Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

are u saying katandra isn't over the granny from last year.. its not the end of the world that we lost, i would think everyone is just looking forward tot he year to come around!!!:)

I see katandra have a praccy match against st pauls this week, How do think you will go against them

From looking at the transfers list Barny have picked up a few handy midfielders. They might be looking to give him a lessor role through the middle?
How have the saints been going in the night series?

Seeing his photo in Border Mail handout seems he has been pulling his hair out and needs a lessor role to stop that stress:p
It's nice of the border mail to give the PDFL a HUGE write up! I know the one in this Thursdays Shepp News will be a whole lot better.
The border mail did mention Blightys recuriting, is Blighty going to have the added pressure to preform this year because of their off season work?

Seeing his photo in Border Mail handout seems he has been pulling his hair out and needs a lessor role to stop that stress:p
It's nice of the border mail to give the PDFL a HUGE write up! I know the one in this Thursdays Shepp News will be a whole lot better.
The border mail did mention Blightys recuriting, is Blighty going to have the added pressure to preform this year because of their off season work?

It will be interesting to see how they go this year, couple of big recruits and a different draw from last year.
Will be interesting to see the redeyes progress.

I see katandra have a praccy match against st pauls this week, How do think you will go against them
should improve a fair bit from the night series as we had over half a dozen senior players missing.. hopefully more senior players come back into the team..

It will be interesting to see how they go this year, couple of big recruits and a different draw from last year.
Will be interesting to see the redeyes progress.

Are you suggesting they had an easier draw last season and that there results may have been inflated ?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is the draw significant, sure without doubt last season the 3 or 4 sides fighting for fifth had variable draws and you could probably put a case up for either of them, but would any of them beat shepp east, katandra or tungamah ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have no idea as ive never seen st.pauls before but hopefully should have a few more numbers back that we didnt in the night series.

Have heard Picola have picked up the brother in law of A. Brunt who apparently won a b&f last season, rumour is he is also a member of the 5 ft club, but fortunately is not a helmet head. I think the Picola game plan might be heavily structured around not kicking the ball in the air, either that or their coach has a huge complex about his height. Go the six footer !!!

The team that Katandra are playing in the practice match this week, St Pauls would they happen to be the same team from Melbourne that play in the Southern Footy League. If so where is the game?

As season nears here is my ladder would appreciate others thoughts.

Top 4 ( no order )
Katandra, ( needed to pick up quick tall key position players ) ?
Tunga, ( Wren, putta etc. getting on )
Shepp East ( needed to maintain , how will loss of quick midfleilders effect ) ?
Picola( Big blokes need to stand up, macca ageing quicker than most)

Fighting for remaining two spots ( no order )
dookie( huge influxes of players can sometimes have negative affect, bad early form might spell trouble) ?
Waaia( Life after Daniels' makes Trimby and Stevens so important in close and ageing, is Stevens back) ?
Katunga( can howden repeat, with huge workload )?
Blighty(should be big improvers, but have lost a good young ruckman, can wooden play whilst coaching )?
Yarraweah( finished year ordinary and have lost possibly their three best)
Mathoura(possibly have the two best key forwards in comp, their midfielders and backs need to use it better) ?
Rovers(most underachieved award for 2006, new coach new attitude )?
Strathy ( were a long way off, possibly the furthest away in last half of last season, no news)?
Katty( not far off strathy, if not further away, once again no news)?
Berrigan( may be a big improver, 5/8 chb needs key postion help) ?
Wunhgyu( commencing on long journey, discipline is at forefront)

Are you suggesting they had an easier draw last season and that there results may have been inflated ?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is the draw significant, sure without doubt last season the 3 or 4 sides fighting for fifth had variable draws and you could probably put a case up for either of them, but would any of them beat shepp east, katandra or tungamah ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you have a look at their results last year, it shows that they were great against teams below them, but once they played the teams above or at the same level they seemed to struggle a little.

With the pick up of the huge ruckman and wooden it should allow players that had to play in the midfield last year to roam around the flanks etc, and be more damaging up forward. Ie. Napier.

I agree that they wouldnt beat the top four from last year.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard Picola have picked up the brother in law of A. Brunt who apparently won a b&f last season, rumour is he is also a member of the 5 ft club, but fortunately is not a helmet head. I think the Picola game plan might be heavily structured around not kicking the ball in the air, either that or their coach has a huge complex about his height. Go the six footer !!!

Have seen Adam Brunt out mark many 6+ footers. No complex about that boys ability! Brunt & the Daniel boys make Shaun Hart proud!

Hey boys looks like Cordy is gonna be stayin at Katandra.He was at training last night and said he most likely will be staying due to the fact that congupna was far to serious and he couldnt enjoy it.

Katandra will have a few back from uni and work on the weekend but they will also have a few out due to nigiling injurys.I hvnt seen or heard any thing on st pauls so it is hard to say how the game will pan out.Having a rough crack i would say Katandra will have about 6 senior players not playin and it is also a 6qtr game :thumbsu:

Other night comp results
March 28 2007
Cobram Courier

March 20
Waaia17.15 (117)

Ardmona 3. 3 ( 21)

Goals, Waaia: N. Walker 4, M. Meyland 3, N. Tyack 2, B. Gilmore 2, M. Brown 2, D. Brooks, M. Counsel, S. Scott. Ardmona: P. Meka , C. Brereton.

Best, Waaia: team effort. Ardmona: M. Ferrari, M. Gibson, W. Sanders, D. Freeman, C. Brereton.

Finley8.16 (64)

Cobram4. 5 ()29)

Goals, Finley: P. Massingham 3, M. Jackson 3, N. Braybon, B. Warnett. Cobram: M. Peart 2, J. Brayshaw, J. Murray.

Best, Finley: M. Braybon, L. Congram, J. Platfuss, P. Massingham . Cobram: M. Sim, M. Jaensch, G. Kelly, J. Cherry, B. Johns.

March 22

Tungamah13.9 (87)

Katamatite 7.4 (46)

Goals, Tungamah: T. Hayes 3, L. Buerckner 3, M. Robinson 3, J. Whinray, A. Dodd, D. Clark, J. Thomson. Katamatite: D. Bye 2, G. Feldtmann 2, J. Younger, D. Russell, S. Feldtmann.

Best, Tungamah: L. Buerckner, A. Dodd, T. Hayes, B. Foster, J. Hearn, S. Lidgewood. Katamatite: G. Feldtmann, J. Younger, T. Ross, A. Aldridge, S. Feldtmann.

Nathalia9.10 (64)

Deniliquin6. 7 (43)

Goals, Nathalia: M. Gemmill 2, T. Snelson 2, J. Butler 2, M. Davies, A. Liddell, D. Barnes. Deniliquin: A. Thorpe 2, D. Hall 2, S. Flight, L. Marshall.

Best, Nathalia: M. Davies, T. Snelson, D. Barnes, M. Gemmill, B. Ross, R. Barnes. Deniliquin: A. Landale, D. Hall, T. Bartlett, W. Haines, D. Murphy, B. Leech.

Katandra9.6 (60)

Jerilderie7.6 (48)

Goals, Katandra: C. Wilson 3, J. Sprunt 2, A. Riordan, R. Hopkins, R. Ireland, A. Everard. Jerilderie: S. Way 4, B. Hamilton 3.

Best, Katandra: R. Ford, S. Venables, R. Ireland, D. Kennedy. Jerilderie: J. Williams, J. Payne, B. Nash, D. Price, S. Way, T. Bryce.

Barooga11.7 (73)

Rumbalara 6.8 (44)

Goals, Barooga: S. Harrop 4, S. Ryan 2, P. Mason 2, D. Tough 2, J. O'Dwyer. Rumbalara: R. Atkinson, D. Morgan, T. Lovett, P. Guthrie, S. Blackman, L. Briggs.

Best, Barooga: S. Harrop, M. Brooks, D. Tough, N. Flanagon, T. O'Dwyer, J. Brooks, S. Ryan, Z. Goodwin. Rumbalara: P. Guthrie, C. Edwards, W. Morgan, K. Saunders, L. Briggs, M. Chisholm.

Blighty13.14 (92)

Strathmerton 4. 4 (28)

Goals, Blighty: B. Napier 4, T. Moodie 3, J. Culton 2, R. Wettenhall, T. Wilson, M. Moodie, S. Chaplin. Strathmerton: A. Cleary 3, M. Dunston.

Best, Blighty: M. Pearn, M. Moodie, B. Napier, L. Coulton, T. Wilson. Strathmerton: A. Cleary, S. Edgar, S. Cole, S. Thorne.

Mulwala14.10 (94)

Tocumwal10. 3 (63)

Goals, Mulwala: N. Trieze 4, S. Robinson 4, B. James 2, C. Powell 3, C. Kennedy, L. Howroyd. Tocumwal: S. Downie 3, J. Bruce 2, L. Warnett 2, N. Ball, W. Gotschling, D. Farrell.

Best, Mulwala: C. Kennedy, N. Triele, B. James, C. Cowen. Tocumwal: S. Logie, K. Chellew, L. Warnett, J. Daniel, D. Margery
Grand final, division two: Waaia v Yarroweyah at 6.30 pm on Friday, March 30.

It's hard to go past Waaia after watching its two games, so it should be a tight contest with the midfields determining the outcome.

Plus it will be interesting to see how Adam Waasdorp goes against the team he coached for the last couple of years.

Grand final, division one: Barooga v Mulwala is at 8.30 pm on Friday, March 30.

You look at form and player lists and you would have to say Mulwala is the favourite for this one.

Young, quick legs and a heap of experience should have them come on top.

Barooga under new coach Matt Byers has been building and its intensity at the football could make this a tight and interesting final.

Tip with head - Mulwala.

Tip with heart - Barooga.

I would like to thank our sponsors and football fans for their continued support.

Most of all I would like to thank Grahame and staff at the Courier for the time and effort and the wonderful exposure they have given the night series.

- Anton Noble

Have seen Adam Brunt out mark many 6+ footers. No complex about that boys ability! Brunt & the Daniel boys make Shaun Hart proud!
Agree with your comments about brunty have seen him do it his whole footy career, but he is only one of quite a few smaller players out there. Don't you need some talls, they probably have only got two maybe three over 6ft, especially now lias is not going around. Do not think shaun hart would be taken by many before brown or lynch during the same era.In regards to the Daniel boys I agree they go alright and even better one is albino.
Point I make is a good big bloke is better than a good little bloke. You should realise this , I thought it was clearly obvious the Camo was the bloke most likely to win you blokes your last game !!!

How are the Dookie recruits gelling with the locals? Are there any college boys to keep an eye out for? Where was Payne-Croston against Merrigum? Is he injured? Heard he may have done his ankle again....:eek:

just wondering how all the grounds are looking with just 1 week before the start of the season.

just wondering how all the grounds are looking with just 1 week before the start of the season.
Katandras ground is in the best condition i have seen it in.Good thick cover all over it at the moment.

Katandra's ground is in the best condition i have seen it in EVER!!!. Good thick cover all over it at the moment.

Hosted the Shepp CA B Grade Semi Final and Grand Final, these games are normally played on Shepp Grounds, a big plus to all the work that has been done on the ground. Helps heaps when your coach is pretty high up in the shire!!!

How are the Dookie recruits gelling with the locals? Are there any college boys to keep an eye out for? Where was Payne-Croston against Merrigum? Is he injured? Heard he may have done his ankle again....:eek:

Payne dog is far from injured rabbsy old boy, he will be one of the best CHF this year he has lost 8kg and has inproved on his speed. Look Out For The DOOKIE CHF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back