being bottom price :eek: will he still be good though?

scored pretty well last year :thumbsu:

typical bullshit pricing for rookies and draftees :thumbsdown:

HUGE surprise mc donald being bottom price :eek: will he still be good though?

scored pretty well last year :thumbsu:

typical bullshit pricing for rookies and draftees :thumbsdown:

One day VS will allow Borrat to pick the top 22 priced players, when they do you will win and finally be happy. Im not sure why you want it handed on a platter to you and im sort of sick of hearing you complain about prices so its easier for the average Joe and those people who have no idea, im sure you dont want to be in that category, because you play up like one of those people.

No harm:thumbsu:

I am with borrat on this one.

How you can be a rookie and so have been overlooked in the national draft and psd and yet still be priced significantly higher than some first round picks is just nonsensical. There is no logic to it and VS are just being pig-headed in sticking with it. Pretty par for the course though for them.

It's a strange rule, but mature-aged rookies do score just as well, if not better than a lot of first rounders.

The defense is a tough spot this year. Many of the top defenders are getting on, in addition to so many sharing the same bye. The prices and bye situation make a couple of mid-pricers a valuable strategy, if you can find the right ones of course.

I am with borrat on this one.

How you can be a rookie and so have been overlooked in the national draft and psd and yet still be priced significantly higher than some first round picks is just nonsensical. There is no logic to it and VS are just being pig-headed in sticking with it. Pretty par for the course though for them.

Because rookies being selected these days are mature aged and in recent some of them have been performing extremely well (Barlow). These players picked in the rookie draft are usually players that they dont see being at the club for 10-15 years its more 2-8 years with a few exceptions. These players are now picked in the rookie draft because they can have an early impact.

I see no problem with it

It's a strange rule, but mature-aged rookies do score just as well, if not better than a lot of first rounders.

The defense is a tough spot this year. Many of the top defenders are getting on, in addition to so many sharing the same bye. The prices and bye situation make a couple of mid-pricers a valuable strategy, if you can find the right ones of course.

I just selected who i thought was best value in that position ended up with 2 bye premiums for R13 (Carl, Hawk, Stk ect), 2 in the R12 bye (Coll, Ess, Geel ect) and from memory have one midpricer in Brian Lake - potential premium.

Are people going to keep picking dpp's in 2012 or just go for best value/best players ?

So far I got 1 def/mid (Goddard)
1 mid/def (Scotland)
1 mid/for
1 for/mid

would that be the way to go ? or just go all out for the best players in each position depending what cash you got left ?

with the for/mid dpp I went for Winderlich. For the mid/mid went for Pfieffer (Port). Also has anyone managed to pick 1 player from each team in each position ? eg - not picking Swanny & Pendles.

I just selected who i thought was best value in that position ended up with 2 bye premiums for R13 (Carl, Hawk, Stk ect), 2 in the R12 bye (Coll, Ess, Geel ect) and from memory have one midpricer in Brian Lake - potential premium.

Be interesting to see whether people stick by the tried and true (Scotland, Enright etc) or go for what they see as the next generation.

It's not hard making sure your premiums are spread out over the 3 byes, but making sure you trade out your rookies appropriately could be tricky.

Be interesting to see whether people stick by the tried and true (Scotland, Enright etc) or go for what they see as the next generation.

It's not hard making sure your premiums are spread out over the 3 byes, but making sure you trade out your rookies appropriately could be tricky.
I think you have to believe that they could still improve on their current average if you are going to select them or it's just too much of a risk. Picking a player over the age of 30, that was a top 5-10 player in their position the previous year in hope that they will just be a rock to lean against is dangerous imo. We saw a number of people getting burned by players such as Green this year, the "safe" forward line picks which hurt more then just about any other option.

I think you have to believe that they could still improve on their current average if you are going to select them or it's just too much of a risk. Picking a player over the age of 30, that was a top 5-10 player in their position the previous year in hope that they will just be a rock to lean against is dangerous imo. We saw a number of people getting burned by players such as Green this year, the "safe" forward line picks which hurt more then just about any other option.

That's true, although some didn't pick Enright based on that logic. It is so easy for older guys to fall off the perch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back