Picola District Football League, general thread mk II.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another ex Tungamah League grand final!! :eek::eek: (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008)

Go Katandra!

If I remember correctly the Tungamah league choose to disband and the Picola league was more then willing to take you in.

The Picola league also known as the family league has taken in 9 clubs over the last 20 years

Mathoura 1990
Strathmerton 1994
Katamatite 1995
Tungamah 1995
Katandra 1996
Berrigan 2003
Shepparton East 2006
Dookie United 2006
Jerilderie 2008

All of these teams have been welcomed with open arms, stronger clubs means a stronger league. But as usuals the club known as Katandra would have to find something to complain about. Lets all bow down to their greatness “Go Kats Go’.

So if you’re not happy go and find another league to play in. I sure the rest of the Picola league clubs won’t miss you.

If I remember correctly the Tungamah league choose to disband and the Picola league was more then willing to take you in.

The Picola league also known as the family league has taken in 9 clubs over the last 20 years

Mathoura 1990
Strathmerton 1994
Katamatite 1995
Tungamah 1995
Katandra 1996
Berrigan 2003
Shepparton East 2006
Dookie United 2006
Jerilderie 2008

All of these teams have been welcomed with open arms, stronger clubs means a stronger league. But as usuals the club known as Katandra would have to find something to complain about. Lets all bow down to their greatness “Go Kats Go’.

So if you’re not happy go and find another league to play in. I sure the rest of the Picola league clubs won’t miss you.

Have said it before the last 8 clubs to join the league could be in one league and the previous eight teams in another., but I could and have been called biased ?
Anyway congratulations to Tungamah , 1's and 2's and Shepp East 3'rds and 4'ths premiers for 08.

Could anybody who knows , tell me how many blokes who weren't at Tungamah in 07 played in there senior side today ?

Have said it before the last 8 clubs to join the league could be in one league and the previous eight teams in another., but I could and have been called biased ?
Anyway congratulations to Tungamah , 1's and 2's and Shepp East 3'rds and 4'ths premiers for 08.

Could anybody who knows , tell me how many blokes who weren't at Tungamah in 07 played in there senior side today ?

I think an 8 team competition is too small and certain teams would dominate each league. I like the old Tungamah clubs joining the Picola league it’s made the league a much stronger competition. I’m just sick of hear talk about how dominant former Tungamah league clubs have been. Waaia, Blighty and Strathmerton have all won premierships since the first Tungamah league clubs enter in 1995 and it looks like new club Jerilderie will be a strong side in the future.

Congrats to the Tungamah boys great season.

Also congratulations to Katandra on a very good year to lose the calibre of players they did during the off season, Lambourne, White, Thompson, Cordy, and injuries incurred to the leagues # 1 goal kicker in 07 , Dudgeon , for most of the year and still make the granny is a terrific reflection upon there younger players.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I was totally appauled by the crowd behaviour at the grand final. The security seem to have backed of recently and stopped searching for alcohol in vehicles. The security seemed to scared to try to intervene when incidents happened. I just wanted to watch a game of football but ended up worrying about the crowd. Kids were crying and women could not safely walk around the ground. Family league hey !! Clubs need to lead from the front and control their feral youths!

Yeh what happened to the family league!!!! No security any more what costing too much?? Bit hard to tell these days if there is underage drinking but should be policed more or have no alcohol at the grounds until after the end of the games.

Congratulations to the mighty bears and inparticular the mighty Marcus "The Wod, Hairy Cheeks, Traintracks" Cummins..... 3 in a row aint bad sick!!
Special mention to Coop and Winray as well.....Sick Bits enjoy

4 great players pace to freeze,never had the pleasure of playing on any of them as im only 17 n have been out all year but have watched them and they are great to watch...love watching big camo kick goals from 60 meters...iv played with herbe and he ver well will be with the greats if hes not already! heard derek hall broke his rm last week afta an adam waasdorp tackle..any truth to this? should be a great game,tungas fowards mite be a bit hard to hold for young kat defence...also heard shepp east is trying to lure saad saad next year?

stupid comment. no club in this league would have to coin to play someone of saad saads standard. is this comment made just because they are a shepp club?

I was shocked to see so many people walk in and not pay. No one tried to stop them or ask them to pay... would be interesting to see what the gate figures were compared to other years.
Just becuase they wore a black shirt with security doesnt mean they are security. They were older guys who were not willing to intervene when blokes started getting a bit loud or when the main trouble started. Never seen so much grog smuggled in throughout the day yet once again security did nothing about it.
What unfolds over the week should be iteresting from the police and the league.

stupid comment. no club in this league would have to coin to play someone of saad saads standard. is this comment made just because they are a shepp club?

You would surprised how much clubs are willing to spend for GV players these days particularly clubs in the lower half of the top 8 and top half of the bottom 8. You only have to look at what Dookie are paying for Osborne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any truth to the rumour that rennie are looking at joining the pdfl

Rennie have put forward a letter to the league and all clubs announcing there interest in joining our comp. I think they are waiting until the next league meeting to put forward their presentation on why they should be allowed to come into our league.

Fights, streakers and drunken teens. See what happens when you let tungamah win a flag? Bloddy ferals :D Bit dissapointed with the low police precense early in the day they seemed to only show up after the trouble started. Well dont to tungamah jokes aside on a fantastic season. I do believe they had a long list of paid players which contridicts what someone said earlier in this thread

yeah or look at what katandra would be paying one derek hall..jst talking to a bloke from shepp east and thats what he said..y would i just make that up?

yeah or look at what katandra would be paying one derek hall..jst talking to a bloke from shepp east and thats what he said..y would i just make that up?
Hall would most likely be getting a reasonable quid, but would think Katandra as a whole would have had more of their home grown talent in their best 21 than any other side this year ???

You would surprised how much clubs are willing to spend for GV players these days particularly clubs in the lower half of the top 8 and top half of the bottom 8. You only have to look at what Dookie are paying for Osborne.

He's the coach buddy, so understandably gets more coin than a player :rolleyes:

Rennie have put forward a letter to the league and all clubs announcing there interest in joining our comp. I think they are waiting until the next league meeting to put forward their presentation on why they should be allowed to come into our league.
rennie would struggle very badly in this league they arnt a very good team.

Hall would most likely be getting a reasonable quid, but would think Katandra as a whole would have had more of their home grown talent in their best 21 than any other side this year ???

You are on the money there. I believe that around 18 or so of their senior players are home grown. Pretty sure that Bertoli and Sprunt never played juniors there, but have played there for a long time anyway.

not saying that these guys arent getting a decent quid but for a guy like saad to play in the picola league it was need to be twice or not triple what those guys are one. he is a match winner in the gv, thats not bagging picola league but what could he do if he did go out there.

how many clubs have held their b & f counts, anyone want to post some results?

Was mentioned on another thread that the VCFL may commence random unnotified drug testing in all leagues in season 2009.
Have heard that some were done this season, not in PDFL, but the clubs involved were notified previous to the commencement of such testing and led to some players not training for some weeks with the club, find it unusual ??
Is it possible more than one PDFL club has contacted the VCFL to stress its concern over drug use within country footy ??
What would everyone think of coaches, being asked to inform the VCFL of suspected users within the club, having their coaching accreditation removed if knowingly playing a user and being held responsible for the onfield actions, of a player whom they knew was a user ???
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hope voltaren aint on the banned substance list !!!!!!

Was mentioned on another thread that the VCFL may commence random unnotified drug testing in all leagues in season 2009.
Have heard that some were done this season, not in PDFL, but the clubs involved were notified previous to the commencement of such testing and led to some players not training for some weeks with the club, find it unusual ??
Is it possible more than one PDFL club has contacted the VCFL to stress its concern over drug use within country footy ??
What would everyone think of coaches, being asked to inform the VCFL of suspected users within the club, having their coaching accreditation removed if knowingly playing a user and being held responsible for the onfield actions, of a player whom they knew was a user ???
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hope voltaren aint on the banned substance list !!!!!!

Performance enhancing of social drugs? Does the VCFL have a drugs policy??

Performance enhancing of social drugs? Does the VCFL have a drugs policy??
Assume you meant social or performance, my thought is that tests would cater both but would only be assuming that social drugs are of the highest interest due to them appearing to be on the rise significantly ??
I was told at the start of this season that the VCFL did not have a drugs policy but was considering a pilot type programme, assuming thats what may have taken place this season ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back