Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

With all the info you put in that question doesnt sound like your really looking for confirmation. Sounds like you are advertising the fact. Maybe magic frog can help.

Although no paperwork in yet i hear the Ratty and Duke (ex-locals) have decided to travel this year along with a couple of mates, not sure where they have played last or how good they are, so I hope the previous stats are correct. Ratty, Duke and one of the mates all own/mangers the "Y" bar Glenferrie rd Hawthorn, so you know where our footy trip will be!

Just two tiny, almost insignificant peices of info you may have over looked in your haste to put forward another opinion no-one wants to hear, but Dicko has a G.V. club B&f to his name and Taylor is a G.V. interleague rep.
There are just a couple of things that to me would highlight a little bit of ability. But as you said, it's just your opinion. You stick to your guns, i'll stick to mine.
B&F in what?
Senior rep?
Have they really?
On last years form-
Dicko 3 games in the 2s before being promoted to the seniors round 9. Only in the best once in the seconds and that was in a 10 goal loss. Then with 10 games in the seniors he scraped into the best once.
Taylor played 16 games for 5 games in the best. 2 games were a 15 goal loss.
Easy to say they one has won a B&F and the other a GV rep but going on form they didnt show that sort of form last year.
When was Taylor a GV rep and what was Dicko's B&F????????

B&F in what?
Senior rep?
Have they really?
On last years form-
Dicko 3 games in the 2s before being promoted to the seniors round 9. Only in the best once in the seconds and that was in a 10 goal loss. Then with 10 games in the seniors he scraped into the best once.
Easy to say they one has won a B&F and the other a GV rep but going on form they didnt show that sort of form last year.

You said they couldn't cut in the G.V. Now you start going on about 1 year of their career. They probably didn't show that form last year, injuries are good for setting players back just a little bit. I would be happy to make it into the seniors in the g.v. and get in the best, if only once, after a knee reco as dicko did. 16 senior games and 5 in the best, that's one every three games. Doesn't seem too bad to me. But your entitled to your opinion, as is everyone.

You said they couldn't cut in the G.V. Now you start going on about 1 year of their career. They probably didn't show that form last year, injuries are good for setting players back just a little bit. I would be happy to make it into the seniors in the g.v. and get in the best, if only once, after a knee reco as dicko did. 16 senior games and 5 in the best, that's one every three games. Doesn't seem too bad to me. But your entitled to your opinion, as is everyone.
Thats in a list of 5 players. Dont think you could say Shepp was much of a side either. Think you might find Strathy will be depending on how they play football now, not in years long past. In saying that you will find that my opinion is based on last year. You dont expect it based on how they play this year, do you?

B&F in what?
Senior rep?
Have they really?
On last years form-
Dicko's Best and Fairest was in "02" im pretty sure and was a senior best and fairest at that, he beat Ashy quiet easily. The reason he played a couple in the 2's last year was he was coming back from a knee reconstruction.

how will picola go this year guys? what locals are still around the club?
what about mathura? where will they finish and waht locals are still around the club? just checking up on 2 of my former teams. go the blueys!!

Thats in a list of 5 players. Dont think you could say Shepp was much of a side either. Think you might find Strathy will be depending on how they play football now, not in years long past. In saying that you will find that my opinion is based on last year. You dont expect it based on how they play this year, do you?

Cellar Dweller do you ever say anything positive about anyone or any team? Or are you above everyone? I started out despising you .... Now I just pity you!:thumbsdown:

Cellar Dweller do you ever say anything positive about anyone or any team? Or are you above everyone? I started out despising you .... Now I just pity you!:thumbsdown:

There should be no negative talk about any club at the moment. All sides will be starting with a positive attitude. Cannt see how someone can get on here and totally bag out any side, especially if they have done some good recruiting over the summer. Last year Strathy had a good young running side, they can only improve their footy with the inclusion of their older more experienced recruits. They were far from the worst side we played last year.

There should be no negative talk about any club at the moment. All sides will be starting with a positive attitude. Cannt see how someone can get on here and totally bag out any side, especially if they have done some good recruiting over the summer. Last year Strathy had a good young running side, they can only improve their footy with the inclusion of their older more experienced recruits. They were far from the worst side we played last year.
You girls are unreal. Stop reading whats not there. I havnt bagged Strathy or their players and I certainly haven't said they were the worst side last year. But I have said that I cant see them improving on last year with the recruits they have. When your down near the bottom you need to improve more than the rest of the league to climb the ladder. Improving wont be good enough if every one else improve as well. Sure a couple of sides will fall away (Dookie being one of them) but I still cant see them improving enough to be a threat come finals time.

You girls are unreal. Stop reading whats not there. I havnt bagged Strathy or their players and I certainly haven't said they were the worst side last year. But I have said that I cant see them improving on last year with the recruits they have. When your down near the bottom you need to improve more than the rest of the league to climb the ladder. Improving wont be good enough if every one else improve as well. Sure a couple of sides will fall away (Dookie being one of them) but I still cant see them improving enough to be a threat come finals time.

Fair Point.. For those teams looking at improving and making the finals another team (from last year) has to drop out. Any predictions who may fall out of contention? Improvement for strathy might just be to be more competitive, or could be to win more games than last year or could mean 100 things. im not involved with the club so i wouldnt know what their goals for the season are. The point i was trying to make is that everyside in the comp at this time of the year should be looking forward to the season and aiming to improve on what they achieved last year.

How can you say you cant see strathy improving on last year?? they won 5 games and lost 5 or 6 by around 10 to 15 points. They had a great base with there good young running players and have topped up there list with 10 recruits. So in my opinion strathy should win 10 or more games this year because i dont think the comp as impoved as much as you are saying it going to be. let me in on your thoughts to why it is going to improve that much and who the sides are???

How can you say you cant see strathy improving on last year?? they won 5 games and lost 5 or 6 by around 10 to 15 points. They had a great base with there good young running players and have topped up there list with 10 recruits. So in my opinion strathy should win 10 or more games this year because i dont think the comp as impoved as much as you are saying it going to be. let me in on your thoughts to why it is going to improve that much and who the sides are???
Move on boys and let the footy to the talking in a couple of weeks........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move on boys and let the footy to the talking in a couple of weeks........

Lets get back to the footy.

Winners for round 1??
My Tips
Jerilderie
Mathoura
Jerilderie
Yarraweyah
Rovers
Katandra
Tungamah
Dookie
Waaia

I know i have picked Jerilderie twice but they play two round 1 games, playing Berrigan this weekend. Could be a good start for the new side if they can win the first 2.

Celler Dweller well done on putting up a good argument, on your thoughts about the strath recruits, you have made some good football points. Even if the three main recruits from Shepp Bears Dicko, Taylor, and Shadbolt, aren't world beaters at that level, the drop from GVFL to Pilcola league is massive, i have played in alot of country comps around Aus, and in my experience if you can introduce between 6 to 10 good solid recruits to a club at this level, and also some depth by the way of 6 average recruits and retain most players from the previous year, you will just about double your win loss ratio. Now ten to eleven wins may get them as high as sixth or as low as ten. I don't want to dwell on preseason results, but to come within one kick of Waaia, without two of their best players, and with a completely different squad that has only played two games together, you must consider that they maybe the real deal. Also dweller i have noticed that you have not put your neck out and given us your top 8, are you scared to be wrong.:confused:

Celler Dweller well done on putting up a good argument, on your thoughts about the strath recruits, you have made some good football points. Even if the three main recruits from Shepp Bears Dicko, Taylor, and Shadbolt, aren't world beaters at that level, the drop from GVFL to Pilcola league is massive, i have played in alot of country comps around Aus, and in my experience if you can introduce between 6 to 10 good solid recruits to a club at this level, and also some depth by the way of 6 average recruits and retain most players from the previous year, you will just about double your win loss ratio. Now ten to eleven wins may get them as high as sixth or as low as ten. I don't want to dwell on preseason results, but to come within one kick of Waaia, without two of their best players, and with a completely different squad that has only played two games together, you must consider that they maybe the real deal. Also dweller i have noticed that you have not put your neck out and given us your top 8, are you scared to be wrong.:confused:
Not scared bro.
My opinion on strathy is that only an opinion. I could be wrong and it could change. I wouldnt think that my opinion is the way it is. Ive already given my thoughts on last years premiers and my early pick for this year.
As far as the rest go, hmmmmmm.
Nope I dont really care.

Any news out Tungamah way? Seem to have a few clearances coming in. Any good players amongst them?

Not scared bro.
My opinion on strathy is that only an opinion. I could be wrong and it could change. I wouldnt think that my opinion is the way it is. Ive already given my thoughts on last years premiers and my early pick for this year.
As far as the rest go, hmmmmmm.
Nope I dont really care.

Well buddy if you don't really care p!ss off then....
I bet your a friggin umpire, thats why you don't have a team up...
Fun nazi of the football world you are.!!

Well buddy if you don't really care p!ss off then....
I bet your a friggin umpire, thats why you don't have a team up...
Fun nazi of the football world you are.!!
What do you mean by "thats why you dont have a team up..."??
And Im not a "friggin umpire". How well do you think your team would go without an umpire?
Its fat abusive clowns like you yelling and carrying on from over the fence that put people off umpiring.

What do you mean by "thats why you dont have a team up..."??
And Im not a "friggin umpire". How well do you think your team would go without an umpire?
Its fat abusive clowns like you yelling and carrying on from over the fence that put people off umpiring.

Don't you mean me abusing you (umpire) while I am playing puts people off umpiring.. clown.

Don't you mean me abusing you (umpire) while I am playing puts people off umpiring.. clown.
Oh, so your a player that more than likley has never picked up or read a rule book. Best thing for you blokes is let the umpire umpire and get on with playing the game.
Has abusing the umpire helped your side? Wouldnt think so. How often do you have a beer with an umpire after a game? Do you know many by name? It is a game you know!
By the way, Im not an umpire. Wouldnt mind taking it up though, I bet youd be a real laugh on the footy field!
Ill ask again, what do you mean by "thats why you dont have a team up..."??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back