Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The top 5 in Katandra, Strathy, Katy, Katunga & Waaia look pretty settled to make 8, who makes up the last 3 spots and why?
Have Picola United been underestimated by some ? Hadn’t lost for more than 2 months and got within a goal of Katandra today.
Albeit they’ve had a league bye and general bye in that time .

Yarroweyah having another meeting this week. no money, people talking of leaving at the end of the year. Even the most positive person must be having some doubts. Hopefully the weather gods are good to them on the day of the preliminary final and a huge crowd is there

Yarroweyah having another meeting this week. no money, people talking of leaving at the end of the year. Even the most positive person must be having some doubts. Hopefully the weather gods are good to them on the day of the preliminary final and a huge crowd is there

It’s a shame how much the bottom sides struggle in this league. You’d be thinking Yarroweyah’s times almost up, could they possibly merge with anyone do you think?

Clubs are so spread out in this league though that it may be hard to do that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

could they possibly merge with anyone do you think?
If the rumours about the missing money are correct and the club has nothing in the bank than what do they have to offer in a merger , yep they have lots of kids but unfortunately not much else. Nearby clubs will probably wait and pick at what's left of anything happens.
But in reality the area really needs yarroweyah to keep going as of it folds there will be so many kids who will possibly leave football and netball due to extended travel for training as well as missing out in other clubs due to excess numbers.

If the rumours about the missing money are correct and the club has nothing in the bank than what do they have to offer in a merger , yep they have lots of kids but unfortunately not much else. Nearby clubs will probably wait and pick at what's left of anything happens.
But in reality the area really needs yarroweyah to keep going as of it folds there will be so many kids who will possibly leave football and netball due to extended travel for training as well as missing out in other clubs due to excess numbers.
Wouldn’t they just go 5 minutes down the road to strathmerton? Hopefully they don’t have to worry about where to go next and Yarroweyah pulls through

General meeting , which most clubs have regularly.

I agree, after following their social media for a while the post is just how they announce a meeting which every club has.
They invite all members and life members.

I did see a ex president commenting something negative on it tho

Hate to see it. Don’t need that negativity around an already struggling club.

Resembles a desperate bitter person only wishing the worst for his old club

Have Picola United been underestimated by some ? Hadn’t lost for more than 2 months and got within a goal of Katandra today.
Albeit they’ve had a league bye and general bye in that time .
Potentially, they play Waaia this week so I’ll reserve full judgment until then. Wins have come from lower sides of late but as the saying goes, you can only beat what’s in front of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright guys, now we are heading to the pointy part of the season!

Who do you want to win the flag?

Who do you think will win the flag?

What team surprised you with how good they have been?

What team did you think would be better?

Who will win the league medal?

Don’t recall the top 4 being as close for the past 15 years . Whilst Katunga and Picola have either beaten or been good enough against top 4 teams . Injuries will play a massive part and have done so during the year .
Katandra after losing Smith many thought they’d drop off , but they have added depth which has been a great move .
Katty with blokes from 2023 fit and available have been very good and after losing Gorman .
Strathy also deserve a mention having parted ways with Ellery and Robinson mid season ( b&f and runner-up from 2023 ? ) and still sitting second .

Of the 4-5 genuine premiership chances , I reckon Katunga would be the sentimental choice- last flag in 80’s?.
Next 3 games massive in rating teams. Kats ,Katunga ,Strathy, All playing each other. Waaia building nicely, Katty looking good. I think Waaia with record last 2 years favourite followed by Kats

Kats have surprised , Tunga dropped away more than thought

Of the 4-5 genuine premiership chances , I reckon Katunga would be the sentimental choice- last flag in 80’s?.
Next 3 games massive in rating teams. Kats ,Katunga ,Strathy, All playing each other. Waaia building nicely, Katty looking good. I think Waaia with record last 2 years favourite followed by Kats

Kats have surprised , Tunga dropped away more than thought

I am the same, Katanga or Katty to win it as they haven’t won one in a while

Strathy still favourite for me as I can just see looby pulling something special out of a hat.

Even though I knew katandra picked up the 5 ex Shepp united boys I didn’t expect them to be that good, but now they have lost kerzele I think they are back even with the pack.

I really throught Deni was going to be the big improvers and they haven’t fired a shot.
Tungamah only slipping due to mass injuries which I think they have back now

I have no idea about the medal, the only ones I can think of is Charlie burrows, Jye limosina, Toby kopa or Cam bishop.

Yep, A rippa final three weeks coming up with all potential contenders playing each other (or final month if you count Picola v Katandra 6 points from the weekend). Gonna be some quality footy.

I reckon Katanga or Katandra for a win, been a while for both clubs.

I think Kats will get it done. They’ve taken the foot off a lot of games where they should win by more, I reckon sitting at the top does that too you.

Surprised on Katanga. Thought they’d be outside the top 4 and just beat the worser teams but they’ve surprised me.

League medal I’ve got no idea, can’t pick a genuine open front runner.

Cheers Gents

Dave

While both Katy & Katandra have had impressive seasons, I would be surprised if those two teams will still be there in the last game of the year. Plenty of experience in Waaia and Strathy still and they know how to get the job done.

Tungamah were disappointing early but can still finish as high as 6th.

Katy probably the surprise packet for me, won a few close games but I wouldn’t have thought they would be 11 & 2 at this stage.

The Medal is wide open as well, Looby kicking 100 would surely land him some votes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back