Picola & District FL NW 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
while theres not much talk about player movement. whats everyones thoughts on how the league is going since the split. personly i think the nw division has dropped a bit in standard while the s/e is getting better.

couple of discussions
1)Is it time for the s/e division to become a seperate league altogether
2) with 8 teams in the competion should there be a top 4 and not 5

while theres not much talk about player movement. whats everyones thoughts on how the league is going since the split. personly i think the nw division has dropped a bit in standard while the s/e is getting better.

couple of discussions

I wouldnt say the N\W has dropped off. I think you only have to look at the interleague to see that the talent pool is pretty deep. Even with quite a few unavailable we were still able to put together a very strong side. I think the league is going along fine. Obviously the s\e may be a bit stonger with the proximity to other major leagues in the area.
It is maybe time for both leagues to split into their own identity. I find it bizzare that s\e clubs can vote on issues only relating to the n\w, and vice versa. I mean the allocation of each leagues finals should have no input from the other league delegates.
As for the 4 of 5. If there are only 8 teams in the league there should be a top 4. 9 teams in the league and its a top 5 in the finals.

Surely that price tag can't be right?
For $500 you would want the bloke to win the game off his own boot. Having 1 guy in a side on $500 is ridiculous let alone 4-5!

Surely that price tag can't be right?
For $500 you would want the bloke to win the game off his own boot. Having 1 guy in a side on $500 is ridiculous let alone 4-5!
It's from a reliable source. They would wanna be getting 30 touches and 5 goals a game for that price.

Thats crap!!! Heard my son was one of those so from someone who is a reliable source someone is telling stories.
Righto mate. Your entitled to your opinion champ, I'm going on what I've been told. So these blokes are going from a higher league just for a pie and stubbie after the game?

Rovers splashing some cash around for next season. 4-5 young blokes on $500+ a game
That is well off the mark... And that is not an opinion it is fact... I was told one of the young blokes was on $800 a game... A lot of ridiculous figures getting thrown around... It is the silly season

couple of discussions
Not trying to stir the pot by any chance ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ha ha old man, or should I say younger man. my price packet last year wouldn't of even got a pie and a can of coke

That's outrageous if they are paying kids that much...I do find it hard to believe.... But nothing suprises me much when it comes to money and country football these days. If stories are right and Josh Bode has freed up what Jeriliderie are paying him to coach next year, then they could easily afford to splash. Don't like what clubs are doing in that neck of the woods.

has taken a few good kids from the rams. how are we ment to compete when teams are offering $650 a game. its F$%king stupid money

Oh you got to love the off season , the rumours and innuendo .
Have been peicing together the formula for finding the truth in off season gossip .
Currently looks like
Reported figure -1220(2333)*45-6783*32-123+a-b/a2+b3/56*tpi*67/c3
Just trying work out what a , b and c figures are .

The rams have counter punched and nabbed young Brett McDonald from the Rovers.... And similar kind of money I hear too...Either the rice is looking good up Deni way this year or kids are very good negotiators.

The rams have counter punched and nabbed young Brett McDonald from the Rovers.... And similar kind of money I hear too...Either the rice is looking good up Deni way this year or kids are very good negotiators.

I can tell you for a fact that macca is going up there to play with 2 of his closest mates and try his luck at the better footy. No money was even mentioned. I think people have to relise that it is the silly season. If a dollar figure is rumored to a certian player halve it and you will be close to what he is actually being paid. Another fact is that me leaving rovers hasnt freed up any cash. Rovers like every other club have a player budget to stick to. The melb boys are not returning so there is some money there available but its no where near the figures that are getting thrown around. But as herb said it is the silly season. Much going on from Berrigan or strathy. 2 clubs that where probably flag favourates at some time throughout the year. Both probably only 1 or 2 players away.

Yes he has signed. Not for $650. LOL!!!
Maybe $50-$100 Max! Maybe $0. Like Mac said. Brett is here to play footy and good on him, Had alot of money thrown at him by alot of clubs. Glad he will be a rammer next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back