Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope the umpires receive all the support from the tribunal when the cases are heard. Been a while since umpires have abandoned a game, I can't recall it in the PDFL before
Agree, last thing we need is further strain or blame on the umpires, who are already short on numbers and have copped a fair bit of rubbish so far this season.

Spoke to a player involved in the Waaia - Deni game, who said the umpires did it as a preventative measure and he didn’t think there were any reports just a couple of cards.

Who were the 2 ordered off that didn’t leave?
I wonder if the league will go hard to not risk upsetting the umpires
I don’t know the details, only what has been posted but absolutely the league should go hard, at the players and the club involved. For players not to leave the field when told to do so is disgusting and self righteous. Whether they agreed with it or not. And where was the leadership from the club to get the players off the ground? I have seen players get sent off and have to be pushed by teammates to get off, have also seen the wrong player sent off and still go, while others stay on for dirty acts. What makes these guys so special that they hold the whole game up/get it called off?

I don’t know the details, only what has been posted but absolutely the league should go hard, at the players and the club involved. For players not to leave the field when told to do so is disgusting and self righteous. Whether they agreed with it or not. And where was the leadership from the club to get the players off the ground? I have seen players get sent off and have to be pushed by teammates to get off, have also seen the wrong player sent off and still go, while others stay on for dirty acts. What makes these guys so special that they hold the whole game up/get it called off?
Any news on the wash up , has there been a tribunal sitting

Wasn’t quite like that, umps did a good job. Move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t quite like that, umps did a good job. Move on
Either it wasn't a big thing and the umpires should of waited to have them removed and continued the game no matter what the score at the time.
Or it was a big thing, the umpires made the right call and they need to be dealt with.

There is no middle ground

Either it wasn't a big thing and the umpires should of waited to have them removed and continued the game no matter what the score at the time.
Or it was a big thing, the umpires made the right call and they need to be dealt with.

There is no middle

There is no middle ground
Understand your opinion and I’d probably lean towards option 1 but at the time with only 10 mins left I felt the umps did a good job. Like I said it’s done let’s move on to this week

Understand your opinion and I’d probably lean towards option 1 but at the time with only 10 mins left I felt the umps did a good job. Like I said it’s done let’s move on to this week

IMO it’s a fair question as to query whether there been any further action or not and if so what that has been, transparency isn’t a bad thing unless you wanting to hide something…….

Wasn’t there a case between a player and umpire last year with a questionable outcome? (Even though the club backed the player at the time noticed he no longer appears to be at said club)

IMO it’s a fair question as to query whether there been any further action or not and if so what that has been, transparency isn’t a bad thing unless you wanting to hide something…….

Wasn’t there a case between a player and umpire last year with a questionable outcome? (Even though the club backed the player at the time noticed he no longer appears to be at said club)
Lol nothing sinister here, just telling how I saw it at the time. Have a good one 👍

Standard practice is when a player refuses to leave the field after being sent off, the umpire blows his whistle, tells everyone that the game is over and from there the league/tribunal deals with the issue.
Nearly all that is correct mw but the captain of the offended players should have been working with the umpires to help get them off the ground also

E8FD23F6-04B1-47AF-8808-A25DFB121DDC.jpeg
Players from both clubs were given yellow cards and before they had a chance to leave the ground it became apparent that more were likely to become involved so the umpires took a pro-active approach and called the game.
Everyone supports the umpires call.

Interesting that the O & M are following the lead of what the PDFNL have done for the last 2 years with a sliding scale points system next year.
The PDFNL's points system is simple and effective. It is a realistic method of equalization that is transparent and can provide some form of assistance to a club needing to rebuild. I think it's bound to be adopted in other leagues as the "one size fits all" model is not at all assistive to a club floundering at the bottom of the ladder. May as well scrap salary caps and concentrate on refining the points system to make it as simple as possible and eliminate a number of minor intricacies that don't make a lot of sense.

Interesting that the O & M are following the lead of what the PDFNL have done for the last 2 years with a sliding scale points system next year.

I like it mixer emotions. Help out the struggling teams and limit the dominance of top end teams. Tungamah seem to try and grab too many O&M boys every year.. dunno how the points work for them. Lots of local too though

Cheers Dave

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back